2500pts vs Brets and Beastmen

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bies
Noble

2500pts vs Brets and Beastmen

Post by Bies »

So played a couple of games today with a new version of my list. TBH I didn't like the lists I played. I think most of it was just me but I really need some more bodies... I should mention I wrote my lists of memory and believe I was 30-60pts under the 2500 limit.

My list #1 (against brets)

Dreadlord - HA, SDC, shield, potion of strength, black amulet, greatweaponn
Mage - lv2, 2xDS
Mage - lv2, 2xDS
Mage - Lv2, Seal of Ghrond
Assassin - manbane, rending stars, AHW (in shades)
Assassin - rune of khaine, touch of death, AHW (in black guard)

2x10 bowmen
6 dark riders - musician
7 shades - GW
6 COK - FC, standard of slaughter
15 black guard - FC, ASF banner ( in 7x2 + extras)
2x Hydra

Bret list:

King Leon Leoncour (king arthur load of crap of a character)
BSB with something
Peggy knight with KB large targets
Mage
Mage

9 Knights Errant - FC, Errantry banner
5 knights of the Realm
6 Knights Errant
2x10 bowmen - stakes and fire
6 grail knights
8 grail knights

Same thing as below (which I wrote first) I just found myself doing damage to all units but taking out none. The King is a crazy character and I hope it's FAQed but I'm yet to look. As written in the book he's insane against Rank'n'file. I did manage to take out the Griffon with a couple rounds of crossbow shooting.

The knights themselves, 1 Hydra went ape-SH!te on the 9 knight errants and killed 4 of them causing the unit to break and ran them down too! haha otherwise it was another game where I failed all panic/break tests - which is why I stuck the BSB in the list for the next game.

The lack of a 2nd infantry bunker for my mages showed as I spent half the game out of my units (which I do quite often to get best LOS or range for my spells, especially when said unit is liable to get charged) it does mean my mages more then often die however.

for my 2nd game I swapped out the Seal of Ghrond mage and put in a BSB with pendant, Sword of Might + all armour options on Dark steed.

Beatmen list:

Gorthor
Slugtongue (took out 200pts of my army before the game began)
Gorbull BSB with -1AS...
lv2 Mage

6x5 skirmish ungor (3 in ambush)
3x5 hounds
7 scouting harpies
2x7 harpies
25 Bestigor - warbanner
2xJabberslythe
5x Tuskgor chariots - forgot to mention this earlier!

got my ass handed to me by Beastmen on Saturday.

I was pretty outplayed. Although there was one major contention which I lost - rules wise, not the douchy bugger wise.

3 of the chariots charged my black guard - which I thought was fine, My Lord was in the middle of the unit and hence by my calculations (considering we had the same frontage) I should have 2 chariots in base to base and with 4 str9 attacks I figure I'd be able to take both out after impact hits.

so it would have been:

C1C2C3
BBLBBBB

However with the sliding/maximizing rules we play here it looked like this..
C1C2C#
BBLBBBB

so only in contact with 1.

That shat me quite a bit but I ended up doing the same shiz to him later on to which he screamed FOUL and called the store manager over and all his friends (like usual I was playing a collection of people).

But he just had units out the ears and I found myself getting nearly every unit (bar the bestigor) under half strength but I only fully killed 1 jabber, 2 hounds and 3 ungor.

My lord did pretty well. Took out 3 chariots and the Gorbull which I thought was pretty cinematic when i had him (using the executioner model with the raised sword) in contact with the Gorebull surrounded by ungor and harpies.

The issue was he kept march blocking my Hydra which I'd deployed on the far right flank, so it spent most of the game marching around trying to do something and failing.

I realize that while the army is great in components as a whole I'm struggling with it as it's so fragile. 1 unit of Dark Riders, they're awesome but 1 isn't enough. And I have no units to really help redirect and protect the COK and if they get charged they crumple. So I need to revise my list drastically. I also really missed my Dragon. With Empire I play my Lord as a supporting character or big-nasty killer (depending on if I take a General or Arch-lector) I really enjoy flying my Dragon (which imho is decently painted- well getting there) and smashing things left and right! haha

But you're welcome to talk about the lists I need to play against haha.
Not another 1...
W/D/L for 2010
40/7/18