I Am Iron Man

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

bikeninja wrote:So I saw it! it was alright, but like Eldarcar said, it instantly becomes amazing by the scene after the credits.
Also, his alcoholism and womanizing is appearant in the first 5 minutes...
... and completely forgotten about half an hour later...

Good movie though.
Kyrel
Executioner

Post by Kyrel »

I watched it a couple of days ago, and I think that they pull off this movie fairly well. I've seen better movies, but certainly also worse. There's a couple of issues I have with the movie, but peace be with it. Hope we'll get to see more of Iron Man in the future.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

As a Iron Man fanatic myself, I must say I was disappointed in the movie. I expected much more action and not half to 3/4 of the movie of Stark building stuff and testing it out. The last fight only lasted about five minutes. Apart from that I liked the film but I felt somehow it could of been better.

My favorite parts: (Highlight)

"The truth is....(brief pause)....I am Iron man" Media becomes frenzied.

Also the last part was simply amazing. I was hard pressed to see it however as I and my mates were constantly getting the GTFO light but we kept telling them that we paid for this movie and were going to see it to the end.

Another one of my favorite parts was when Stark broke away from his captivity. Pure bred awesomeness right there.

I eagerly await the second installment. ;)

I give this movie four :) :) :) :) out of five.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

So what you guys are saying is, that when I see the movie, I should stick around and wait for the credits to end?
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

So what you guys are saying is, that when I see the movie, I should stick around and wait for the credits to end?
Yes.

Oh, and incidentally, I've seen it three times now.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Arcadian
Shade

Post by Arcadian »

Only wait to see the Credits if you want a reason to go see the sequal, or are a Marvel Fan, ect.

The minute plus scene is worth the wait.

One of the best super Hero movies in a long time. My only complaint might be that they made Tony Stark way too likeable.
Chocolate is a gift & murder's a gift, ergo, murder and chocolate are sisters.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

It was very good. Maybe not
I've seen it three times now
kind of good, but still very high on the list of goodness. :) Well worth a watch.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Didn't Eldy see Transformers like five times when it came out? :lol:

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I'm assuming he has some sort of deal with movie theatres that involves him not having to pay to see movies...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Khel wrote:Didn't Eldy see Transformers like five times when it came out? :lol:

Well expect him to see it at least another 4 or 5 times then, because it was a lot better than that excuse for a film... :twisted:
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I liked Iron Man, though my girlfriend thinks Transformers is better.
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Didn't know about that extra scene but thank god for the internet.

I really enjoyed the film, certainly one of the better superhero films.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

Went an saw it on the weekend with my girlfriend and we both loved. Great movie and thanks for the after credit scene warning as very few people stayed or seemed to know about it.
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I still haven't seen it (No time!)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I took my kids and we all enjoyed it. It was much better than I thought it was going to be.

I'm intrigued by the end of credit trailer, what was it for? Normally I stay to the end but nature called on this occasion.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

It was to show that a sequel (which shall be awesome beyond compare) will be coming out with Hulk, Iron Man, maybe Captain America and Thor. It's going to be about the organization called 'S.H.I.E.L.D' and it's members.

This is all presumption however.

Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

S.H.I.E.L.D. - I remember those guys. That would be awesome if they can pull that off.
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

S.H.I.E.L.D. may be organizing it, but the real point of the scene is to confirm that they are making an Avengers movie. They will be the real stars. I for one can't wait, and desperately hope that in preperation they make a really dark and action-packed Captain America movie set in WWII (I don't pay attention to many movie rumers very far out, so I don't know if they already have other plans).

And to help strengthen this posts somewhat tenuous on topic status, I loved Iron-man. It could have had a bit more action, but the stuff it had was really god.
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Thor and Captain America are already scheduled for production/release. I expect their movies to be out before the Avengers.
Halbarad
Executioner

Post by Halbarad »

I really liked the film, much better than many superhero films.

Also the piece after the credits was awesome, hopefully the head of S.H.I.E.L.D will be back in more films with more of a role.
I live on the edge. Between Life and Death, Light and Dark, Insanity and Genius. I protect you all from what you truly are and what I know you to be.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Khel wrote:It was to show that a sequel (which shall be awesome beyond compare) will be coming out with Hulk, Iron Man, maybe Captain America and Thor. It's going to be about the organization called 'S.H.I.E.L.D' and it's members.

This is all presumption however.

And a reference to the Ultimates alternate marvel reality where the leader of shield is drawn to look exactly like the guy who plays him in the Iron man movie.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I'm going to see it tonight. Hooray!
Arcadian
Shade

Post by Arcadian »

Actually Marvel has announced its intentions to not release a Super Hero movie in 2009 and then in 2010 to release Thor in May then Iron Man 2 in July. Then in 2011 they've planned Captain America; First Avenger for May, with Avengers slated for July.

That was released the day that they announced the box office success of Iron Man which is Marvels first self made film.
Robert Downey is supposd to cameo in Hulk and its rumored that Fury does as well. According to all the hype, thus is the Ultimates version of the Story and there will be lots of crossover/cameo stuff in all the movies.
Chocolate is a gift & murder's a gift, ergo, murder and chocolate are sisters.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Well, it's to be expected it runs in the Ultimates version. It is what is supposed to keep Marvel going, to recruit a new audience.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Ehehe... heh... heh.... eh...