9th Age; Calling for Artists and Writers

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thorsen
Slave on the Altar

9th Age; Calling for Artists and Writers

Post by Thorsen »

Hello everyone!I am Mick and I'm taking care of the artistic side of 9the age. We are looking for artists, graphic designers and writers; if you want to make your contribution you can try to submit your work!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index ... -art-team/

We will select only a close number of creative then do your things if you want to take an active part in the 9th age!

Mick
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: 9th Age; Calling for Artists and Writers

Post by Amboadine »

Thanks for posting and making us aware of the opportunity.

Could you possibly explain further what you are planning background wise in the development process and the steps involved?

We have many talented writers here and it seems a shame that there could potentially be no chance to produce a community driven army background rather than from an individuals idea of where it should go.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I am not the guy organizing this but the ideal development would be this, as far as I understand what the leaders want:

First, a team will be put together. Ideally, each member should be willing to write about more races than just one though it should be possible to respect personal interests to a large extent hopefully.

Then, the team will create the setting so that everyone is comfortable writing in it. The aim will not be to describe the world in full, just to decide what the "official" factions are. There will be enough blank space to fill with factions from additional armybooks or with fan made fluff.

Some things will have to be changed. Maybe even some quite important things. If the new world is too similar to the one from Warhammer, it will interest no one. There will be - I think at least - a big accent on creating something inovative. Your creative side will really get to work.
On the other hand, everything that is part of the soul of some army will get carried over in some way.

The main work will be done by the few authors. However, the communities of each faction will be asked what portrayal would they like to see, in a way similar to the first post here. That way, the team will be able to hear the fundamental opinions while hopefully not getting drowned in details.
Thorsen
Slave on the Altar

Post by Thorsen »

Marchosias explained everything perfectly. The best thing would be to begin to take a look at the 9th age site and possibly propose your ideas.

There no artists here?