ASF and Hatred?

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bjuchen
Slave (off the Altar)

ASF and Hatred?

Post by Bjuchen »

Hello guys :) I'm a 8th ed player, ive been wondering how Allways strike first and hatred works
together?

Always Strikes First : A model with this special rule Always Strikes First in close combat regardless of Initiative.
In addition, if the model's Initiative is equal to or higher than his enemy's, he can re-roll misses when striking in close combat.
If the enemy's model has this rule too, the attacks are made simultaneously

Hatred - "troops fighting in close combat with hated foe may re-roll any misses when they attack in the first turn of any close combat"

My wonders are, can i re-roll misses twice? :roll: If not, the Eternal Hatred rule seem kinda useless on the Blackguards, unless you faceing other elves or units with the ASF rule.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: ASF and Hatred?

Post by Calisson »

P.7: no single dice can be re-rolled more than once, regardless of the source of the re-roll.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Calisson is right.

The purpose of having both on Blackguard is that ASF only applies if your initiative is higher or the same than the enemy. So, if Blackguard are up against initiative 7 forces or against other ASF forces, then hatred kicks in. But yes, outside of those circumstances, it is redundant, which is part of why Blackguard were overcosted in 8th.

It's also fluffy for Blackguard to have eternal hatred - they are the cream elite of the dark elves, afterall.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Bjuchen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Bjuchen »

I see! thank you for your wisdoms Calisson and Red :)