ETC/Swedish 9th Age -- looking for people to help.

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

marcopollo
Assassin

ETC/Swedish 9th Age -- looking for people to help.

Post by marcopollo »

Not sure if the Mods want to move this somewhere else:

There is a new forum dedicated to producing the rule set for 9th age (combo of ETC and Swedish Comp). They are looking for people to help with rules etc. If interested.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/39-helping-the-9th-age-project-staff-member-wanted/&s=461ea6dd1d49626e343f18eb54f98cc9d0275dea
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: ETC/Swedish 9th Age -- looking for people to help.

Post by Calisson »

Seems a worthy deed.
Wish you to find the appropriate person.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Good luck in finding help! I'm a bit limited on gaming resources myself atm but I could propose a 9th age gaming day in my club... see how it goes.

One question for the 9th Age supporters though: what do you want from us, admins, on this board? Do you want a separate forum, or section? Or some other form of support? If there is anything we can do to help and encourage community based initiatives such as these to keep the old WFB going then we'd gladly help.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Well, I joined the forum and am contributing in a very minor way right now. But, there are alot of people on that forum and things are starting to roll a little bit. That said, I am in no condition to make significant contributions right now (full time job, wife and 3 year old daughter), nor am I the right person with enough experience in 8th edition to make balanced suggestions.

So I am passing this on to the community here as I am sure others are doing the same in their communities as well. But, if the admin here wants to help advertise this worthy goal a little, perhaps a more qualified person can do a decent job and influence the future of WHFB as it moves to community driven material away from corporate profit material.

Maybe someone with kickstarter experience could lend some advice.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Hm, I would have to ask what you mean with "help advertise". We're very willing to support the community, and accomodate for any initiative by giving a forum or a discussion group or a sticky or something along those lines. If it's more technical, feel free to challenge us! ;)
But I can not offer do to the advertisement campaign in stead of the initiative leaders. I'm not the right person for that either.

Perhaps a sticky with a list of WFB initiatives might help. I know only 2 at the moment, but that should be a good place to start.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
tiny
Slave on the Altar

Post by tiny »

You could start by allowing me to send you our message :)
I can't PM any Moderator or Admin, nor send an eMail to you...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

tiny wrote:You could start by allowing me to send you our message :)
I can't PM any Moderator or Admin, nor send an eMail to you...
That's because we Admins and Mods don't want to be bothered by the complaints of rookie new members on the altar (initially the laments of the tortured are amusing but after a while you get bored of them).
This said, you might be surprised (pleasantly) if you tried again after having written your third post. Just suggesting.

OK, preliminary brief made, time to say: welcome Tiny to D.net! :)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

You should have the required permissions now. Welcome to the forum!

- The stiff breeze
ForsetisMuse
Slave on the Altar

Post by ForsetisMuse »

The work on the real army books is about to begin and the best ones to do it are the players who knows the army best. So sign up to help make it what it should be!
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index....-creation/
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Here is the list of armybooks and contributors to them in 9th ed.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index ... 1fb34cd211