Version 1.3 is out!

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Version 1.3 is out!

Post by Calisson »

Version 1.3 is out!
(...)

Dread Elves
The Deadly Ones wanted see a return of their hidden rule, but the Rule Team majority favored a more ‘open’ approach to the game for now – although Professional Courtesy was reworded as a cunning compromise. Beastmaster Lash sees a minor boost, but Dagger was deemed too much work for this update. The prayers for an improved Divine Alter were refused due to its current synergy with Lethal Strike. The cavalry limitations were cramping the army style a bit so the Rules Team agreed to increase the Raiders category to 30%, but slapped some tougher restrictions on Raven Cloaks as they were looking quite scary with Repeater Bolt Throwers. The Balancing Team then sneaked in with a whole bunch of discounts for characters, cults, and blades on Nabh. As part of a general trend with all books, characters were also raised to 40%.

Detail:
Assassins, Professional Courtesy, added that they may always make way
character mounts counts towards character category
character category, 40%
Raiders, 30%
Raven cloaks, 0-20 models per army
Dagger of Moraec, moved to enchanted item - restricted to wizards
Beastmaster’s Lash, added stomp removal effect for models hit by this
Divine Altar, weapon options are for disciples only
Divine blessing, clarification
Lords of Dread, Manticore -25pts and Pegasus -10pts
Lords of Dread, Fleet commander -20pts
Dread Prince, Cult of Nabh -20pts
Captain, Cult of Nabh -10pts
Cult Priest: -15pts, Manticore -25pts, Pegasus -20pts, Divine Altar +15pts
Blades of Nabh, -1ppm
Medusa, removing obsolete text
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Version 1.3 is out!

Post by Holt »

Calisson wrote:Divine blessing, clarification

I'm a bit concerned with this one, by the looks of it the units that gained the blessing now lose it as soon as they move out of the 12" range. No more buffing my units up and sending them out all over the place :(

All the rest looks good though, cheaper everywhere so hard to complain about that.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

On the other hand, the altar can now move to affect units originally unaffected. For example, it basically means that all units in the same combat will have the blessing, no matter what direction they came from (while before, charging something from the other side than the altar while being buffed was basically impossible). Hard to judge the overall effect.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Is the fluff included in this edition? Or did I misunderstand?
I'd look forward to reading some fluff these coming weeks, once the holiday vacation starts. :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

1.3, released yesterday, is only an update on rules, no background.
The background will be released in principel on Dec 24th: it will incorporate V1.3, plus a large number of artwork and pages of background.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}