Soundwaveeeeee 2010!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

T'keela
Noble

Soundwaveeeeee 2010!

Post by T'keela »

Soooo anyone else going? Anyone else wish they were going? Anyone glad they're not going? What acts are people keen to/not to see?

Anything and everything regarding the festival really. =]

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

i was going to go because Killswitch Engage MAY have been going... But I don't think I will now. Its only Trivium and Escape the Fate that I would go for... But I saw them pretty recently so Ill give it a miss...
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Hmm not really a fan of Escape the Fate. Especially since I don't think Craig Mabbit's vocals in the group really do them justice. I much preferred him in Bless the Fall. Buuuuuuuuuut I mean Soundwave has class acts like: The Devil Wears Prada, Rolo Tomassi, A Day To Remember, It Dies Today, All Time Low, Enter Shikari, Emarosa, You Me At Six, Closure In Moscow and Whitechapel.

=]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

I am going. The Devil Wears Prada FTW!

Hopefully it will be a great day. I went in 2008 as well, when The Offspring were there (one of the best bands ever) and that was an amazing day.
Brokenstone
Cold One Knight

Post by Brokenstone »

Wow, i am going for entirely the opposite reasons as you guys. Mainly Faith No More, perhaps hope heaps that they play a side show, but mainly they are what dragged me in. Last year it was just NIN, Dillinger Escape Plan and Devildriver that had me there. Which was a strong start.

Anthrax, Janes Addiction, Meshuggah, Trivium, Eagles of Death Metal, Isis, and Clutch all seem juicy though. Should be a good time as usual.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Ahh I missed out last year. *sadface* I was really keen to see Dillinger live as well.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I see you guys, except for Brokenstone, is all about the metalcore stuff.

Let me say this: If you go to this festival, watch Faith No More. They are a piece of music history, inspired a generation of metal, and you are in for one hell of a show and a once in a lifetime experience(saw them this summer). See them, or I will forever be dissapointed.

Also, a lot of other good acts. And I'm very much on Brokenstone's wagon. Anthrax, Meshuggah, Egales of Death Metal, Isis...

I'd like to add: Go see Set Your Goals. They are really capable of starting an awesome party.

But really. Faith No More. You won't regret it. I'm only sad that I live here in cold scandinavia, and can't get to the festival myself.

Now... do my bidding