The Twilight flower

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Senluthan
Beastmaster

The Twilight flower

Post by Senluthan »

first of all this is was my first WHF battle, which can be seen on both of our armies, second this is also my first attempt at making a battle report, and third it is too long ago since we had our fight, that i can't remember what happened in every little turn, therefore i have choosed to make a Druchii story about it. I dont hope the fluff is to unrealistic.
(Sorry for my sometimes poor english i tried my best.)

DE army
Morathi
Lokhir
10x Warrior FC + Shields
10x BG FC + Crimson death
5x COK FC + Deathpiercer
(i know i can't play with this army but that was all i had for the moment)

HE army
Teclis
Lvl 2 sorc
15x Warrior
15x Warrior
8x Silverhelmets

There is a flower called the twilight flower it is very rare, because it only blossoms once a century. It is growing on the east coast of Ulthuan, and unfortunately Morathi didn't have anymore of this rare ingredience for her potions. So she decided to take a small party with her to fill up her stock. She rented Lokhir with his raiders for the trip and a couple of Cold one knights, and she also took a small unit of body guards special trained for her son. Before the Sundering she was the one who better than all knew where this flower was, so it wasn't that hard for her to find the spot, and quickly the small party had refilled her stock. And just about there they discovered some of their hatred kin and in front of them the so called magician Teclis. She quickly figured out a tactic based on the knowlegde that both Teclis and other sorceresses would stay in the back of the fight. Therefore her unit of Cold One knights went around the right flank in hope of not being spotted and then the plan was to charge directly on teclis, while morathi herself would go around on the left flank on her dark pegasus. Lokhir, the black guards and the group of warriors would stay in the middle to get spotted and hopefully the elven army would leave Teclis unprotected. The only mistake in the plan was the silverhelmets who was so far back for the excact purpose of a trap. The elven army spotted Lokhir and his group of warriors and made them ready for approach. And they fortunately left Teclis and another sorc wide open. But before Morathi and the Cold One knights had time to approach the two sorceresses they blasted the unit of warriors they had, leaving lokhir and the Black Guards. In that same moment Morathi blasted half of one of the 2 units of elvens, and charged the first low ranking sorceress, while the Cold Ones had to redirect their charge instead of on teclis they charged the Silverhelmets. Lokhir and the Black Guards started to push forward, and when the started to march combined with an half elven unit and the battle noice from behind was enough to confuse the elven leaders and get the entire elven unit to turn around in hope of destroying the Cold One knights. Morathi who charged the sorceress didn't have much of a fight, he was overrun and didn't stand a living chance against her. The Cold one knights on the other side, on the charge the champion had pierced one of the Silverhelmets with his lance, it went straight in under the helmet through the neck, and the cold one to the left had smashed one of the horses leaving the rider in front of the other hungry cold ones. Fortunately for the Silverhelmets their horses had enough armour to stop the Cold Ones attacks, but the quality of the riders fighting skills and their armour was just too different, and not long after they had smashed together the Silverhelmets broke and fled in hope of getting reinforcements but the Cold Ones who smelled blood didn't let the horses go and killed every single one of them. The Cold One knights saw the small threat of the elven unit opposing them, but choose to ignore them and go for Teclis. For Lokhir he succeded in charging teclis through the 2 elven units, and made a double charge with Morathi on Teclis. The unit who had faced the Cold Ones didn't even realise the force from the Black guards who came from behind and slaugthered them all, the black guard all as one, smashed the first elf down with the axe on their helbards and pierced the second one, making panick with 2 entire ranks disappering with no resistance at all, making the unit to flee. Morathi and Lokhir fought with Teclis and not long after the fight started they were all hit, Teclis the most though, but the his abnormal ward save started to block all of their mutual attempts to kill him. For Lokhir the only thing who kept him alive was his Golden helmet which took blow after blow, but finally Morathi swung her Lance, Teclis stepped dodged it moving in the direction of Lokhir, who sent the blade in the right hand right in the back of Teclis wounding him deeply and he sank on the ground. The black guards after have broke the elven unit, they turned around facing the unit Morathi blasted in the beginning, and ended up with a triple charge with the black guards combined with Morathi and Lokhir, while the Cold Ones took care of the fleeing elf's.

A fine Druchii victory on my first battle... ended in a complete slaughter of our hated kin!
Comment please.. :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod