2+/2+ vs 3+/4++

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

ferny
Trainee Warrior

2+/2+ vs 3+/4++

Post by ferny »

Does anyone have a calculator for comparing the value of these two load outs against different strength (or strength+AP) attacks, and I guess now as well Holy Attacks are in the mix...
Makiwara wrote:The Brettonian real estate market is wide open right now, find yourself a castle, it'll be good fun.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2+/2+ vs 3+/4++

Post by Daeron »

I'd love to be of help here, but I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. 2+/2+ ... Is that a 2+ re-rollable armour save? To be compared with a 3+ AS and a 4+ Ward save?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Daeron wrote:I'd love to be of help here, but I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. 2+/2+ ... Is that a 2+ re-rollable armour save? To be compared with a 3+ AS and a 4+ Ward save?

That is how I would have read it.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Easy peasy.

The save chance for various armour save modifiers. The re-rollable armour save remains the best up to -2 on the armour save (Strength 5, or S4 with AP(1)). If we throw in holy attacks, then a re-rollable armour save beats the ward save until a -5 armour save modifier is achieved where no armour save is left.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

in lieu of a thanks from the starter of the post - thanks for this ronny!! well calculated

Daeron wrote:Easy peasy.

The save chance for various armour save modifiers. The re-rollable armour save remains the best up to -2 on the armour save (Strength 5, or S4 with AP(1)). If we throw in holy attacks, then a re-rollable armour save beats the ward save until a -5 armour save modifier is achieved where no armour save is left.
ferny
Trainee Warrior

Post by ferny »

I don't remember now specifically what builds I was thinking of when I posted this, but I was just re-browsing Druchii and found not only my post but a most excellent answer - many thanks and apologies for the delay. It's a decision point which comes up quite often - now I've found this again I'll refer back to it when list building :)
Makiwara wrote:The Brettonian real estate market is wide open right now, find yourself a castle, it'll be good fun.