D.R.A.I.C.H.?!

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

D.R.A.I.C.H.?!

Post by Lord Drakon »

Greetings fellow Druchii,

It is great to see the painting activity returning to Druchii.net. Most of us can remember the activity and inspiration that our beloved forum for provided for many years. Since the end of Warhammer Fantasy Battles we have seen anger, division and finally silence. However, our moderators have done a great job in sustaining this forum and creating new initiatives to boost activity. Our most active section became and remained the painting and modelling section, after all, this is what unites us no matter what replacement we play.

However, that division has killed off our tactical parts of this forum. Once our forum was the centre of tactical discussion and innovative ideas. MSU was invented here! We organized and collected all that brilliant ideas in our D.R.A.I.C.H, a new one every new edition.

I remember as a beginning gamer two years spending countless hours reading this valuable wisdom about out units, the enemy, tacticals and tricks like double flee. It is what made me a good gamer in relative short amount of time. Battle reports of fellow Druchii inspired me to produce my own, as countless others did. We still have those posters, but without active feedback and discussion as we had before.

Currently I am returning to the game. I have always liked the 9th age as it is so similiar to the Warhammer Fantasy Battles I know and loved. Let's also assume this is currently the largest game people from Games Workshop has turned to. I do not advocate for all to turn to 9th age, many might still enjoy 8th edition or play KOW. What my problem is however is that there is so little Druchii.net has to offer me currently about the 9th age.

When you visit the 9th age forum you see enormous activity, also for the Dread Elves and also, countless Druchii.net veterans being active there. They have simply replaced Druchii.net for 9th.net because that is where they can discuss, get inspired etc.

But also, as a general forum, the things I can find there for me to study the 9th age is nothing compared to what Druchii.net had to offer in the 8th edition. That is the comparative advantage of Druchii.net, made by druchii for druchii. There is no DRAICH there. There is no structural discussion about how we can defeat the others. This is what we can still do best.

Therefore I propose to reorganize the tactical part of this forum into a much more developed 9th age section. Including army lists, including tactics and battle reports. I guess this is simply a matter of administration, without the need to discard the 8th edition and KOW players.

Now the 9th age has one threat, just like painting and modelling. I propose to make it a sub-section of the forum, like the 8th edition had. I think it has the potential to draw those old time Druchii back to the forum and do again what we did best.

Our first objective: create a new D.R.A.I.C.H, a 9th Age D.R.A.I.C.H, if there are some KOW players, start building a KOW D.R.A.I.C.H. also. The players are there, the activity is there. Currently it is just not on our forum. Lets make our forum great again ;)

I am very willing to help to make this possible. We have survived the former onslaught, now lets rebuild and become an inspiration for generations of Druchii to come!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: D.R.A.I.C.H.?!

Post by Calisson »

:D Deep thanks, Lord Drakon, for this initiative!

As you know for sure, I am much more active at the-ninth-age.com than here, which is amply justified by the buzzling activity there.
Nevertheless, there is some activity planned here: after thorough discussions, we started a project to keep all 3 Elven websites running, along with Asrai and Ultuan. Note that from T9A, I keep that in mind.
The result is in Project: the future pan-elven website
It will take time, but there is a plan!

In this plan, there will be a forum for T9A:
3. Elves in T9A.
3.1 T9A Elven background
3.2 DE gaming (tactics, army lists...)
3.3 SE gaming
3.4. HE gaming.

The reason to start with a single background is that T9A Elven factions are more closely related to each other than their WH equivalent, and anyway there is not much to comment in there yet.
The subforum DE gaming will be made with the current forum hosting the present thread. Once it will be sufficiently populated, it is easy to create more sub-forum to sort out tactics (D.R.A.I.C.H.), army lists or batreps.
At the moment, the 73 threads seem to be manageable in a single forum.

I would love to see a revival of the D.R.A.I.C.H. (after all, it has been my baby!), however I see not yet enough material for it.
Also, we're not yet to V2.0, so even if most of V1.3 will remain as is, there will be some changes which will supersede some of the thoughts which might be expressed. Most striking example is magic, which will be overhauled completely.
Also, it is worth noting that DE will be one of the first AB to be redone, hopefully shortly after V2.0.

When V2.0 will be done and DE AB released, then it will be much more interesting to invest time into the new D.R.A.I.C.H..
By the way, I am sure that Daeron will not object from you taking charge of the D.R.A.I.C.H. for T9A.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Great! Good prospects.

In the meantime I will start building content on V1.3 (it is expected to last as least until August right?)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Till August, at least.
I would be quite surprised to see 2.0 delivered before Christmas. Keeping schedules have proven more and more a pain.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Calisson wrote:Till August, at least.
I would be quite surprised to see 2.0 delivered before Christmas. Keeping schedules have proven more and more a pain.

Thanks! That makes sure that some investment in 1.3 tactical knowledge will be worth it the next months.