Any Photoshopper out there? Wanting to mae some cards.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

Any Photoshopper out there? Wanting to mae some cards.

Post by Phox532 »

Any out there that Photoshops? I have been playing with the idea of trying to create some War Scroll cards. I have always done this for D&D and have a program that can do it. But so far am I can find war scroll creator or a PS template for War scrolls. I could simple print the war scrolls them selves on card, but I want something with a bit more flair. I'm not a pro photoshopper, but I was wondering if there anyone here that has done this at all or had some links to making war Scrolls in card form.
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Any Photoshopper out there? Wanting to mae some cards.

Post by Daeron »

I'm not a pro but I did design a template, once, to make fancier scrolls for Dark Elves.
But the project didn't get completed, so this is an unfinished work in progress. In particular the lines and borders need some work.

I was planning on improving the line works and considering redoing the stat chart to make it sharper and more styled to Exiles.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Looks nice so far, but it needs more runes. You've got the Drukh-Eltharin rune font I created way back in the Paleolithic, I assume? If not, I can send it over. Also, I kinda feel the unit name should be in the Druchii.net title/banner font (called MA_Bastarda; I didn't create that one).
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Shadowspite wrote:You've got the Drukh-Eltharin rune font I created way back in the Paleolithic, I assume?
Still there: http://druchii.net/initiatives/monthly/ ... an04_2.pdf
Now, we moved to computer age since.
Attachments
qwerty.jpg
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

That looks cool, I like it a lot.

I was thinking about a 6X4 card. I have started work on it. But my attempts seem fruitless.
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Thanks for the feedback. As for the details:
- The Drukh-Eltharin font was used to generate the runes on the background. It doesn't show so well because of the size reduction and because the background needs a few highlights and shades to accentuate it (and give more of a scroll look)
- It has as many details as the fancy scrolls produced by GW.
- The font used for the titles, text, etc is a very close match to the font used by GW.
I didn't use the picture of models, but perhaps I should. I bet with some more text, the stats and an actual picture of models it would resemble the scrolls as GW makes them.
If I change the template, I would focus on making it resemble the real ones with only a few accents of difference.

That said, there's no reason we can not make a new template that is completely unique and more Druchii like. We could use the old army book pages for inspiration, for example. That seems like a style that might appeal many and would invite the use of runes and skulls a lot more.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Phox532 wrote:I was thinking about a 6X4 card. I have started work on it. But my attempts seem fruitless.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like a card you can hold in your hand?

- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I'd be happy to help, but a bit flat out at the moment.

You could use photos of the actual models like in the avatar pics I made a while back.

I have also been on the look out for a place to get the illustrations (high res) for that Invasion card game they have! There are some sweet images there - all the ones I have found to date are to low res.
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Daeron wrote:
Phox532 wrote:I was thinking about a 6X4 card. I have started work on it. But my attempts seem fruitless.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like a card you can hold in your hand?

Yea I was thinking like some real cards. I have always like the feeling of something real vs digital, and while a PDF book could be alright, I think I'd much rather have some hard cards. I know that MTG released some 6X4 cards a couple years ago that is why I was thinking that.

@Cult I'm in no rush, but any help would be great. I've seen the WarHammer Invasion cards and they look amazing, if there was a way to scale a war scroll about of info on to one, I'll do it. What I really like about the, is the lay out.
Phox Jorkarzul
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Daeron wrote:- The Drukh-Eltharin font was used to generate the runes on the background. It doesn't show so well because of the size reduction and because the background needs a few highlights and shades to accentuate it (and give more of a scroll look)

I didn't see runes at all on my laptop. Now I'm using something with a decent sized monitor, I can just about make out that they're there.

That said, there's no reason we can not make a new template that is completely unique and more Druchii like.

That gets my vote. I don't see the point in just replicating the official GW scrolls, to be honest.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.