Dear Druchii.net, Will You Have me Back?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

MangoPunch
Noble

Dear Druchii.net, Will You Have me Back?

Post by MangoPunch »

It’s been a long time since we’ve talked. I haven’t posted on here or been at the Warhammer tables since last summer, months and months too long. A lot has happened since we’ve last talked. As summer began I had weddings to attend (including my brother’s), we spent a few weekends cleaning and fixing up my wife’s late grandparents’ home, and I spent some time with my dogs trying to make friends with turtles in Morningside park.

Most of my free time I spent playing magic cards, where I finally put together an actual competitive deck, and got a little into drafting and starting to slowly acquire modern cards. I spent some time watching anime and fantasizing about a custom executioner unit with swords modeled off of Bleach Zanpakuto. Always in the back of my mind was the Warhammer itch, but for months the only painting I managed to get done was our new apartment, with my helper Beans.

Once you’ve fallen out of the groove, Warhammer is a pretty intimidating hobby to get back into. It takes a lot of time, and at least for me, it always feels like there is so much more to do. And when you are living in an apartment in NYC it’s not very convenient to break out your paints and figures for an hour here or there. Finally I decided enough is enough. My army isn’t going to paint itself and Malekith needs all the generals he can get. Yesterday I broke back out the paints and finished the hero on dark Pegasus I had started months ago.

Druchii.net, will you have me back? I’ve missed you.
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Dear Druchii.net, Will You Have me Back?

Post by Calisson »

Hey, hey, hey! Nice to see you back! :D
Roleplaying takes less time than painting and playing, just in case...
Here is Harkyl last action: Group 42 - Prologue: Mysteries of the coast
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I'm going to have to look on my list and see if you've been naughty or nice...

...but sure, why not? ;)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Good to see you and your awesome creations back in the Druchii-verse 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Welcome back. You are certainly not alone in taking time out of the hobby and finding it hard to jump back in.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Of course we will welcome you back! There are so many campaigns someone should lead - an expedition deep in the Chaos Wastes, seeking ancient tomes in the deserts of Araby, holding off a large Skaven invasion till the other generals finish their wine can come in full strength and attack them from the flanks, guarding in the mountains just in case someone would try to attack through them... We will be more than happy to assign you to such boring or suicidal (or both) vital and glorious missions!

As for the roleplaying forum, you can surely go back. You know, I was not lazy to put the next big mod post online, I was actually expecting you to return! :D