T9A QuarterMaster file

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Clockwork
Highborn

T9A QuarterMaster file

Post by Clockwork »

I have (somewhat painstakingly) updated the Dread Elves QM file for 9th age to 0.99, along with 9th age ruleset.

It's a little tricky as there's no easy way to structure units where the initial starting cost is different to the cost for additional models. What I've had to do is create an "attached unit" for additional models. It should still look ok on the summary (which is what counts), you just need to remember to add any upgrades to both the parent unit and the attached one.

PM me with your e-mail address if you want a copy. There isn't much QM activity and I'll probably keep this file updated myself, so check here or on T9A next time there's a version update.
toots
Beastmaster

Re: T9A QuarterMaster file

Post by toots »

Does everyone not use battlescribe yet?! It's awesome!!
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

I do have Battlescribe as well, and used it extensively on my old android phone. I'm just not a huge fan of the layout or interface. I also really dislike the way that the lists are formatted when you extract them from the app.

QM has a much 'cleaner' look to it that I prefer, the unit stats are there in the app/unit entry, and the summary actually displays a neatly formatted summary which can be copied straight into e-mail/forum posts. It's also a lot easier to update templates on the fly.

The one thing that QM does lack is the ability to set force restrictions (eg 25% minimum Core), but it does tell you the % used for each section, so you just have to keep an eye on the numbers when writing lists.
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

FYI this is now updated on the QN website.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I still bang my lists out in notepad, such a luddite