9th AGE Question: Chariot-Character

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

9th AGE Question: Chariot-Character

Post by Kelian Durak »

A character mounted on a chariot: what armor save does he have? 3+?
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
General Kael
Shade

Re: 9th AGE Question: Chariot-Character

Post by General Kael »

He has his normal armor save +1 for being mounted on a chariot.
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

Kael's answer is not completely correct.

The character on a Chariot uses the best save available, a character on a mount can choose between the following:

1. For the chariot this is Mount's Protection plus the armour the chariot has. (4+ for Hunting, 3+ for Raptor)
2. For the characters this is the armour the character has plus the Mount's Protection (which is 5+ for both chariots).

So it is quite easy to give your character a 1+ or 2+ armour save
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kelian Durak »

THX for the reply guys, that helps a lot.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

DarkSky wrote:Kael's answer is not completely correct.

The character on a Chariot uses the best save available, a character on a mount can choose between the following:

1. For the chariot this is Mount's Protection plus the armour the chariot has. (4+ for Hunting, 3+ for Raptor)
2. For the characters this is the armour the character has plus the Mount's Protection (which is 5+ for both chariots).

So it is quite easy to give your character a 1+ or 2+ armour save

Heavy Armour, Shield, Mount's Protection gives 2+ which is the same as Raptor and armoured Elves Horse. Three options to make him 1+ which are hardened shield (5 points), dragonscale helm with 2+ ward against flaming (10 points) and Bluffer's helm (35 points) that forces the enemy to re-roll successful wounds.

Wow the bluffer's helm combined with a raptor chariot master, that's 4 T5 1+ AS wounds and successful wounds has to be re-rolled. Thats like an Elven Steamtank! Captain (70p), BSB (25p), Beast Master (15p), Raptor Chariot (180p), Heavy Armour (5p), Shield (3p), Bluffer's Helm (35p), Sword of Strength (15). Okay its a little expensive with 348 points but can be very tanky BSB
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kelian Durak »

@Drakon: Thats the idea behind the chariot captain in my 1600 list.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

@Kelian: Let us know, how it turned out.

Personally I would be hesitant to put that many points into my BSB. The enemy will never kill you, but might just send you fleeing via static combat resolution.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com