What does everyone here actually do?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

What does everyone here actually do?

Post by Kinslayer »

Simple enough question its just a way of getting to know everyone better i suppose, and a lot of variation will obviously come up. Whats your job? Still in school?

Personally ive finished with school after getting a few gcses and finding A levels too much, im now hoping to go to college to do a course called Edexcel (BTEC) national certificate in animal nursing, rehabilitation & health.

My grades and previous experience working with animals means i can go straight into this course without doing 2 one year courses first, the national diploma and award. After that im hoping to go on to working with animals (obviously) not as a vetenarian though something more hands on less medical-y.

So what about you?
Last edited by Kinslayer on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tjd
Corsair

Post by Tjd »

Im still a student in high school, but i am hoping to move far far away from here (Illinois) and major in biophysics, in some random college, iduno have got it all planned out yet... but i do want to move to the UK after i graduate of college. woo. hopefully they wont hate me over there. Especially you heartrender. DONT REND ME PLEASE. lol.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Head Chef. I curb my language when I come onto this forum (as much as I can), hours are bad so you see me on sometimes late at night, early in the morning, sometimes midday. But I like the work. I cop a lot of <insert bad word> because I'm lean. "Never trust a skinny chef" the saying goes, but if anyone gives me any of that... well, pray I don't find out where you live. ;) Just kidding, I wouldn't go that far.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

I work as an engineer in a processing plant here in Oz.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

"Never trust a skinny chef" the saying goes, but if anyone gives me any of that... well, pray I don't find out where you live.

I've been working in kitchens a lot... you know what I'd say - never trust a chef who don't swear :lol:

I've been doing a lot of work besides school... On a farm, in lots of kitchens, on a golf course etc. etc.

My main "occupation" is school... year twelve... The only good thing about that is that being in year twelve usually means two things:

1) you're 18

2) you'll be done very soon :D

After school I'm going to South Africa doing work for one of the poor (money -wise) communities there and after doing that for two years I'm off studying astrophysics... as long as I manage to get a SATAC above 90, that is...

HUZZAH!
Last edited by Mr. anderson on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I'm done with the Danish Gymnasium, so now I'm on to new adventures. I'm starting Journalism in February, unless I get accepted for mediascience at the university.

These weeks however, I'm working the graveyard shift at Grundfoss, a company that produces pumps.
Mmckeddie
Assassin

Post by Mmckeddie »

Shipping manager at a sporting goods wholesaler. Also have a diploma in Theatre Production and work backstage in theatre/rock concerts etc when I can.
Death becomes you
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Im in year 11. Almost year 12 in little ole Sydney. I plan on traveling after school. After that i have a job repairing hydraulic cylinders on oil rigs and bridges. So don't piss me off or ill make your local bridge collapse.

=]
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
B0yceb0y
Dark Rider

Post by B0yceb0y »

Yr. 11 in highschool USA. Arizona.

Work in a smoothie place inside a grocery store (Jamba Juice/Safeway)

Plan on going to college after.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

on again off again university student, I'm in between schools right now.
My job varies. Last year I worked at a hobby shop (sold warhammer too) but I went away for school and my position was filled when I got back. So now I work at a gas station (safeway) and do nothining all day.
I also started painting for a friend, and some other people I know are wiling to pay me for painting their models. so I guess I do that as well :D

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i do that too (click the pic in my signature :) )
Elipsis
Dark Rider

Post by Elipsis »

I'm in year 10 going on 11 so i have my GCSEs coming up, done fast track spanish so i've also got spanish AS next year.
Havent got a job yet though
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

I finished my physics degree this time last year and now I'm a software developer for an oil services company.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Roman v. numeral
Shade

Post by Roman v. numeral »

I print phone books for a large part of North America and occasionally China. Beyond that I mostly waste my time surfing the couch or 'net.
Group 25!

Name: Cenar Stoneburn
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS:4, S:5, T:4, D:3, I:2
Equipment: Long sword, shield, light armour
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

I graduated from my college/university this spring and I'm a community educator from the school of youthwork and civic activities. Now I'm working in a children's protection unit. Hard work, but it's an important work.
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

I screwed up at the academy of arts in the first year. So I'll try another one in a moth, and work my as of this time.
If I'm not excepted, Ill be going for architecture.

But now it's still vacation, So I'm working in a supermarket and delivering papers for money.
KILL!!!
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

I'm just about to finish my diploma thesis in chemistry after which I will start the corresponding PhD program.
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Finished university last year and now I work as a software developer and designer, mainly programming stuff for IBM WAS 6.1 and SAP NetWeaver 7.0s ERP6.40 :P
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Programming huh? You could've helped me with that stupid assignment we got a few weeks ago ;) It nearly killed me... and the rest of my class too :shock:

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

I just finished my exams (year 12 is done :D ) and now I'm on vacation till september, where I start working for an advocate... Thanks God just for a month... after that I'll have to join the army for 6 months. Meanwhile I have to deide for a University (still don't know what I will do ;) )
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

I work in the produce section of a grocery store, coach middle school field hockey and am going for my degree in Secondary Education with a focus on Social Sciences.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Lord Temnir what country are you in is the army compulsory? I was thinking of joining it before i got into a relationship its optional here in england.

and triple post mate... lol.
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Got to love the quality of the triple post. Lol.

I was thinking of joining the army reserves. Looks appealing. Good luck with that Temnir.

=]
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Die go
Executioner

Post by Die go »

I´m working as concept artist in a game studio here in Spain, and trying to save as much time as I can to play, modelling and painting. Not much at all, sadly.
"Brother, while you burn, you belong to life."
Emal
Executioner

Re: What does everyone here actually do?

Post by Emal »

Heartrender wrote:Simple enough question its just a way of getting to know everyone better i suppose, and a lot of variation will obviously come up. Whats your job? Still in school?

Personally ive finished with school after getting a few gcses and finding A levels too much, im now hoping to go to college to do a course called Edexcel (BTEC) national certificate in animal nursing, rehabilitation & health.

My grades and previous experience working with animals means i can go straight into this course without doing 2 one year courses first, the national diploma and award. After that im hoping to go on to working with animals (obviously) not as a vetenarian though something more hands on less medical-y.

So what about you?

At the moment im working as an assisting nurse untill i know if i get into the nurse school, if i dont then i will be traveling to other countries where i will work as an assisting nurse, that pays rather well in norway but not here in sweden, but sweden has a long term contract with norway, we train here where the school is free and then we go there, swenor company pay for a place for me to stay while i work my ass of there.
For the druchii