1000k Dark Elf MSU VS High Elves

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

1000k Dark Elf MSU VS High Elves

Post by Prince of arnheim »

PLayed High Elves in a 1k battle last night.

MY Army:

COK Noble with Blade of Spite
5 DR with FC
5 DR
5 COK with FC
10 Harpies
5 Shades
2 Reapers

VS

10 Archers
16 Spearmen
16 Spearmen
5 Silver Helms
5 Shadow Warriows
Chariot
2 Eagles

So to put things simple we played a "To the Death game" of about 5 turns. That is all it took for me to annhiliate his army. We played on a table with several eroded cliff type hills so movement was the winner off the game. MY most notable moments were my cold ones charging his eagle then over running into his spearmen and breaking them while the harpies wiped out his 10 archers and flanked them. His silver helms stood up to a 14 inch shot range of my reaper without taking a single casualty. My shades managed to kill one of his eagles right at the beginning of the game!!! Also my dark riders did wonders in drawing his silver helms in ......pretty small game so not many detials to mention, the battle was pretty much a blow out..........
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

Congrats on the win.

I'd say you had the better army by far though.
Unit strengths and bases are covered here.
Updates are here.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

MY Asur opponent is somewhat of a new player. His army is just being put together still so he is gonna have to experiment with some new unit configurations to get the hang of the HIgh Elves. I am gonna help him so the battles are more competitive and not so much of a blowout.......

If I was him I would take only one unit of spear elves and probably a mage instead of a noble in the spearmen unit since those are kinda useless for such a small battle.......all I had to do was save that unit for last then gang up on it.....

My harpies performed so well.....I always take 10 so they can take out those 10 strong archers units.......

I don't think he had faced Cold One Knights before either.....they hacke dup an eagle and then overran into his other spearmen and just smashed them all....I was surpirsed out many he attacks he still had with all those 3 ranks of fighters.....

My reapers performed horribly.......I am less and less reliant on them though......it is all about movement for Dark Elves.....
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Hi from your friendly admin,

Glad to see the Asur get pwnd. Hope that you entered your report in the online campaign. See the link on the menu bar and the announcement in this forum.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Well I am a member of the Ashen Fleet so of course I reported my 2 battles.

For some reason the other Druchii faction did not accept me.....oh well.....I can't remember their name anyways.....