Black Friday deals

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Black Friday deals

Post by Daeron »

So GW is doing a sales on big bundles. With a discount. Interesting!

Reddit already worked out the benefit for 40K bundles.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/c ... y_what_of/

I'll plough my way through some of the fantasy ones.

Merciless Host
60 WE's, 1 CoB, 1 Sorceress
Full price: 341,5 euros
Sales price: 285 euros
Discount: 56.5 euros or 16.5%

Brass Stampede
18 Skullcrushers, 1 Lord on Juggy
Full price: 273 euros
Sales price: 225 euros
Discount: 48 euros or 17.5%

The bloodhunt
30 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers, 1 Khorne Bloodthirster, 10 Flesh Hounds
Full price: 281
Sales price: 230
Discount: 51 euros or 18.15%

Grand Army of Nagash
1 Nagash, 1 Arkhan, 1 Mannfred, 1 Neferata, 1 Mortis Engine/Coven Throne, 1 Wight King, 1 Banshee, 1 Necromancer, 10 Tomb Guard, 16 Tomb Kings Skeletons, 20 Crypt Ghouls, 15 Black Knights/Hex Wraiths, 3 Vampire Counts Vargheists/Crypt Horrors, 20 Zombies, 20 Grave Guard, 20 Vampire Counts Skeletons and 1 Terrorgheist.
Full price: an arm and a leg
Sales price: a kidney
Discount: 2 members or 70% invalidity.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Jolemai
Executioner

Re: Black Friday deals

Post by Jolemai »

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that GW are doing this and for those interested or for those who can only shop via through GW it's really great for them.

That said, I can get the Merciless Host for £198 excluding postage from an independent retailer on a regular day ... :roll:
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It's possible to get better discounts, yes. From what I gather, it should be possible to order these through retailers as well. I'm not sure, but that's what I heard.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Of the bundles, I only really like the wood elf one since it seems like the only one that looks like you have an '8th edition' style army out of it. Still kinda expensive $575. 60 witch elves? I just don't get it.

EDIT: I suppose 60 witch elves works in AoS, doesn't seem like much fun to plop down 60 models of the same type though.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I have no idea if it would work in AoS. I never tried. But thinking of it, two units of 30 with a COB in the middle might work. You can only empower a single one at a time though.
I admitt.. I'd be tempted to try two hordes of Witch Elves in 8th and 9th too :P
But the kit isn't for me. I already have 2 COBs and 30 Witches.

- The stiff breeze