Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Lord Drakon Battle Reports 
Assassin

Dammit, I was convinced the stubborn in forest for skirmishers rule is not in force anymore but I was wrong - I have found the rule now in the rulebook. :)
Skink braves are Ld5, it is not that difficult for them to fail their stubborn even though they are cold blooded. Maybe you played it right.

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

Also what are your first thoughts on this list?

Prince, Raptor, Beastmaster, Heavy Armor, Shield, Ogre Sword, Dragonscale Helm, Amulet of Spite, RXB - 634
Cult Priest, Cult of Yema, Battle Standard Bearer, Divine Altar, Paired Weapons, Gladiator Weapon, Ring of Fire, Banner of Speed - 730

14 Blades of Nabh, Champion - 372
14 Blades of Nabh - 352
5 Dark Raiders, RXB - 200
5 Dark Raiders, RXB - 200

21 Dancers of Yema, Full Command, Stalking Standard - 562
6 Raptor Knights, Champion, Standard, War Standard - 382
5 Harpies - 130
5 Raven Cloaks, AHW- 180
1 Dread Reaper - 180
1 Dread Reaper - 180

5 Dark Acolytes, Yema, Champion - 390

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 pm
Assassin

Well, I don't really feel qualified to assess that. :)

I am not sure the idea with 6 raptor knights + general is that good. Such a bunker is quite small - one dead knight and the general can get shot down with a cannon. I would either make the knights bigger or the general independent.

Also, I am not convinced about the general's build:
- his beastmaster upgrade only helps himslef and the six knights - is it worth the cost?
- getting some use out of the amulet of spite has to be very difficult - unless you manage to park him right in a wizard's bunker or the enemy is castled tightly the enemy should be able to move away from your guy before he attempts to cast. 12 inches range is not much.
- neither ward / regen nor divine icon - because of the points spent on amulet of spite he is considerably weaker in combat than he could. Also, he doesn't use all his magic points allowance, does he? If you take a combat lord you normally either tool him up the best you can (to make him really a beast) or you keep him as cheap as possible (since he will still be quite dangerous and you spare points). I don't see much reason for the kind of middle ground you chose.

Also, some magic defence (aether icon / crown of scorn) is worth considering.

On the other hand, I like your BSB build. :) And I like that your dancers have M7 + strider + swiftstride. Quite interested in seeing whether your opponents will try to avoid them and how successful will they be. Hopefully they won't. :)

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2