next Malus Darkblade novel

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Landec_falkin
Slave on the Altar

next Malus Darkblade novel

Post by Landec_falkin »

[color=red]Anyone know[/color] if there is another Malus darkblade novel in the works, on the cards or on the backburner?

you know telling the story of getting his soul back.

Maybe they'll bring it back just before they start the next army book.

[color=red]Belated Mod Edit: Please refrain from using txtspeak on the boards, thank you.

- Belial[/color]
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I heard it was this autumn, but I couldn't say for sure. I'm looking forward to it and have been since last summer ...

Perhaps someone else may know more?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Black Library has its release schedule up until the beginning of next year, and there doesnt look like there is going to be anything Malus related for awhile.

If you can, try to dig out the old Malus Darkblade comics from decades past, Its what the novels are based off of and goes further in his story (hunting the deamon and other stuff). It also ends abruptly, but is still entertaining.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Re: next Malus Darkblade novel

Post by Gnosis »

Landec_Falkin wrote:any1 no

What I do know is that txtspk is out of bounds here.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
With hatred ...
Black Guard

Post by With hatred ... »

Kefka wrote:Black Library has its release schedule up until the beginning of next year, and there doesnt look like there is going to be anything Malus related for awhile.

If you can, try to dig out the old Malus Darkblade comics from decades past, Its what the novels are based off of and goes further in his story (hunting the deamon and other stuff). It also ends abruptly, but is still entertaining.

I was lucky enough to ask Mike Lee about the next novel. It was at Games Day 09, I think when the first omnibus was released. He said that he was commited to completing the Nagash series and hoped to start a new Malus book after that. He felt there was enough material from the graphic novels for at least another 5 books. I guess it's just a waiting game.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

With hatred ... wrote:
Kefka wrote:Black Library has its release schedule up until the beginning of next year, and there doesnt look like there is going to be anything Malus related for awhile.

I was lucky enough to ask Mike Lee about the next novel. It was at Games Day 09, I think when the first omnibus was released. He said that he was commited to completing the Nagash series and hoped to start a new Malus book after that. He felt there was enough material from the graphic novels for at least another 5 books. I guess it's just a waiting game.

I'd hope so. I can see atleast two or three books baste off of the sixth edition fluff alone as he needs to get his sould back, and we all want to see our favorite sociopath beating the crap out of the greater daemon that took residence in him.

Given as he is incharge of the Hag, there is also dealing with his older brother.

A third might be dealing with a few other loose ends like the black ark.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Quoted from an interview which appeared on www.thepainteddragon.co.uk on the 20th of January:

Mace: Are we going to see more Malus Darkblade books?

Dan: yes ;)
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak