Christmas shopping panic; Gift for GF?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Umpac
Warrior

Christmas shopping panic; Gift for GF?

Post by Umpac »

So this year I decided to theme my christmas gifts to the 7 deadly sins (my girlfriend is a bit of horror movie freak) and bought most of the sins, but need help on the hardest ones ! This is what I got so far:

Lust: Sex toy

Greed: Giving her money would be boring and wierd so I got some choclate coins im gonna place in a pig bank (thats a word right?).

Wrath: Nothing, making her mad over an empty gift. Mostly an emergency solution and for fun, its her kind of humor. Could use some good ideas here tho !

Gluttony: Candy. Pretty much a no brainer.

Envy: No idea, really. Theres a swedish expression called "green with envy" so I was thinkgin of giving her something green, but something less farfetched would be nice.

Pride: Recently bought a fairly large trophy with the inscription Vix, Worlds Greatest Girlfriend (they are surprisingly cheap o.O).

Sloth: Im giving her a couple of DVDs with her favourite show Invader Zim for those lazy nights at home.

So its wrath and envy thats really giving me trouble, if any1 could think of anything it would be awesome, even if its farfetched.
"A computer wont stop you from being an idiot, but it will make you a faster, better idiot."
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

For envy, why not go opposite, why not get her something that would make other people envy her, rather than try to make her envy something?

Wrath is uh, a tough one. Give her something to use to open the other gifts with a vengeance? So the other gifts feel her wrath.
Umpac
Warrior

Post by Umpac »

thenick18 wrote:For envy, why not go opposite, why not get her something that would make other people envy her, rather than try to make her envy something?

Thats actually pretty brilliant, just gotta think of something that others will envy her for then :D. But yeah, way to think outside the box !
"A computer wont stop you from being an idiot, but it will make you a faster, better idiot."
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

umPac wrote:Sloth : Im giving her a couple of DVDs with her favourite show Invader Zim for those lazy nights at home.

Your GF is now my new best friend :P Invader Zim is very under appreciated in NZ.

If you want people (perhaps just her female friends) buy her some shiny amazing jewelery?

Anyway congratz on this amazing present idea. My GF is a broadway nut, so the only present I could feasibly get her is a plane ticket to New York, which is not going to happen.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

"Green with envy" is a pretty standard term.

What I think you should do is get something that you know she would like, then refuse to share it with her. This will make her envious. Then rub it in until she gets angry. Thus you will face wrath.

Probably best not to take my advice really.....
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Arquinsiel wrote:Then rub it in until she gets angry. Thus you will face wrath.

As well all know, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Are you sure you want to survive this Xmas umPac?
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Mayordaley
Warrior

Post by Mayordaley »

When I was a kid my Ma gave me a "Piggy Bank"; thats what she called it anyway. Kudos on the seven themed Christmas presents; really original. Wrath is a rough one for sure. Personally I would go with what you wanted, no present, taking the safe way out. No need for an inadvertent Christmas day fight.
Sucess isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal. -Da Coach-
Umpac
Warrior

Post by Umpac »

Haha yeah I plan to survuve this xmas :). Ive also had similar ideas but I came to my senses and realised it still gotta be presents, not punishments (they have a nasty habbit of coming back and biting me in the ass!)! Ill probably go for some green jewelry of some kind.
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

For wrath, you could try one of these anti-stress thingies. Like a small ball you can squeeze. Don't know what they are called, they were pretty common here when I was a kid, right now I'm not sure.

In other words, give her something to help her channel her wrath!

As for the envy part, shiney jewelry always does the trick, especially if it costs more then your average warhammer army. :)
Umpac
Warrior

Post by Umpac »

Thanatoz wrote:For wrath, you could try one of these anti-stress thingies. Like a small ball you can squeeze. Don't know what they are called, they were pretty common here when I was a kid, right now I'm not sure.

In other words, give her something to help her channel her wrath!

As for the envy part, shiney jewelry always does the trick, especially if it costs more then your average warhammer army. :)

Heh as a poor student I cant really buy her THAT expensive stuff, Ill probably go for some silver necklace or something, as she likes silver better than gold (lucky me !).

Stress ball is a good idea, pretty cheap too. She likes video games too, so I was considering some real hack n slash game (devil may cry or something in that genre) but they tend to be pretty expensive, especially considering shes getting 6 other things, so yeah Stress ball sounds good :). Thanks every1 for contributing ! And lest hope she doesnt find this thread ^_^