Pierings, tattoos, scarification and anything similar.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

T'keela
Noble

Pierings, tattoos, scarification and anything similar.

Post by T'keela »

Hey guys, recently had my tongue pierced and it got me thinking; I wonder if anyone else on the forums had tattoosm piercings or any scarification. As well as why you got it done and what it is blah blah. Or even if you though about it and decided against getting something done.

A bit of a random thread but yeah. :D

Harley.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I'm interested in hearing your reason for getting your tongue pierced, actually. I have never understood why people would do that (this is not putting anyone down... just genuine interest in something I have never ever understood in the slightest and always wondered why people do it :D ).

I have thought about getting one ear pierced. The reason why haven't gotten it done... couldn't be bothered? And I generally don't trust people with sharp things after working as kitchen hand... maybe I will get it done some day.

Oh... and I like that word... sacrification.... Sounds like the job description of a death hag ;)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Well first of all it wasn't an impulsive, drop of the hat decision. I've been thinking about getting either snakebites or my tongue pierced for about 2 years now. Probably the biggest reason for me wanting it done is my aunt/ She has her nose pierced i think, possibly her eyebrow, her ears, her tongue and her labret. She also has a full sleeve on one of her arms, a lightning bolt tattooed on her opposite wrist, flames on chest, gemini on the back of her beck, i think an angel on her calf and stars on her ankles. Bit of a freak i know. I couldn't tell you why she got all her tats/piercings done but she's been a huge influence on me and is very important so my tongue was pretty much a tribute to her. Anyway yeah thats my story, currently considering getting snakbites in june and stretchers at the end of the year. :P

Oh and scarification is kinda like tattooing except, well scarred on to your body so more permanent. haha.

Oh and as for the experience to be totally honest it hurts no where near as much as you could imagine and probably took a total of 5-20 seconds for the entire procedure. I was astonished how quick it took.

so yeah. :D
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Svennh
Warrior

Post by Svennh »

I had 3 earrings and a piercing in the eyebrow. I had to remove all because of my work.
I still have two tattoos: a scorpion and the letter S and E.

I had it all done because I think it's beautiful.
ImageImage
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

If im getting to personal just ignore me but do they mean anything? Or where they simply for decoration and beautifulness? My mother for example has an eye on her back she got it to represent me her firstborn ya da ya da.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Svennh
Warrior

Post by Svennh »

Just for decoration. No deeper meaning, sorry.
That's why I didn't had any problems removing the erarings and piercing.
ImageImage
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I have a pair of angels with one wing each, they're holding each other up in flight. They also have orange-ish pheonix coloured wings. (Colouring was the annoying part because it takes much longer).

It symolises me and my partner being able to take any burden on no matter what if we carry it together and the pheonix wings are there because we can come back from anything. :D

Hurray for overtly emotional tatoo work!

It also looks very cool.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I'm thinking about getting me left ear and corner of my lip peirced, and getting one or two tattoos, but I wont do anything until I am sure, so as of yet I have nothing done. Tattoos I am thinking of a grim reaper, tiger or something Warhammery
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Don't get yourself anything permanent Kinslayer... you'll want to change it after a couple weeks/months like your forum nicks <.<
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Dalamar wrote:Don't get yourself anything permanent Kinslayer... you'll want to change it after a couple weeks/months like your forum nicks <.<

ahhhhhahaha! That brought a smile to my face :lol:

Peircings I want for sure, Tattoo I do but am as yet undecided on a design.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I have the top of my left ear pierced. I alternate between regarding it as a lesson in why teenagers are stupid and "that thing which makes it hurt to wear good earphones". There's a picture floating around of Silas headbutting me right on it about a week after it went in.

My girlfriend, by comparison, has three on each ear, both sides of her nose and her labret pierced as well as two tattoos on her arms and one on her back. She has more planned. *shrug*

Dalamar wrote:Don't get yourself anything permanent Kinslayer... you'll want to change it after a couple weeks/months like your forum nicks <.<
*ZING*
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Pops71408
Shade

Post by Pops71408 »

I have one between my shoulderblades. It's a cross with a rose in the middle. The rose is in honor of my first child who passed away (still birth) and the cross reminds me that there is purpose to everything. I'm planning on getting more but i have no money, darn kids :), and I want my tattoos to be meaningfull.

