Blades of Nabh

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Blades of Nabh

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please share your experiences, synergies and uses of your Blades of Nabh!
DarkSky
Corsair

Re: Blades of Nabh

Post by DarkSky »

After their move from Core to Special: Did anyone use them, yet? For me they are beyond uninteresting.

Sure, on the charge they have hatred + devastating charge. Plus their Lightning Reflexes and Poison this is even better than the Witch Elves of 8th. But all other things got significantly worse. Without the charge they lose one attack. Without hatred, the poison is not as effective anymore. Although they are in special, their LD didn't get upgraded (still 8). This means they absolutely should stay in BSB and/or general range or the enemy will certainly try to panic them. They can't take a large banner anymore (only 25 points) and now cost even more (12 ppm).

Any opponent will most certainly shoot at the Blades with any ballistic attack and create a massive points advantage by killing T3 unarmoured models, that can panic.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

They lost frenzy?

Yep. They're off the list. The Cult of Khaine is officially deceased.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Well executioners can still be Nabh cultists :P

But yeah. Blades of Nabh are truly, truly a joke. I believe I saw someone do some number crunching and came up with this: for almost all purposes, the order of our infantry in terms of cost efficiency goes:

Executioners
Tower Guard / Gladiators almost tied
Spearmen (due to their AP and lethal vs cav and stuff)
Blades of Nabh
Corsairs

You just know that theres something wrong when our special infantry gets shown up by core spearmen.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Witches were great at handling large units of stuff with low saves, Executioners excelled at handling smaller units of heavily armored stuff.

Executioners can still do their job, but now Witches cannot do their job. And due to the nature of DE utterly DEPENDING on each part of the army to fill their role, when one fails at it's role, the whole army fails.

Period.

Thus, the Cult of Khaine is truly dead now.