New Regeneration Rules...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Genocide
Executioner

New Regeneration Rules...

Post by Genocide »

Well in the new WD there are new rules for regen - why I dont know - but I think its pure crap.

Basically, it allows you to negate all wounds except 3, then you can dispel these with a roll of 4+ on 3 dice....

Anyone think this is going to completely ruin the game? I mean it makes trolls one hell of a unit, and characters even stronger...

GW must want to sell more 20$ chaos trolls :roll:
Death to Malekith!
Ka'tala
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ka'tala »

The Armour of Eternal Servitude will definitely become a better choice ;)

But yeah, Trolls will become one heck of a unit...but the new regen still can't regenerate dead guys, so just kill 1 troll at a time with shooting or such...

:mrgreen:
Genocide
Executioner

Post by Genocide »

Yeah, but killing them is he hardest part...

Lets say a unit of 5 Chosen Knights, attacks a troll...10 wounds get off, 7 disapear..and now he has 3 dice to roll 3 4+ on for each wound...weird.
Death to Malekith!
Sulafein
Warrior

Post by Sulafein »

Um, if you 'kill' trolls by let's say 5 stone trolls recieve 7 wounds in CC, then you roll 7 dices, and let's say that you succed with all xept 2, that would be...

Casualties;
2 Trolls and 1 Troll with 2 Wounds remaining.

End results;
(1+3+1=5) 4 Trolls with full wounds and 1 troll with 1 wound remaining.

If you ppl would have thought otherwise then you must have played with one hell of crappy Trolls, especially with their I1...
The reason why the logical fire method isnt held is because it is to good otherwise, therefore the fire effect remains, despite the logic...
Jal'Koreth ultrin!
Genocide
Executioner

Post by Genocide »

In the new rules the # of wounds a character or unit has = the number of wounds they can take...IE, if a unit gets 10 wounds off, and your character with 3 wounds is there 7 disappear and you are left with 3 that count and 3 dice.
Death to Malekith!
Sulafein
Warrior

Post by Sulafein »

so if you kill 2 trolls, they still can regenerate the maximum they lost, hence 3 dice for the two of them and 1 for the one who lost 1 wound (3+3+1=7), so what I said was true.

If the new rules are as you say, then that is in an effort to make things more realistic (by a character chopped to bits takes to long of time to be able to regenerate himself to be able to participate in the remaining battle..), altough they get more crappy than before, still the times when ones character which has regenerate suffer 3 or more wounds is few, so it wont be that noticable...
By my guess thats what the GW team might have thought :roll:
Jal'Koreth ultrin!
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

Which WD number are these rules in? I'm not sure if it's in the one we have out here at the moment or next months for us.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Darius foulblood
Noble

Post by Darius foulblood »

This just can`t be right! What the heck was wrong with the old Regeneration rules? And more importantly, how am I ever going to take down my mate`s Strigoi lord now?