I have a Dark Elf problem D:

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

I have a Dark Elf problem D:

Post by Daeron »

So what's on your desk, waiting to be painted forever?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Re: I have a Dark Elf problem D:

Post by Malys the younger »

The plastic witch elves. I was very excited to put them together but it wasn't until I started to paint them that I realized the hair was a huge pain to paint and I couldn't exactly find the flesh color that I wanted. I think I have the skin tone down, but I don't want to paint it on yet until the hair is done because black paint just gets EVERYWHERE...ugh.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

D I can totally relate to this problem. I have enough miniatures to last me a life time and I still don't think I will get paint on them all. My worst problem was I kept buying new units on ebay until I realised just how much I had accumulated. Now I strictly only by paints etc

I have found the easiest way to paint such a huge number of models is to break them down into small armies or projects. If you look at them as one big force it's to depressing (unless they have paint on them of course) :D

So it's time for you to ramp up your contribution to the monthly painting challenge - I expect to see at least 100pts from you each month. :P

Right now I am working on finishing my 3000pts Corsair Army. Once that is done I plan to work on Ghrond army with a Slaanesh theme (already primed black and ready to go - just no paint on them yet)

Keep it up this is the fun part of the hobby IMO.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

It gives me some comfort that others have tiny painting problems. Unfortunately I looked at my unfinished minarutes crates :o_O:
Also known as Kanadian
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

I wish it were just a DE problem. I also have a goblin problem and a whole ton of 40k stuff unpainted.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Cultofkhaine wrote:So it's time for you to ramp up your contribution to the monthly painting challenge - I expect to see at least 100pts from you each month. :P

I'm not sure I want to boil it down to points, but I'll definitely try to keep working on some DE models all the time. I try to keep 2 projects running at a time, to have some variety and to be able to switch when I tire of one. One of those projects must be my dark elves, at all times ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I wish it were just a DE problem. I also have a goblin problem and a whole ton of 40k stuff unpainted.

I have another 15000pts High Elves, the only model I have painted is Teclis - one day I hope to setup a board and title it Civil War.

I will turn to the good side once the dark side is done :D
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Yeah I have tons and tons of minis that have sat unopened in their blisters for 20+ years. It's good to know I'm not alone.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360