Sha'a'alaar Opens a Wargame Hobby Shop

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Sha'a'alaar Opens a Wargame Hobby Shop

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Hi there

Thought I'd let my fellow Druchii know that my wargame hobby shop plans are moving forward. I've found the perfect premises just need to get a bank loan.

Until the actual shop opens I'm already set up and trading on the web at www.wargamesheaven.co.uk. For the moment I'm only selling to customers in the UK. Not all products are on the site yet (only 2000+, do you have any idea how long it takes to enter all that detail?) but I am selling the full ranges from the manufacturers so if you don't see what you want, e-mail me and we'll see what can be done.

Anyway, thanks for your forebearance

cheers
Sha'a'alaar
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey!

Havent heard from you in ages man. This is great news, Ill be sure to check it out :)

Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Compliments! These are hard times to open a shop, living in Italy I cannot support you but I wish you good luck.
You need to update the website with more Druchii stuff :badh: !wink!
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Thanks guys.

It's taken a lot longer than planned and the fight for money for the shop goes on. I must get that because I think it'll be the best place - wargame shop with everything, intro games, a coffee bar and a 16 table club room! I'll keep you posted.

cheers
Sha'a'alaar
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Sounds lovely, good luck.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I wish you the best of luck. I wissh I could do something similar, maybe not wargames, but digital games instead.
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

Good Luck! Remeber not to get too focused on one type of game, I have lost more Hobby shops around here because they did that :(.

-crazyhorse
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

As a (late) update, we are much more of "games" centre than a "wargames" centre. This spread started from the day we opened as has continued ever since. Lots of board games, RPGs and card games (especially the living card games from Fantasy Flight. We may even change our name to "Games Heaven" but that involves a bit of work.

Only thing we don't do for gamers is anything electronic - I just figured that that market was too crowded with companies like Game and Gamestation.

Still, nearly got a year under our belts and we're still open!

cheers
Sha'a'alaar