firefox 3

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

are you going to or have already download mozzilla firefox 3?

yes
94%
no
No votes
dont know
6%

Total votes: 16

Vallorn deathblade
Noble

firefox 3

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

i was wondering whether anyone else is going to download firefox 3 and if you already have it then what are your experiences.

if you dont know what firefox is then click here to go to the free download page at mozzilla.org
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

Yes. I've been using Firefox for years, certainly going to move on to the latest version.

My kids got taught internet security at school - rule 1 was don't use IE, use Firefox.
You need to get out more.
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

yes have downloaded it, but since not all add-in I use are available for it I'm still running my trusty portable ff 2.0.0.14

Don't use the Internet Exploiter
:P
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

yeah ive been using firfox for a couple of months now. wish i had found it sooner than i did. so will definately be downloading the new version
you don't know the power of the darkside
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I downloaded V3 on the day of release. I like the bookmarking improvements, particularly the tagging you can do.

A few of my extensions don't work, but most I can live without (the only slight annoyance being the loss of the google calendar notifier).

And Mozilla only has one z...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

On Download Day. :D

Bye
Thanee
The call of the hunt
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by The call of the hunt »

I have it, it is ok, but it seems slower than firefox 2. And also tries to acsess some google thingy, everytime I change webpage, I think this may be slowing it down, anyone know how to sort it out? Cheers.

Oh, and Hi by the way, i'm new. Do you guys have an introduction forum or something?

TCOTH
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

the call of the hunt wrote:Oh, and Hi by the way, i'm new. Do you guys have an introduction forum or something?

TCOTH

Welcome! Check the relevant sticky at the top of this off-topic forum for introductions.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Friends dont let friends use Explorer.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i've been using it for 3+ months. beta 4 was awesome, beta 5 sucked arse, the release candidate fixed most of the problems, and as far as i can tell what i downloaded on download day was the same as the RC version. all the best extensions work with v3 and thats what matters. the only real reason i use it on my mac is cause safari can't deal with java and large photo galleries - it just goes mental and takes all the processor power it can! On windows its a no brainier.

having said that there's still lots of bad things. occasionally it will become power hungry for no reason, bookmarks are better but nowhere as good as safari, for use in laptops it takes up a little too much screen real estate, default skin is ok but not great, etc etc

Having said that, i still prefer it to safari and oprea... keep meaning to try some other browsers, but haven't got round to it.

As for speed, if anything i would say its improved. it depends what you viewing. i can't live without noscript and adblock plus. since ads often take the most time to load i think thats where you prob could be. javascript just annoys me - some websites need it to run, the best don't. i could go on a rant about java script but i've already babbled enough :D

FF WTF xD
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I would just like to say that I use Internet Explorer.
There. I've said it :p
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Your not the only one Belial...
Firefox won't let me log in to D.Net for some reason so i'm forced to use IE, not that I mind though.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

well... apparently IE7 isn't too bad, but i don't really want to find out. i've used it a few times, and it just gets on my nerves. The problem was that all versions of IE before IE7 were badly made. they ignored all the standards set up on how to display web pages and were incredibly insecure.

The single most important reason for not using IE is that it doesn't fully comply with the W3C standards. pages are rendered incorrectly, but because most people use IE web designers have to create pages that render in IE. a well built site on the other hand will render properly in all browsers, but to few designers care enough to spend the little extra time to learn how to do these simple things.

And what makes it worse is that IE8 (being designed at the mo) isn't going to look very different, but Microsoft have said that they are working on some new ways to display things. completely pointless. now web-designers that chose to use these new tags (or what every they may be) will be making there sites even less compatible with other browsers.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics