1.5k Dark Elves Vs Ogres

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mrdark12
Shade

1.5k Dark Elves Vs Ogres

Post by Mrdark12 »

hey guys,
Just fought a 1.5k battle today, only a few hours ago to be honest, so I will do my best to remember.

My list:
Dreadlord
Dark Pegi
Pendant
Crown of Command
Whip of Agony
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress (shadow)
Lvl 2
Tome of Furion

Death Hag
Alter of Khaine

40 Spearmen
Full command
Banner of Murder

10 Cold One Knights
Full Command

20 Black Guard
Full Command

His list was:
Tyrant
not sure what he had, only sure about the greedy fist

Bruiser BSB

A lvl 2 mage

6 Bulls

4 Iron guts

4 leadbealhcers

Ramhorn thing

and some small goblin like creatures that I simply don't recall

Table was 4 by 4 so we decided to do 8" deployment instead of 12", was two skull temples, one in his quarter and one in mine and some bits of debris in the middle, we decided no magic terrain.

I got first deployment, put my spears in my centre as far forward as I could, he put his Iron Guts directly across from my spearmen, I put my Knights to the Left of my spears at an angle, he placed his shooters on the temple facing me, I placed my BG on the right of my spears and he placed his big monster, i finished up by puting my mage in the spears, my AoK behind the spears and my Dreadlord to the left of Knights.

I got first turn, no charges and moved up my Lord 20" toward to his shooters and goblin things, my spears, Knights and BG move up a little bit, but nothing much happens, try to cast magic but doesn't go.

His first turn, is pretty much the same, he trundles towardsmen, his magic doesn't go either, his shooters roll 18 shots at my Dreadlord, hits 10 of them but I save all of them in a display of lucky rolling.

My second turn starts with my Dreadlord charging his shooters, rolls double 6 so he decided to stand against him, rest of my line move up a little bit. My magic phase I roll 6 and 2, I throw my dice at Enfeeblement but gets scrolled and nothing is in range attempt to cast Pit of Shades but don;t get it.
Combat goes well, my Dreadlord hits four of his five attacks killing one Ogre and wounding the other, Pegi fluffs (this happens the entire game), they fail to wound at all but remain steadfast.

His second turn he attempts to charge with everything but fumbles rolls low, his magic phase is shut down by a bad casting roll, he fires the crossbow on his monster but rolls a 1.
Combat goes again, my Dreadlord claims another two ogre lives and they fail to even hit him, fleeing off the table, Dreadlord restrains.

My third turn, Cold One Knights (that passed their Stupid tests all game) charge his Bulls, spear and BG stay put. Dreadlord flies quickly to behind the Bulls and his army.
My magic phase goes well, 6 and 5. With his big monster running around I start to get worried for my BG and panic throwing 8 dice at the lower pit of shades, double 6, lands on his monster which fails its test and is pulled to its DOOOOOOOM, thankfully, I lose 6 dice and suffer a S6 on my mage, ends my phase.
My Knight go over terrain to charge the bulls, fail 1 of 4 DT tests. My Knight do not fair as well as I had hoped, 10 attacks (5+ ward went to my BG all game until the end) hits all but one, wounds 9 but he passes 3 three of his parry saves.
He attacks back and I get a strike of poor luck and fail 5 of my Ar saves, he passes Ld test.

His Third turn, he charges his Ironguts into my spears, rolls an 8, not enough for the D3 impact hits.
His mage casts a spell that increases his S within 12", double 6 rolls a 7 so nothing happens to the mage, ends his phase.
Bulls and Knights continue, I manage to kill another bull leaving three left, he kills two more knights, I win, he passes test.
The Ironguts, that ran into a forest of cruel steel lost 3 Ironguts to my attacks (I was very lucky), Tyrant fluffs killing only 1 spear, bruiser fairs little better killing only 1, the remaining Irongut, clearly enraged by the loss of his battle-brothers kills three spearmen and three more get stamped into paste, I lose but stay steadfast.

My fourth turn, Dreadlord charges into the read of the bulls combat, I forget about my BG and they fail to move to support my feeble common spearmen. Magic doesn't go well, fail to cast anything.
AoK buffs my spears with the extra attack, Knights fumble their attacks wounding once, my Dreadlord however continues to prove why he is a Lord and takes the life of two Bulls leaving one left, this ogre sensing its demise lashes out and takes two knights leaving one left, he passes his test.
My spears kill off the final Irongut but the Tyrant and bruiser kill off 6 spears, they pass their Ld test and stay.

His Fourth turn he charges his lone mage into the Bulls combat, no magic happens, only combat.
Final knight is killed, dreadlord kills final bull, ogre mage fails to wound.
tyrant fumbles but bruiser takes another two spears for no damage in return, I past, just.

My Fifth turn and final turn of the game. Movement (I forgot my BG again), nothing happened. My magic phase I rolled 8 dice against Mindrazor and killed off my mage doing it but my spears proceeded to cut apart his Tyrant and his Bruiser, and my dreadlord ended the match by killing his mage.

Battle was a crushing victory to me.
first proper battle against the Ogres, I really enjoyed it, my list was sub and I think his was too but unsure.
any thoughts?
Eyes and ears
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Eyes and ears »

An excellent battle report my Lord, it seems even the mighty Ogres cannot stand against our power. Sounds like the winds of magic were not with you untill later on in the battle, but the pit of shades that killed his monster and the mind razor that finished off his Gen and BSB were enough to make up for that. I'm also quite impressed that your spearman held as long as they did, your elves are very brave. As for your General, I think he may be illegal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pendant, crown and whip add up to five points short of a Dreadlord's allowed magic items, and although an enchanted shield is cheaper in the BRB than it is listed in our army book, you have to use the point cost listed in the army book. Other than that though, well done fellow Dreadlord, may your future conquests be as successful as this one was.

Eternally,
Eyes and Ears

P.S. I'm sure your BG will forgive you for forgetting about them for half the battle.
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

@Eyes and Ears.... I'm not sure about BG being very forgiving...they still blame me for getting them in combat a turn later then they would have wanted.

@MrDark a very nice battle the way i read it and a good win. Do try to remember you Black Guard next time...there is nothing these guys love more then a good dirty fight.