Toxic Broadhead, definitly Druchii Looking!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Toxic Broadhead, definitly Druchii Looking!

Post by Saintofm »

Here is the Toxic Broadhead by Flying Arrow Archery.

http://flyingarrowarcheryusa.com/

The Term Broadhead is a arrowhead made for war and hunting and I hate to be on the buisness end of this. The video I found this on was on a crossbow so this, along with the look, got me thinking druchii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGnegc ... L&index=35

The Toxic is a 100 grain (if someone knows what the measurments mean in laymens terms that be great), with 3 beveled curved blades. They are beveled on the inner circle, and they are made to be flexiible enough to open up as they pass through tissue.

They are screw on and replaceable, so I'm thinking if used in a fantasy story, why not have them in metal castings.

Ironicly the blades are not very sharp and difficult to sharpen, but the guy on the video thought this might help cause dammage.

Flight: Very Good Grouping.

Plywood Test: No problem going through half Inch Plywood

Hide into Ballistic Jell (it looked like a thick thick leather tarp over a foot of Balistics jell) made it throught the leather and mostly through the jell with no deviation of direction, and the blades made ribbons in it.

With bots bolts and arrows, your job is to stop oxigen from getting into the brain and killing the animal as fast as posible. THis is mostly to keep from tracking the dying animal afterwords, but I think a quick kill is a merciful one. This one definitly lives up to that.

How this applies to our army: The cool factor. Its fantays, I can take as much deviation as I want and this thing is both effective and looks intimidating.

I doubt dark elves would be that merciful in design but the intimidation factor of having to pull one of these out has to be a nightmare. That future slave is being throne to to the alters in a heartbeat.

Any thoughts?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Toxic Broadhead, definitly Druchii Looking!

Post by direweasel »

That thing is badass. It hurts to look at :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

direweasel wrote:That thing is badass. It hurts to look at :)

Indeed :P

Would make a mess of whatever it hit !eek!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Oh, that it does. In the hide test, it made the biohazard sign looking entry wound on the leather, then made a strip of jelatin as it entered the balistic jell. Yeah, you aint getting survivors with this thing.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Maybe this is what Waywatchers use? :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Lol....I will admit i like the look of this arrow, but for terms of actual use in combat this arrow head is highly impractacal.
The reason why most arrow heads are leaf shaped is because leave shaped arrows have a better chance of getting past the rib-case...and that is where all the vulnerable organs are.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]