Words of advice: If you are wanting a tattoo make sure it means something to you. If it doesn't you will end up regretting it in the future and you won't help the taboo agains tattoos. Secondly make sure you can cover it up unless you know your proffession doesn't mind tattoos. Third, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! don't be afraid to ask questions, look at portfolios, and say NO! It's your tattoo that's going to be on your body forever. Get what you want. And don't be afraid to drop a couple hundred dollars for one, they're totally worth it!
Mictian
Shade

Post by Mictian »

Only got my right eyebrow pierced atm, had it done about a week ago :P
Thinking about tattoos, but I don't think they will come in the near future. :P
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

make sure it means something to you

Hear hear! If it means something it's all the more special.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

and less likely to make you look back in a couple of years and go oh crap! =P
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

That's why I'd also say, don't ever tattoo any names on yourself... just in case.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

lol one of my best friends brothers just got gemma tattoo'd on his back ahhahaha
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Svennh
Warrior

Post by Svennh »

Words of advice: If you are wanting a tattoo make sure it means something to you. If it doesn't you will end up regretting it in the future and you won't help the taboo agains tattoos. Secondly make sure you can cover it up unless you know your proffession doesn't mind tattoos. Third, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! don't be afraid to ask questions, look at portfolios, and say NO! It's your tattoo that's going to be on your body forever. Get what you want. And don't be afraid to drop a couple hundred dollars for one, they're totally worth it!

Those are wise words, if you're still a student think of the future.
Is the tatoo compatible with my future work?

But I dont agree that a tatoo has to mean something, I just think its beautiful, it doesn't mean a thing to me. I do agree with names or letters.
I've got a S and a E tatooed on my right shoulder: it was the first letter of my name (Sven) and my girlfriend (Erika).
Now that I'm married I got a little bit lucky, my wife's name is Sabine and my daughter Eline so S and E.
ImageImage
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

Alas, fate works in such fickle ways, whether it is for the better or worse, only time will tell.

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo when I'm 18. Probably something with a runic feel or something that looks spiky.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Those are wise words, if you're still a student think of the future.
Is the tatoo compatible with my future work?

I think the best way to go about it is to make sure you can cover it up no matter what kind of clothing you wear for your job. The lower back or shoulder blade would probably be a good place to have it. If you had asked me a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to tell you what job I'm working in now (and let me tell you something else - a tattoo on the forearm would have messed my chances to get said job up rather badly).

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Borog
Beastmaster

Post by Borog »

I have 7 piercings, two in each ear, left eyebrow and both nipples. Planning on getting a tattoo between the shoulders, but I`m hesitating a bit cause I want to make sure I get one that I want permanently ;)
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

borog you can answer this question for me....WHAT THE FLIP (oops nearly dropped an F-bomb :$) is with people getting their nipples pierced..i think its sooooooo stupid. I mean unless you walk around with your shirt off no one is gonna see it. One of my friend Reece wants it done and i dont get why. So how come you got it done? Do you like being hanged from the ceiling by your nipples or like i dunno? :P
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Calith
Trainee Warrior

Post by Calith »

well I've got three earings in my left ear, one at the bottom just a stud and two hoops at the top and I have two tattoos, a wolf and a tribal below it.
The earings I got 7 years ago cant remember the reasoning behind it. I got the wolf three years ago because I've always been interested in the animal since I was little and used to have a huskie, the tribal I got a year later just because I went in the parlor with my girlfriend who was getting one done and the pull was to great.
Word of warning for all those who want tattoo's its very hard to stop at 1 they are addictive (but in a good way)
Character Class: Shade

Weapon Skill (WS):3
Strength (S):3
Toughness (T):3
Dexterity (D):5
Intelligence (I):4

Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.

Basic Stealth.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

I am quite into this sort of thing, I have my tongue pierced, and used to have my lip pierced 3 times (middle and both sides), though as said, I dont wear them anymore.

As far as tattoos go, I have a full sleeve on my right arm, including a Mark of Slaanesh. I have started my left arm also. I have some random bits on my leg and my mates name, "Diesel", on my behind!!!
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Pops71408
Shade

Post by Pops71408 »

i second that tattoos are addictive...far more addictive than drugs and I've done my share!