Topic of the Week - Your last goals for 2015

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Topic of the Week - Your last goals for 2015

Post by Daeron »

Greetings Tyrants!

With only two and a half months left in 2015, it is perhaps a good time to review our "TODO" list. Undoubtedly, this list has been shaken a bit throughout the year, but there are perhaps a few goals you'd like to see completed before the year is done.
Did you get to complete that army you wanted to paint, or do you still plan to finish it? Are you happy with your hobby results of 2015? Is there a last defiant push in the hobby department that you wish to make, before the year is over?
Or do you have a goal in terms of gaming?

With only a few weeks left, let us know what you'll be trying to finish, frantically perhaps, before 2016 begins.
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Re: Topic of the Week - Your last goals for 2015

Post by Malys the younger »

I think my goal for the rest of the year is completing my Regiment of Renown and anything beyond that is a bonus. It’s not much and I’ve already started but I’m looking at 3 Witch Elves, 3 metal Corsairs, and 2 Darkshards. Honestly the Corsairs are what’s sapping my motivation; it’s something about their cloaks. I have a four day weekend for Thanksgiving coming up as well as two weeks of leave for Christmas so I think I will be able to accomplish that too easy. Assuming I finish those my next goal will be to finish my five Cold Ones for my already painted knights.

I would say that I’m happy overall with my hobby results this year. The painting muse was with me so I got a lot more painting done than I normally do and I plan to ride this motivational wave as long as I can. Starting a small Beastmen force helps to pass the time as well. I’ve made some additions to my army, like a black dragon, Malekith on foot conversion, and 21 man Blackguard that really have my interest right now so I don’t see my Dark Elves collecting dust any time soon.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

30 Bleakswords and a peg sorceress to do and aiming for before christmas but with a house move impending I'm not dure what will be achievable. I haven't even made the sorceress yet but I've got various bitz inbound and plenty of green stuff! I intend to play 8th/9th Age wherever possible and AoS if neccessary so its worth painting up the bleakswords, hopefully there will be 8/9th enthusiasts in my new area (Bedfordshire UK if anyone lives round there...). Also I can probably proxy them for spearmen in KoW as I enjoy that excellent game too.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I'm a bit behind this year - I was hoping to have my Karond Kar army finished for Armies on Parade next week but I have fallen short and do not think I will be entering. My main goal at the moment is to finish the Corsair ship I have been working on and hopefully the remaining units in the army.

I'm looking forward to next year and sinking my teeth into a new large scale project - thinking of a Slaanesh theme.
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

My goal is to complete painting my Dark Elves BloodBowl team in time for Luccini World Cup III to be held next Nov. 6-7-8 in Lucca, Italy
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

My realistic goal is to learn about the aelf Exiles, pending their release of course.
Extra would be either to resume painting, or better to resume playing a game (undecided for AoS or 9th).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I'd like to get some photo editing software on this new PC I have so I can go back to updating my PLOG. Painting wise, I have a few minis to work on for my current Pathfinder game, and then I have a Chaos Blood Bowl Team assembled that I'd like to get started on.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I see some very ambitious goals here! Nice!
I hope to finish my Blood Warriors from the Goretide and read the realmgate books of AoS.
Those should be done before the festivities of december kick in.

My next project will either be to finish some dark elves or assembling a 4 female hero squad for HeroQuest.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

assembling a 4 female hero squad for HeroQuest.

+1 Do you still play the old game?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I played it only once this year. I was kind of dreaming to rebuild the game from scratch, starting with the models so that I could keep the original ones intact/unpainted. But I'll do it one step at a time, beginning with the 4 heroes. Since I was redoing them I thought I might as well make them female, to add some welcome variety.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I was looking forward to the 25th Anniversary edition Gamezone were bringing out but it looks like they hit a few snags with the IP. Shame what they had developed was looking really good.

I have customised the game myself with new hero/monster cards and a whole pile of bits and pieces. I thought it would be really cool to create my own version one day (I have a rather cool concept I thought that would be good)
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

I've got an Armies On Parade board to finish (a couple of Warlocks away from done), but after that, it's finishing a unit of the old metal Executioners (they're done to a tournament-legal standard, but I want them to look good), and hopefully getting a game or two of 8th edition or Age of Sigmar. Funny how the goals become lower once you have kids...

I'm working on some AoS fluff for my Dark Elves, so hopefully I can get a story put together for the boards before Christmas rolls around. I've kitbashed models for Torhan and Malendris, which need painting, but I think they should stay where I left them (story-wise) until they're painted.

I've also got a tower to put together, but that can wait until I've got the time to put together the surrounding scenery.

------

EDIT: Having seen CultofKhaine's AOD board... I am fighting the urge to stop trying, because I am positive that I will never be able to pull off anything that good. Seriously, if you haven't looked at it yet, do so. It's incredible.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I am fighting the urge to stop trying,

Don't give up Haagrum - I'd love to see some photos of your board once it's done. I am quite depressed at the moment, did not get to finish my board for this year - oh well it will be extra special next year.
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

My short term goal is going to get my Dark Riders and Dark shards done. Before the year ends I want to get my CoB, another set of Exe's, 10 more Dark Shards, and 10 bleak swords. Here is hoping that I can get it all done.
Phox Jorkarzul
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Cultofkhaine wrote:
I am fighting the urge to stop trying,

Don't give up Haagrum - I'd love to see some photos of your board once it's done. I am quite depressed at the moment, did not get to finish my board for this year - oh well it will be extra special next year.

Thanks for the push. I managed to get it into the local store competition and placed 3rd, which was a nice reward for the effort. It's nothing flash, but it tells a story. I probably should have put a large model into it, though (other than the scenery pieces, I mean). 'll add some pics later, once I've got the thing assembled again at home.

I know it's 12 months away, but already I can't wait to see next year's effort, CultofKhaine!
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I know it's 12 months away, but already I can't wait to see next year's effort, CultofKhaine!

Thanks Haagrum - yeas another 12 months and I should be able to make something extra special.

It was quite depressing this year, I entered a token board with some bits and pieces and did not place (got beaten by my teenage son - he got a silver for his night goblin board - taught him everything he knows :D )

I am looking forward to pushing the boundaries of what I can do with this board now that the pressure of a deadline is of - hopefully something along the lines of my last DE board where all the bits are moulded into the board.