Theoryhammer - Average values and binomial distribution

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Theoryhammer - Average values and binomial distribution

Post by Daeron »

In an attempt to make discussion on theory hammers a little more attractive, I'm trying a different format: video!
It's my first explanation vid so I hope to improve my speech and quality over time, but as it's short, I hope you can bear with me :)

I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Theoryhammer - Average values and binomial distribution

Post by Lord Drakon »

Much more attractive I might say!

I am looking forward to your first game, I really liked how you combined the statistics with actual models & dice and would be a nice unseen combination for games and army discussion. Keep up the good work.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Very nice video. But honestly, you need to play more yahtzee to improve rolling 3+s on your uniform random variables :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice video.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Adding something a touch more serious that I've seen on occasion, especially when dealing with the expectation of average values, is gambler's fallacy. It can lead to sloppy thinking after a series of 'bad' rolls that you are now home free with your average-correcting high rolls coming up.