Vs Orcs ~ 1700 pnts. NEAT FINAL OUTCOME!

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Vs Orcs ~ 1700 pnts. NEAT FINAL OUTCOME!

Post by Langmann »

Dark Elves

Characters

Thorian Noble, heavy armour, sea cloak, cold one, crimson death
Furion Level 2 Sorceror, dispel scroll, darkstar
Sith Level 1 Sorceress, dispel scroll, seal of ghrond

20 spears + shield, banner, musician, champ
20 corsairs + banner of slaughter, banner, musician, champ
5 dark riders, rxb, musician
10 rxbowmen + shield
2 reaper bolt throwers
6 COK dread, banner, musician

Orcs

Characters

Agrak Black Orc Big Boss, Drog’s Dead Ard Armour magic armour +1 save.
Scratch Night Goblin Shaman Level 2

19 Orcs spear shield
19 Orcs two choppas
19 Orcs choppa shield Big Uns
12 Black Orcs Plus Boss, standard, musician
40 goblins champ, standard, musician
20 Night goblins + 3 fanatics
1 catapult + bully
10 wolf riders

Seculet, the Dread Knight, his soul as scarred as Malekith’s face, met Thorian’s gaze head on. Thorian had known this singular elf for years, the knight had followed him relentlessly after Thorian rescued him from the blades of the hag-witches.

“Do you think he suspects?” the Dread Knight asked referring to Furion’s tent.
“He knows already. I saw him sneaking about after we raided the last human village. At least I think he’s known since then.” Thorian stated simply.
“He still does nothing?”
“I don’t think he cares. I’ve never understood why that one follows us. He’s served under my command for the last fifty years. He’s unpredictable, for sure, but he has some purpose. I fear we follow it unknowingly.”
“Furion could do better. He’s served Malekith. I know. I was there at the Great Victory, saw the sorceror in full battle might. Those were different times…”
“Times I am glad I never saw.” Thorian replied. He knew well the struggles within the soul of the Dread Knight. How he’d captured a Brettonian maiden, been taught the ways of their chivalry when he fell in love with her and regretted his evil ways. How the Dread Knight suffered at the hands of the hag-witches when they’d discovered him and how the Knight had taught Thorian other ways of life than that of the ways of Mensha Khaine.
“The old wizard knows that we don’t take slaves, just money and items. He knows we don’t slaughter.” Thorian concluded.

The noble gazed over his encamped army. The knights, second sons of second sons with no inheritance other than their entitled weapons, armour and mounts, hand picked by Seculet, and taught in ways differing from Khaine. The corsairs, once lowly warriors trained by Thorian’s own hand and Seculet’s mind. The riders and bolt crewmen, friends from his raiding days along the misty coasts.

Only the warriors, sent by who knows what bureaucrat in Har Ganeth for their reserve training did not know of Thorian’s different ways.

Them and the new sorceress, Sith. Furion had her in his tent right now, distracting her with magical arguments. In his own way, Furion seemed to aid the noble he served.

All this was an aside, now. Having struck deeply into the horrid orc lands, in search of magic and treasure, they were finding themselves embattled almost daily by gleeful orcs that feared nothing except perhaps the prospect of nothing to fight. The dark riders had reported an orc encampment only a day away between two hills full of orcs and their slimy goblin fiends. They would have to battle through this. Thorian cursed silently the elder that had sold him the “treasure map” from his days as a slave amongst the orcish horde.

Mist stroked the faces of the elves with her delicate hand. The orcs could be seen massing up before the elven raiders. Goblins were also seen scurrying about, herded into masses by their orcish bullies. The dark riders had reported sighting of a different kind of goblin, a kind that seemed to fear sunlight, having emerged from underground tunnels. Thorian placed his army along what he suspected was the goblin flank. Better to charge past the weaker ones, and come in from behind. Bolt throwers were set flanking his army. Knights lined up in the center, Seculet staring forwards with his baleful eyes.

The cold ones were edgy today. It seemed after repeated battles that perhaps even their dim brains had learned to comprehend the simplicity of war. The pack leader sniffed the air with sticky nostrils. The others pointed their noses, icy eyes searching forwards.

“I’ll go where I feel.” Sith shrieked at Furion after he tried to send her to guard the Knight’s flanks. “Who are you, a male, to say where I may best serve?”

“What spell are you using today?” Furion asked quietly.
“Chillwind,” she sneered back at him, unaware of its ineffectiveness on such a cold day.
“Well,” said Furion, “I wrote that spell.”
Huffing, Sith stalked off into the mist.

