The Druchii TOOLS - The Comp Comparator (Updated 26/04)

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

The Druchii TOOLS - The Comp Comparator (Updated 26/04)

Post by Daeron »

Greetings Tyrants!

We are proud to accounce a new section on the website:

The Dnet Tools

The Dnet Tools will host web based tools designed around game mechanics and theorycrafting. We start our collection with three combat calculators :
  • AoS Combat Calculator - A simple tool, for now, designed to let you evaluate a unit's performance, or a single type of attack.
  • 9th Age Combat Calculator - Also a simple tool for now, designed to let you evaluate a unit's performance, or a single type of attack.
  • Generic Combat Calculator - A generic calculator that uses a chance of success instead of game mechanics, to test and evaluate mechanics that are not yet supported by the above tools.
Each of these tools provide links back to the pages with your input for easy reference, and the links to the images can be hotlinked in your topic, blog, or whatever discussion you are having.

We hope to get regular updates going on the tools these coming months. Already we're working a rules engine to include special abilities in our statistics.
Through the forum, we'll provide support for any errors you may encounter or features you request.

Well that's all there is to say for now! You're kindly invited to click one of the calculators and starting clicking your way to victory.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Introducing the Druchii TOOLS!

Post by Lord Drakon »

Wow, great work! I used your other Warhammer calculator in preparation of every battle ;)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

You have already had my challenge and met it brilliantly. :D
Good to see them up and running.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I discovered a bug in the AoS tool, which prohibits the dice from changing for wound and save rolls. Will fix it tonight.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Fixed.

Meanwhile, re-rolls are being implemented. I hope to have them in the calculators next week after a few days of testing.

- The stiff breeze
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

cheers amigo
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The tools have been updated to include re-rolls to Hit, Wound, Save and Ward save. Hit rolls, for the 9th age calculator, now go up to 9+.
And there have been a few tweaks in stability and code optimisation which should yield slightly better load times.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The tools have been updated:
- A bug that forgot the re-roll modifiers has been resolved
- There is a visual cue on all re-roll modifiers when they are active.
- The 9th Age Calculator now includes Poison, Lethal Strike and Holy Attack special rules
- "Damage" and "Wounds" for the 9th age calculator have been renamed to "Multiple wounds" and "Target wounds" respectively.

- The stiff breeze
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Daeron wrote:The tools have been updated:
- A bug that forgot the re-roll modifiers has been resolved
- There is a visual cue on all re-roll modifiers when they are active.
- The 9th Age Calculator now includes Poison, Lethal Strike and Holy Attack special rules
- "Damage" and "Wounds" for the 9th age calculator have been renamed to "Multiple wounds" and "Target wounds" respectively.

Thanks! You have the honour to be announced as the 9th main combat calculator (producer). Its great to see Druchii.net (also Rowena!) including lots of familiar names posting there.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Thanks Drakon. And yes, there are a few names popping up there, which is great. I hope 9th Age may bring back some old timers to Dnet as well :P

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The tools have been updated. Along with a few minor improvements, which should reduce the bandwidth (faster loading times), you can now customise your report! You can choose to get the individual scores only, or the summary, or one of the new reports that gives you the odds to score "at least this many kills" or "at most that many kills".

Included in this update is the option to choose a colour theme of your preference. Currently only 3 themes are offered, which admitted aren't all that different. However, the system can easily be extended. If you want your personal, customised style for your own community, let me know what you need and I'll try to include it in the options.

Enjoy.

- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice update. Work is appreciated.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

A tiny update. Based on a request, I added a new report type which gives:
- The average value or mean
- The variance
- The standard deviation
- The 3 sigma, 2 sigma and 1 sigma intervals.

- The stiff breeze
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Last update providing the cumulative distribution is very nice and useful, thanks for sharing your work.

There is definitely a benefit to your streamlined input options, however would you consider being able to configure the input as well? Say adding things like, to hit, to wound, poison, killing blow, armor save, regen, ward and so on :)

EDIT: oops you already did that, I only looked at the generic calculator. Very nice!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

A quick question.. Would it be desirable to have a calculator like this for 6th, 7th and/or 8th ed of Warhammer?

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

​It took an embarrassingly long time to update it, but it's done. You can now press "alt" and click on the dice to go down and click to go up.
I also added an 8th ed Calculator for comparisons.

Meanwhile I have begun development on using multiple profiles in a single calculation.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Fellow Tyrants... It is with some pride that I announce a major update to the Druchii.net Tools. In this new version we offer a new generation of Combat Calculators for all supported platforms: Age of Sigmar, 9th Age, Warhammer Fantasy Battles and... a generic calculator that supports all these platforms simultaneously.

In this new generation of calculators, and.. by all means.. check them out, you will find that you can add multiple combat profiles in the same calculator. We permit all calculators to add a generic form for good measure, in case we missed support for a special rule. At long last we can compute mixed profiles, such as the combined attack power of our beloved Cold One Knights, or the mixed attack of a Dreadlord and his or her Dragon.

Enjoy!

The Druchii Tools

And with this we announce also the retirement of the old calculators. They have served us well! But since their features are matched by the newer generation, we'll be phasing them out over time. There is no need to worry about broken links. All your graphical output remains entirely untouched by this change. All links will remain valid.
But in a month's time, the old calculators will be losing their "link to this page" feature. Instead they'll get a link "convert this to the new calculators". Later, when we notice their use dropped in our site statistics, we'll offer a redirection service where any link to the old calculators will automatically redirect you to the new generation of calculators with all your parameters transferred safely in the new calculator.

- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: The Druchii TOOLS! (updated 9/2)

Post by Amboadine »

Your work is very much appreciated.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

this is great ronny, thanks
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I made a quick presentation of the tools on YouTube. I hope it's clear enough, in spite of the messy intro ;)

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Another update with a requested feature. A form was added for automatic wounds (or mortal wounds in AoS). Optionally a chance for this to occur can be given.

- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: The Druchii TOOLS! (updated 15/3)

Post by Amboadine »

Nice addition. Your ongoing support is much appreciated.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The Druchii TOOLS! (updated 15/3)

Post by Daeron »

Update!

Added a Dice Roller, just for fun. And started phasing out the simple calculators.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The Druchii TOOLS! (updated 20/04)

Post by Daeron »

Announcing a new tool... one that's been a while in the making. The AoS Comp Comparator!

The initial version just offers the groundwork. Future releases will include more automated statistical analysis, I hope. Enjoy!

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The Druchii TOOLS - The Comp Comparator (Updated 26/04)

Post by Daeron »

And I've sent the (link to the) tool to the GW Brussels. They've been curious to get some feedback on their local comp system. I'll discuss with them if we should notify GW of this initiative.. you know.. well, rather, you never know ;)

So far, one requested feature is to add 8th ed points as a comp system, for comparison sake. If you'd like to see another feature added, let me know.

- The stiff breeze