Warhost of Naggaroth sold out

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Warhost of Naggaroth sold out

Post by Daeron »

Hm! The box is sold out on the site. I still know a few shops that have it, but it's interesting that they're not restocking it. Note the difference with Morathi which is labeled "temporarily out of stock".
Yet the individual units are still available, with all plastics being widely available and finecast being web only.

Perhaps it is a sign of new, repackaged sets coming in the future.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Phox532
Executioner

Re: Warhost of Naggaroth sold out

Post by Phox532 »

Yea, I saw that too, I hope it does mean they are putting out a new box, but I'd also like to see them add some models.
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

My guess is that they'll make a new box set or two, with round bases. And I'm guessing it will be composed differently.
Whether or not we'll get new models is hard to guess. I still feel a little spoiled from 8th edition, with 7 new kits giving us new models for 14 units. There is little left to upgrade. Shades and Bolt Throwers got left out, but they don't exactly sell in high numbers so the incentive would be low. COKs still look "good", and Corsairs are okay.
My guess is, if they are going to make a new kit, it might fit Corsairs and Shades. Perhaps a new naval theme or raiding type army? One that strikes from the Shadows?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Be interesting to see where the new Exiles go!

There are plenty of hero/lord options they could come up with like peg master!
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

I'd like to see a peg master, or possibly master with banner on foot model.
Phox Jorkarzul
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Does it really matter if they come up with a new one? I thought the box sets didn't offer a price saving, or were these ones different?

Poor old peg leg, we barely knew ye.

EDIT: Morathi still available on the GW site in the US.

EDIT2: I can't find the link but there was a rumour on another site that Aelfs style would be a merger more of high and wood elves with little influence from dark elves.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

How Aelves will evolve is a mystery if you ask me. But this box set did offer a price reduction over the individual boxes.

- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Definitely interested in how the Aelfs will evolve. I have a feeling they will be bigger and potentially more Eldar Aspectlike.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

If it follows the usual trend, they'll release the new box set with less minis, each of which is bigger and on a round base, for a higher price tag.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

As far as I can tell, the only 'trend' in GW pricing is that it makes less and less sense every time I look at it. I mean, prices going up more-or-less uniformly makes perfect sense to me. But there are things on the GW webstore that are (IIRC) the same price as they were a decade ago, and other things that have doubled or tripled in price despite going from metal to plastic. It's just nuts.

Plastic witch elves are (again IIRC) almost twice the price the metal ones went for a decade ago. Yet the plastic daemonettes are actually cheaper per model than the metal daemonettes back then.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.