The bolt throwers tossed spears into the lines of marching orcs. Some few fell, the black orcs protected by a dark mist. Dark riders charged into the mists, headed for the catapult behind the hill.

Furion strode forwards boldy, casting horrible black deamons at the black orcs and their night goblin flankers. Some screamed and died but the Black orc, a massive orc, bashed them back into line. Sith’s magical chill, cost as her dark heart, parted some of the mist as two orcs dropped. She shrieked with joy, while Furion shook his head, too few orcs died, too few. And he could hear the night goblins cackling as they held down something that looked like kittens in a burlap sack.

The black orc herded his orcs forwards, sniveling goblins followed obediently. They knew what happened when Agrak got mad. Knew too well. The wolf riders, however, were arguing about who to charge. It soon came to blows, and the unit boiled over like a lidded pot.

Furion could hear the catapult goblins arguing. One dropped a rock on the toes of the other who was winding back the arm. He dropped the bar and the catapult’s rock fell uselessly to the ground. Luck thought Furion. Just luck.

Furion tried another Black Horror, but it failed as he slipped on orc dung. Sith her mind filled with glee at two dead orcs, failed her spell as well. The bolt throwers again, fell few orcs. Its was too misty for accuracy. Things were not looking well.

Thorian led the knights forward, past the lines of crossbowmen as they shot a stream of arrows at the cloaked goblins. Many fell to their arrows, pierced through their shriveled hearts. The black orc again bashed them into line. The warriors and corsairs moved into the mists. The dark riders also rounded the hill, leashing their arrows into the goblin crewmen. Two died while the rest cowered behind the loaded catapult.

The orcs again marched forwards. The big ones, however, turned towards the catapult to catch the dark riders in a trap. Wolf riders charged at the spearmen, who fled from them, lining the wolfs up for a flanking charge by the corsairs.

“Run!” scream Furion at the knights. He had seen the bag of cats for what it was, fanatical night goblins, their minds toxic with some adrenal brew, were being prepared to be tossed from the horde.

Just at that moment, a goblin crewman, chuckling to itself, unleashed the loaded stone which collided into the ranks of corsairs killing three.

“Things were not going well,” Thorian grimaced, as he turned the line of knights away from the easy night goblin prey, now protected by crazed goblins attached to flails, spinning like tops. The spearmen rallied and faced the common goblin horde Furion scurried away from the night goblins, casting black horror that killed only a few black orcs and no goblins! Numbly he tried to steal some night goblin souls but failed as his magic was dispersed by a goblin shaman. Sith was useless, and she fled away from the marching orcs her spell failing to wound an orc.

Bolt throwers claimed no lives, while the crossbowmen fell two of the three crazed goblins. The dark riders overran the catapult, driving the bodies of the crewmen under their hooves. The corsairs charged the wolves, who fled, leaving two of their dead. The corsairs ran past the goblin horde.

The orcs again came forward, a goblin horde in range of the spearmen. The other orcs were going after the single bolt thrower on the opposing flank. Goblin magic was luckily still being kept at bay. The big un’s charged the dark riders, who fled away from them.

Thorian was angry now, the night goblins had successfully kept his knights out of the battle. He marched around behind the line of crossbowmen. Hopefully he’d get a flanking position near the corsairs and spears. The single bolt thrower crew dismantled their weapon and moved behind the hill away from the orc tide. They were going to be overwhelmed soon and they knew it grimly setting up and preparing for a last stand with rescue only faintly in sight.

Dark riders fled from the battlefield. Lost in the mist, they could not find the battle.

The spearmen stupidly charged past the fanatic into the goblin spears. Thorian would speak with the lordling later. He should have held before the goblin tide, letting his crossbowmen city-men charge the goblin flank. The corsairs were returning, however, and perhaps the lordling was gambling to hold the goblin horde for a corsair rear charge.

The bolt thrower had no target except the single remaining fanatic, which it cut down. The night goblins were killed to a last whine by the crossbowmen’s arrows.

The spearmen killed only one goblin and two elves were impaled on goblin spears. They fled quickly away from the goblins who charged into the rank of crossbowmen.

Furion was having a bad day. He failed to cast a single spell as he marched past the line of orcs, turning to face their rears. He was hoping to steal some goblin souls from the horde but the groveling goblin shaman held his spell at bay. Frustrated his black horror failed. Bones were rubbing against bones again, addling his ancient mind. Another miscast and it may mean his death, but fail to use powerful magic and his army would be wiped clean.

He glanced over at Sith, moving quickly away from a chasing band of orcs. She’d out maneuver them, that was for sure, but her choice of spells was having little effect today.

