Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Dealing with tough elite Units (e.g. 700+ & Character) 
Assassin

​Hi,

after playing Chaos since Christmas I put my old Druchii back to the table.
So far not seriously, had 2 games just to get a feel how some parts of the army feels today.
I played DE until 2010 (and then one or two games) and I like how the army plays.

Just one one thing I wonder, and that also seems my biggest issue so far.
How to handle the big and tough main elite units, e.g. Res 4, 700 to 1000 points accompanied by a fighty "Lord".
Could be Choosen, SA, Iron Orks, etc.. I mean not real Death Stars, but around 25% of the points.

Especially if the units get some speed boost, like Relentless Company, Waagh or Magic it is hard to delay them to a sufficent degree

to deny them the time to earn their points. After my last game I am searchiung for a solution. In that game I singled out the mainstray unit of Iron Orcs (Greentide + Boss) and combo charged them. The Legonaries failed their charge (even with Altar buff) but 2 Chariots and the Hydra made it...just two stupid rolls in impact hits and I lost that fight with nothing left to deal with such a unit. And that even through I got the charge and led away the Idol and the GFerral Orcs that where protecting the flanks.
Most obvious thing would be to build a similiar unit with Judges and Prince and kill them - but that seems for me a stupid race for simply the best infantry, while being prone to catapults etc..

There must be a more elegant way around, that also works well against other armies. If possible I would also like to avoid the monster mash, one or two are fine - but not too many eggs into one basket :-)

The question is how to solve that ?

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]