Possibly the best feeling ever

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jyrik
Warrior

Possibly the best feeling ever

Post by jyrik »

Managing to sneak an unharmed unit of witch elves into the flank of your brother's ungodly big unit of rat ogres and seeing the light of hope completely removed :twisted: and then subsequently obliterating said unit in one round of combat :twisted:
For SA players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Far too poor for this game
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Re: Possibly the best feeling ever

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Well, there was me expecting something along the lines of: marriage, graduating, going skydiving, losing your virginity, eating an ENORMOUS cake but nope... Gotta admit it - this thing tops em all Jyrik hahaha!!! :D
jyrik
Warrior

Post by jyrik »

Nothing wrong with a bit of sadism directed towards fellow wargamers ;)
For SA players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Far too poor for this game
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Dangerous Beans wrote:Well, there was me expecting something along the lines of: marriage, graduating, going skydiving, losing your virginity, eating an ENORMOUS cake but nope... Gotta admit it - this thing tops em all Jyrik hahaha!!! :D

Yup. This. HaHa.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

In the game, my best moment would be the time I managed to get a 10COK buffed up unit in the flank of a Dwarven gun line... back in 6th edition... and watch it break and overrun unit after unit, concluding there weren't enough turns left in the game for it to wipe out the whole army.
It was the opponent I struggled most to defeat, but not that game :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Brilliant Daeron! The old classic Cold One Knight with Hydra Banner combo? God that was brilliant when it worked and you had it come in on the flank to steamroller the entire enemy line; especially in 6th ed, that was a VERY satisfying feeling!

I think one of my best gaming feelings ever was when I took on 3 opponents (I took 6k and they each had 2k with 3 different races) and at one point knew I was up the creek without a paddle as a 7th Edition Bloodthirster (before our 7th ed book came out!) charged into the flank of my Black Guard with the Level 4 hiding in there with an clear overrun into my Knight / BSB unit. My Blackguard champ then steps up, knocks 3 wounds off the thirster (who fluffs his attacks) and then pops the bugger through combat resolution! :twisted:

Another Bloodthirster incident was at the Throne of Skulls in Warhammer world, my dragon riding lord and faithful steed end up locked in combat with the Thirster who charges them. Both of my guys have 1 wound remaining when this happens and I'm bricking it - the loss of them would hand him the game. My pair then grind the thirster out over 4 rounds and win the game in the final combat of the game! I couldn't help to shout VERY LOUDLY (so that almost every head in the entire hall turned to stare!) "OH HELL YES, GET IN !!!!" :D
InstantKarma
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by InstantKarma »

While this is a 40k story, it is relevant :P

Buddy brings unit of 10 Khorne Berzerks, mounts them into Land Raider. Price? About 350+ (Landraider was at least 230) pts.

Me. Bring Hammerhead Gunship with Longstrike. Price? 190 pts.

Look on friends face when Longstrike blows up said Land Raider and takes 3 Khorne Berzerkers out in one shot on the first turn of the game? Priceless :mrgreen:

Makes me appreciate all these stories I read about Cannons in Fantasy.
Elodin
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Elodin »

Dangerous Beans wrote:Well, there was me expecting something along the lines of: marriage, graduating, going skydiving, losing your virginity, eating an ENORMOUS cake but nope... Gotta admit it - this thing tops em all Jyrik hahaha!!! :D

I've done at least three of the above and I can safely say two of them are about on part with Jyrik's deed.
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

With the new word of pain hex, hexing units like minotaurs or other str5 units rolling 3 on the d3 and watching the face of your opponent as he's wounding your elves on a 5+.

Having 10 executioners fighting 10 swordmasters and enjoying your full perk line while the HE scum has nothing bar normal I striking.

Getting the death spell "The Purple Sun Of Xerues" when facing an ogre player and they only have a level 2 firebelly.

Watching an Ironblaster shoot itself (happened for me, funniest thing ever except for the guy who's losing 175 points in a 1200 for shooting it turn 1)