The orcs continued forwards. Once again the bolt thrower was having little effect. The corsairs were desperately trying to return to the fight, while the spearmen turned and rallied again. “Flanking maneuver, Seculet!” Throrian commanded as he charged into the battle to aid the crossbowmen. The goblins shrunk back from the crazed cold one. Seculet moved the knights around to the flanks, past the lines of orcs. It was only a matter of time, now, for the cold ones to engage. However a band of big uns was also seen approaching in the distance. They would have to work fast thought Seculet.

The goblin horde killed two crossbowmen, now fighting with swords and shields. Thorian dragged down three, which the cold one contentedly munched while the crossbowmen killed two more goblins. Bravened by their hero, the crossbowmen held the line.

The black orcs charged into the crossbowmen. Luckily the Black Orc was still out of the fight, as they were unable to drag down a crossbowman. Thorian could see the orc leader gazing at him hungrily. It would be a decisive battle right here and now. The crossbowmen held grimly. Three more goblins died but also two more crossbowmen. The line still held, however, their general giving them comfort. They were being lapped, however, black orcs with ugly weapons and goblins scurrying everywhere. “Hold,” Thorian yelled, “hold, our brothers are soon here!”

The spearmen charged into the battle. Flanked, the goblin horde fled in fear at the sight of so many elves. They were all cut down. The corsairs also charged into the massive battle into the flanks of the black orcs, which held. Stepping forwards the Black Orc faced Thorian.

“I Agrak, you DEAD!” Screamed the Black Orc. His armour glowing with strange magic light.

Thorian, struck quickly, crimson death leaving streaking cuts over the body of the orc. Amazed that he’d overcome the well armoured orc, Thorian stared at the body of the dead orc general beneath his feet.

“Luck,” whispered Furion. “Luck.”

The Black orcs broke and fled. Corsairs cutting them down as they raged into the orcs which had attacked the bolt thrower.

Amazed that they had been rescued from certain death, the crewmen fought bravely.

When Sith returned, her proud body covered in mud, Thorian could only laugh as Furion gave her the same sneer Thorian thought had only been reserved for himself. Her shoulders slumped, her eyes not so proud, she returned to her tent.

Perhaps there was hope for this one as well, thought Thorian. Seculet echoed his thoughts as the Dread Knight returned from rounding up the rest of the orc opposition.
“She’ll learn quickly now.” Muttered the Dread Knight.

Total Victory:

~10 dead elves, 5 fled dark riders.

All orcs dead or fleeing.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Cool...

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Now that was lucky...

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Langmann

Re: Cool...

Post by Langmann »

AloneAndBurned wrote:Now that was lucky...

Z

I was very surprised. Its hard, as you are aware, to take out any of the other race heroes with druchii. Only if you get the first hit and you kill does it usually work.

Most of the time we die. The other thing I have noticed is that many races get the +1 magic armour, while we get the 2+... of course its cheaper, but its a strange fact.

Anyhow its doesn't matter, I rarely take armour because its better to take a magic weapon that has high strength.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Re: Vs Orcs ~ 1700 pnts. NEAT FINAL OUTCOME!

Post by Lord happyslave »

I like Furion, you write alot abouit him, and he's so cool, he's one of them mages from the sundering i think
Keep up the good work, loved reading it :)
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Re: Vs Orcs ~ 1700 pnts. NEAT FINAL OUTCOME!

Post by Lord happyslave »

I like Furion, you write alot abouit him, and he's so cool, he's one of them mages from the sundering i think
Keep up the good work, loved reading it :)
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Thanx mate!
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

...some bureaucrat in Har Ganeth...

Ah, the dread Har Ganeth Executives, with their double-handed desks-tops and armour of paper...

Our most frightening unit, capable of holding up entire Chaos armies for weeks at a time just by handing out questionnaires....

Only the Black Data-Processers of Naggarond are more dreaded, warped as they are by a hatred of all that breathes (and Undead) by a lifetime of shuffling forms signed "Archaon, the bringer of the end times. His mark. Ivar the Meatgrinder, sorrow of myriads. His Mark." And by trying to decipher Tyrion's excessively florid copperplate handwriting. No wonder they're stubborn...
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...
Toby.rock
Slave on the Altar

Post by Toby.rock »

Well done Brother
The only thing that stood out to me was the DRUCHII disipline trust in your brethren and you will prevail boorish orc knuckle dragging tactics can not stand before elven finesse
Beautifully Written Battle Report
TOP MARKS
Darkly Yours
Toby.Rock

[/quote]We Will We Will ROCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gday fellow highborns
upon finding this site i was gobsmacked to think that so many of my fellow druchii were out there KAINE bless you all my brothers UNITE