Having problems loggin in...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Having problems loggin in...

Post by Kinslayer »

For some reason my laptop has decided not to let me log in. When I hit log in after typing my username and password it just takes me back to the login screen, or back to the home page without actually logging me in. I can still log into and access the site using my phone or via this, my brothers computer, but I really need access via my laptop so I can rp daily.

The fact it is just my laptop leads me to think the problem is not the site but the laptop itself, but I've tried everything I can think of (deleting all stored data, clearing cache, running updates, rebooting numerous times...)

Any ideas how to get around the problem?

The laptop is running Windows 7 and IE8 if that helps.
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

I've been having the same problem on my home computer as well. I'm using Windows Vista32 and Firefox on that one.

From what I can ascertain, it seems like it actually does log you in, except the website doesn't seem to accept it and kicks you back out immediately. The only way I've seen to get around it is to log in when you make a post or reply to a post. When you head back to the Home page, you'll notice that your "View Posts since last visit" thing will say 0, due to the aforementioned logging in and getting kicked out part.

As for what causes it and what you can do to fix it, I'm sorry to say that I have no idea. It only happens on my home computer and nowhere else, so I'm actually pretty stumped myself since the cookie/internet/etc. settings on both computers I regularly use are exactly the same.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Unfortunately it wasn't even logging me in like that, however the problem seems to have passed on its own now. I just logged on with no hassle numerous times, so perhaps whatever it was fixed itself. I just hope it doesn't return, at least I now know it was not just me getting that.

Maybe the site owners (langmann) know something about it?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

This is happening again now, it has been for about a week. Running IE8 I could not log in as described above, and even after I installed IE9 I still could not get on. I have just switched to Mozila Firefox and have been able to log in. I can only assume this is a problem with the connection between browser and website server? I don't know enough about computers to know what to do about it...
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Let's hope it's just due to IE sucking. Which it kinda does. Stick to Firefox/Chrome, even it didn't solve the issue :P
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior