Shadowkin might be next

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Shadowkin might be next

Post by Daeron »

The official warhammer community, https://www.warhammer-community.com/ has its own rumour mill thread... probably trying to beat other websites that thrive on rumours to the punch ;)

The two last posts seem to be about the same topic:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... mber-14th/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ember-7th/

A hotlink to the pictures:

The design does seem to hint at Elves. People are putting their bets on it anyway.

One of the hosts from Warhammer Weekly, Tom, might have guessed so much right he provoked a response from one of the warhammer community people.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Warhamm ... 3857447548

A quick transcript:
Thomas - "Calling it now: Death aligned Shadowkin under the leadership of Morathi."
not-an-employee - "Close"
Thomas - "Not death or not Morathi? ;-) "
not-an-employee - "Wait and see my good sir. :)"
Thomas - "I'm calling it as being not Morathi (but Malerion). The purple is the same purple of the priests of Morr and the like.
(presumably Thomas) - " ... all-costs turn towards Death (manipulation of Death Magic). They would likely have an affinity for ethereal undead, which has a close tie with Shadow (Malerion's home and power source).
Functionally, this would expand Death (much needed) and give them 'Living allies' that breaks up the Nagash unified dominance of the faction. I like it."

not-an-employee - "Malerion is the god of Shysh or Shadow (hope I spelled that right!). Morathi has been indisposed for a while... A Godess now... And... Well who would hook up with a lady like that? ;) "

Thomas - "Unless it is a Chaos algined (Slaanesh-oriented) subfaction under Morathi..."
Thomas - "(For the record, Malerion is the God of Uglu, the plane of Shadow. Shyish is DEath under Nagash's reign)"
not-an-employee - "I can't say any more... Apart from... Have a good look at the Mist Weaver from Silver Tower. :D "
Andrew - "
(not sure the image will link)
not-an-employee - "Yes.. ;) "
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Shadowkin might be next

Post by Daeron »

So, I think this confirms Morathi isn't gone from the story, and might even be expanded on at some point. I wouldn't even be surprised if she replaces Slaneesh. The theory that she was an embodiment of Slaneesh has been floating around since the End Times. Perhaps it's more founded than I thought.

But the upcoming release might be a different aspect of the Elves, probably Death Elves or Shadow Elves.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Ohhh... I should add some new info. Apparently it's not an official employee of GW. It's a not-an-employee. Edited first post accordingly.

- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Would Morathi have eaten Slaanesh and not the other way around?!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Calisson wrote:Would Morathi have eaten Slaanesh and not the other way around?!

That seems unlikely. But Malerion, Tyrion and Teclis supposedly managed to isolate the 'incarnated' part of Slaanesh (the bit that has a sort of discernible personality and a distinct form) from the roiling vortex of raw psychic energy that is a Chaos Power's 'true nature' and imprison it somewhere. Morathi could conceivably have jumped in and become the new 'incarnate' of Slaanesh's power (its new 'guiding intelligence').

A bit like in TES IV: Oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion where the player becomes the new Sheogorath by inheriting his Realm once the walking-around-talking part of the god is... inconvenienced.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

Im not really excited because the aesthetic of AoS has been quite meh.
So this elf release could be good or it could be bad. ...depends how elder they look.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

The_Peacemaker wrote:the aesthetic of AoS has been quite meh.

Cue the well-known Lebowski quote on subjectivity of opinions. ;)

Personally, I mostly like the AoS aesthetic. My only gripe is GW's continued insistance on making 99% of their models obviously male even when their own damn fluff makes clear there are lots of female Stormcast, Chaos marauders, treelords, tree-revenants, ghouls, etc. But that's a general GW annoyance, not specifically an AoS one.

I expect the Shadowkin to look very dark eldar. You'll notice the pattern on that purple cloak is an exact match for the filligree deck-plate of the dark eldar Raider model.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.