Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
WHFB Albion Concept Artwork by Matthew Klaas de Witte (Devia 
Black Guard

Citadel of Lead

Matthew Klaas de Witte wrote:
Unofficial fan content

The hold is constructed upon the ruins of an ancient structure built by Old Ones. The demon Be'lakor, and the labour of slaves assembled the Citadel, most of which died, upon his leaving the island it came under the control of the wizard Ternoash, who visits on occasion but leaves in the hands of his many puppets. It is hidden deep in the Chaos tainted North, nigh impossible to find in the heavy mists and treacherous bogs that surround it, and even when you do find it, what will you do but despair? The walls are woven with lead, and the central tower is completely metal while twisted abominations created by the Deceiver lurch and flap between the ramparts. While the demon Be'lakor was able to garrison and arm the citadel to the brim, it is still powerful without him.

The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 pm
Black Guard

Buddug

Unofficial fan content

Buddug is the great eagle riding archer, Chief of the Toulenii.

I wanted to redesign her helmet as it is the personality of the character and I felt that the original was too generic. and I wanted to draw her for fun.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:18 pm
Black Guard

Mutant Tyrant

All chaos followers actively seek the favour of the Dark Gods, and yet they are fickle with their "blessings" coming in many awful forms, most of the time the negative outweighing the positive. Within the North of Albion the mist-laiden bogs contain secrets that should not be found and many who seek its power return forever translated into mindless mutants of a myriad of shapes.

Ternoash is a wizard of exceptional power, and such Tzeentch has granted him the gift to bestow mutations upon subjects. This is done within his massive cauldron in the central tower of the Citadel of Lead, and is one of the only "sure" ways of gaining powers via mutations. That said, perhaps asking "The Deceiver" for power by hopping into a mutagenic cauldron inside a dread citadel is not the most intelligent course of action. Very few if any return with cognitive ability above that of a simple beast, thus they become enslaved to Ternoash.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
Black Guard

Carnyx of the Gods

Unofficial fan content

The Carnyx has immense magical properties, it is as rare as it is powerful and so is the magic woven into the earth that suspends it across the field of battle. The massive instrument must be held up by arms of arcbronze laden with gold, and played by three individuals. It confers immense strength unto its allies, the mere sight of it rallies men to the most lost of causes.

I wanted to bring in a carnyx, but I didn't want it to be the same as the cornu I already depicted. So I made it really really big. But how would it be held? It would need something to hold it up. After I figured out the type of stand for it, it took me many drawings to figure out how it would be brought to the battlefield. Originally on a chariot, but I had enough of drawing them for now, and I felt that it was getting repetitive. I remembered that Karl Kopinski painting of Karl Franz fighting a giant, with the floating towers in the background and it gave me an idea to make a floating henge-hillock of sorts suspended by magic. This took about a week to properly flesh out the idea working between that and other art and fighting a cold.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:51 pm
Black Guard

This map has been shared by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl over on Lustria Online:

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl wrote:
As Matt hasn’t created any Albion artwork of late due to other projects, to keep this thread going I’ve been working on a map of Albion and the various factions on it, based upon one that @Warden made for his Dragon Isles Samurai Clans in one of his lore threads (here). I’ve included all three of the major tribes that Matt has devised, plus territory that belongs to the Truthsayers as I thought they would have the same level of power the Druids had over the actual Celtic tribes (I would say akin to that which the Pope possessed over the various countries of Medieval Europe), surviving enclaves of Fimir (as I found that some of them still live on the island), the armies of corrupted tribesmen that follow Be’lakor (which I’ve called the Hordes of Shadow or Shadow Clans) and the Norse, as they’re portrayed as controlling much of Albion in Warhammer: Total War and I thought it would provide continuity to replicate some of that.

The emblems were all borrowed from Rome: Total War, Rome II: Total War (in the case of the Truthsayers emblem) and Warhammer: Total War (the emblems for all three of the evil factions here are Norse faction emblems in the game, but I thought the green one would be good for Fimir because of the central ‘eye’ in the middle of the four Chaos spikes, and the Chaos star would be appropriate for Be’lakor’s corrupted clansmen)

I’ve decided to revise my map to acknowledge this segment of Matt’s feedback:

I’ve incorporated the Great Ogham into Boreni territory and swapped the positions of the Belenii and Toulenii around to give the Belenii access to the Tower of Llenog (which actually isn’t on this map but on a similar more detailed version is present in the region I’ve given to the Belenii, between the two lots of marshes).

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2