Rules question: army composition

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

squirrelloid
Slave (off the Altar)

Rules question: army composition

Post by squirrelloid »

When the army restriction rules give a 'duplicate limit', is that any additional units of that type (core, special, etc...), or additional units of the same unit listing (actual duplicates)?

... if its any additional unit of that type, there's really a (rather low) limit on total core units? Really?

I might recommend the language is cleared up or some sort of clarification given, because it's not currently clear what exactly is meant by 'duplicates'. Because my inclination is to read it as 'duplicates = same unit listing', but that seems rather generous on rare and special choices, yet I can't imagine all armies are expected to play 2500 (much less 3500) point games with only 9 non-character units...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Rules question: army composition

Post by Calisson »

Example of duplicate:
Duplicate limit for core is 4.
It means I may take up to 4 units of Dark Raiders, for example one unit of 15 models, FC, shield, and 3 units of 5 models, RXB, muso.
Besides, I may take up to 4 units of corsairs, which may or may not be identical.
Besides, I may take as well 4 units of Blades of Nabh, and 4 units of Repeater Auxiliaries etc...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
squirrelloid
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Rules question: army composition

Post by squirrelloid »

Calisson wrote:Example of duplicate:
Duplicate limit for core is 4.
It means I may take up to 4 units of Dark Raiders, for example one unit of 15 models, FC, shield, and 3 units of 5 models, RXB, muso.
Besides, I may take up to 4 units of corsairs, which may or may not be identical.
Besides, I may take as well 4 units of Blades of Nabh, and 4 units of Repeater Auxiliaries etc...

Thanks.