Finding a new gaming group

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Red...
Generalissimo

Finding a new gaming group

Post by Red... »

Hey there,

Well, it's been a crazy busy year: between university teaching, finishing my Ph.D., moving from England to the United States, and finding an academic job here, I've hardly had time to breathe.

Anyway, most of the above is now sorted, and I'm looking to get back into more enjoyable pursuits, such as miniature gaming and board gaming. On that topic, I have two questions, one general and one more specific:

- Any advice on finding a gaming group in a new area? How do you identify a good group? How to approach them? Any other tips?
- I'm going to be based in Westminster, Maryland from August for a year (it's around 30 minutes drive northwest of Baltimore). Does anyone know any good groups (ideally for adults, as I'm 31) in that area that I might be able to approach? I have quite models for quite a few gaming systems (40k, fantasy, warmachine, infinity, and malifaux, and a willingness to invest in others) and am always up for a good board game too...

Many thanks :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman