Don't go into the woods!

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Paul nettle
Cold One Knight

Don't go into the woods!

Post by Paul nettle »

This is a battle report of a game I played with my Wood Elves against another Dark Elf list. Now, I usually play Druchii myself, but just for a change I have got my old (mostly 3rd edition) Wood Elves out of the box.

I have discovered that they are a monster!

Anyway, this is a picture battle report of a small and fast game between two 1500 point armies. Fellow Druchii, whatever you do, don't go into the woods when playing against Wood Elves!

The battle report can be found URL here
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Hey Paul.

Interesting report to read. Surprised at the outcome. Why the fear test against the harpies - I missed that one.

You should check out the online campaign (upper corner link) to help the woodie cause...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

You now that the dark elves had one special unit to much. Your allowed to have three. 2x witch elves, harpies and CoK mean he had four.... Do I sence foul play???? (He's a dark elf, what would you expect?)

No matter. I like the battle report and the clear photo's.
KILL!!!
Tybryn
Corsair

Post by Tybryn »

That sneaky opponent >=)

cool game man, you smote his dar.... wait I'm a darkelf!! >.<

boooo!! *hisssss*
Paul nettle
Cold One Knight

Post by Paul nettle »

Thanks for the replies langmann, Tolkar of Har Ganeth and Tybryn.

Yes, Glenn did have 4 special units, but I let it go, as it was all the figures he had.

Langmann, although I am currently using woodies, at heart I am a Druchii, so I won't be entering my battle results in the online campaign.

I am very surprised at how unbalanced the woodelves are. Have you noticed that they are finishing first in just about every tournament at the moment? No matter what foe, I seem to be able to overcome them. I have had 6 battles in the current campaign, two against Ogres, one against High Elves, one against Empire, one against a Khorne Daemonic Legion and then the Dark Elves. The ability to move the woods around is awsome, and the treeman, in particular, is a steal for 280 points. Not only is he S6 T6 with 6W and 5A, but he has armour 3+, ward 5+, and has both a fantastic shooting attack and a bound spell! Compare that to anything we Druchii have - even our new Giant isn't as good.

I have to say that I think the Druchii have one of the weakest lists around at the moment. Thank goodness we have the best figures! Here's hoping for something from 7th edition.