Testing...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sathnir tempestmaster
Trainee Warrior

Testing...

Post by Sathnir tempestmaster »

Just a topic for people to test Images and putting picks into post, as I've seen a few people not be able to, and I'm not sure I can myself, and want to test ebfore I intrude into the other forums.

Thanks for your patience.

Sathnir Tempestmaster
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

The issue with the first image there seems to be the fact that you are trying to use HTML code on the forum, which only supports BBcode in posts. Also, even for HTML, you're way off formatting that correctly.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Faerthurir
Corsair

Post by Faerthurir »

remember, when in doubt, google what you want to do...

http://contentor.net/index/help/BBCode

that should help
"There was a baby's nappy in that stagnant water, and some of it got in my mouth. And that STILL wasn't the mankiest thing that's happened to me all weekend."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Is there a way to post an image that has been saved in the album?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Faerthurir
Corsair

Post by Faerthurir »

try going to the album, going to the picture, right clicking it, clicking "copy image location" or whatever the equivalent is in your browser, and then pasting that into the bbcode...
"There was a baby's nappy in that stagnant water, and some of it got in my mouth. And that STILL wasn't the mankiest thing that's happened to me all weekend."
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Find the URL of the image and enclose it within the image formatting specified in the link Faerthurir posted above. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.
ImageImageImageImage
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The easy way to find out any bbcode formatting is just to quote a post that has the code you're looking for.

The quoted text is always translated back into BBcode, including pictures.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

what model is that?

i want one
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thank you all for the replies.
I'm not sure why it still does not work.

I selected the URL, pasted in my text, selected the text, click "Img" but it does not work.

Is it because what I quote is not an image, but part of an album?
If so, how can I get the image's URL, not the album's?

For the new DRAICH image on the ToC, I did selected the artist's image and pasted the selection and it worked out well. But that image happend to be hosted in another place than D.net album.

So, I still do not know how to insert in a post an image previously loaded in the D.net album.
Could anyone explain me how to do?

By the way, I apologize for vampiring the thread, I sort of feel that my concerns are close to the starter of the thread.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Right, I see the issue there. In your last post you are linking to the page where the image is displayed, what you want to do is link to the image itself. IE: replace " http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=4002" with "http://www.druchii.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=4002&sid=99878673247336c3a6a9bd3727669d0b"

Except.... that link seems not to link directly to the image for some reason. This confuses me. Host it elsewhere?
ImageImageImageImage
Faerthurir
Corsair

Post by Faerthurir »

hmm, the php might screwing that up i think. try saving the picture, hosting in on photobucket or soemwhere? or ask someone else :P despite my now five years of computer science i've only ever really lurked on boards, and my knowledge of bbcode is somewhat lax
Sathnir tempestmaster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sathnir tempestmaster »

Thanks guys for the advice offered, I figured it out, and promptly put up my army on painting and modelling :D

The model, who betta, is a converted Avatars of War Dreadlord. Nothing major really conversion wise, his right scabbard was clipped off, right arm green stuffed abit and Whatshisface Manflayer's sword was added. Then left arm was clipped, and the aforementioned Manflayer's Crossbow Bracer was added. Finally the SDC was bent round alittle, if you want any more information on it, ask in the P&M forum under my army blog ;)

Thanks again Guys
Sathnir Tempestmaster
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

And since it's solved, I'll just go ahead and lock here...