Dread Knights

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Dread Knights

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please share your experiences, synergies and uses of your Dread Knights!
toots
Beastmaster

Re: Dread Knights

Post by toots »

Total ballers at 26pts and T4. Bsb beast master in there allows the cold ones to re-roll their attacks. Total ballers! Get the movement banner on there to ensure charge connection!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

toots wrote:Total ballers at 26pts and T4. Bsb beast master in there allows the cold ones to re-roll their attacks. Total ballers! Get the movement banner on there to ensure charge connection!

I also love these knights. With T4 and 2+ AS they are very tanky and with the new beastmaster commanders stupidiy can easily be prevented. Hatred from the beast commander special rule for the raptors make them much more effective.
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

Love them, too. Could not believe they actually triple buffed (T4, cost reduction, Beast Master) one of the units I already played often in 8th edition.
Then I despaired, as they took away Path of Nature from our casters. But now (0.11) it is on. Can't wait to field a Raptorstar with Dread Prince, BSB, Exalted Oracle and all those very nice Path of Nature buffs.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kelian Durak »

ImageImage

Hi and greetings from Germany,

My favorite unit among the dread elves, which I played in 8th edition a lot. I usually build 3x characters on raptors and let them join my dread knights: general, bsb and 3d raptor character. Behind my raptor-bus, my harpies take position to redirect incoming nasty deathstars or huge infantry blocks. With the beastmaster skill, the new dread knights are very reliable and pretty tough too, thanks to T4. To protect the flanks of my dread knights, I use 2-3 raptor chariots which march beside bus. I attached a snapshot of my raptor-bus.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

possibly one of the most powerful spells in the game is found in the path of nature lore:

Spirits of the Wood

Range for this spell can be measured from the caster or
from any Forest on the table. All models in the target unit
are considered to be within a Forest.

beat a big unit in combat on the charge with your cold one bus and they cannot be steadfast - this is MASSIVE!!!