Avoid total wargamer

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Karond
Dark Rider

Avoid total wargamer

Post by Karond »

Just had a horrible experience with totalwargamer which means no models for Xmas. I will post more details of the customer service when I get on my laptop.

Can anyone recommend an alternative online retailer that sells gw stuff at a good discount?
"The call for blood can only be answered in sundered flesh"
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Avoid total wargamer

Post by Gidean »

Karond wrote:Just had a horrible experience with totalwargamer which means no models for Xmas. I will post more details of the customer service when I get on my laptop.

Can anyone recommend an alternative online retailer that sells gw stuff at a good discount?

The Warstore if you live in the USA.

http://www.thewarstore.com/

But you have to phone in your GW orders as they don't post a purchase link for that line due to GW's online sales policies. Their service is quick and reliable and I think the discount averages about 20%?
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

Gidean wrote:
Karond wrote:Just had a horrible experience with totalwargamer which means no models for Xmas. I will post more details of the customer service when I get on my laptop.

The Warstore if you live in the USA.

http://www.thewarstore.com/

But you have to phone in your GW orders as they don't post a purchase link for that line due to GW's online sales policies. Their service is quick and reliable and I think the discount averages about 20%?

I second TheWarStore. I've ordered from them off and on for about a decade when I don't have a FLGS to support (I move a lot because I'm in the military so sometimes I'm not around a store). Never had an issue with them. They're always super friendly ship quickly, and have great prices.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

TWG are pretty awful, I have a friend who ordered a bunch of stuff in April and has still to date only gotten about half of it, he's written to them about 4 times and always recieved messages back saying things like "Oh we are really sorry we will make sure someone personally oversees the delivery of your items"

Don't do it :p I don't have any recommendations though, I buy all of my stuff from my local store but only because I'm friends with the manager and I am "Inner circle" and get perks for supporting the store as opposed to buying models at this other hobby place a 5 min walk away which sells stuff about 5% cheaper. But then they make you pay to play on tables which GW doesn't so.... yeah they deserve my support not the other place.
Karond
Dark Rider

Post by Karond »

Sadly I'm in the UK so can't use that recommendation. Anyone know any good ones in England?
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

Depending on where you are I could make some reccommendations but like only if you were London.
Karond
Dark Rider

Post by Karond »

Derby way these days
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

Darn well there's two stores in London, general hobby stores got a lot of nice stuff but don't like they make you pay to play there, they sell gw stuff cheaper and whatever they don't have they can order it for you. The only downside is not being GW they don't get all the cool unique boxes or if they do only like 2. But my manager has expressly said that he's willing to return the favours for the higher price he has to charge in free tables, frequent help, various frequent campaigns etc.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

I've used Element games, no problems so far
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

I don't know about Derby, but Tabletop Tyrant in Leicester isn't that far from you
Vargna
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vargna »

I've had terrible experiences from twg in the past too - though it may be too late now I'd recommend Triple Helix Wargames; they usually have 20-25% off and postage tends to be cheaper than wayland or twg.
gerryb56
Trainee Warrior

Post by gerryb56 »

Element are excellent both by mail and instore