A short LM vs O&G batrep

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

A short LM vs O&G batrep

Post by Kinslayer »

Not got the time tonight to do a proper write up but I grabbed a few pictures throughout tonight game so here they are...

Lizardmen vs Orcs & Goblins 2000 points

I took a Carnosaur list this time, with a Saurus spear horde, lvl 2 on Engine of the Gods, Skrox unit and the usual skirmishers and Salamanders.

My opponent had a bit of everything, led by a level 4 Shaman... black orcs, 2 units of boys, 2 units of night goblins with fanatics, savage boar boys, a few warmachines and a giant.

Notable game events:

My spells: Uranons Thunderbolt, Wind Blast and Harmonic Convergence.

Lizardmen won the first turn, and I advanced my Saurus horde up the centre and most of my army up on their left. Only the Salamanders and Chameleons were on the left. I had planned to throw my Carnosaur and Engine up the right flank together but the position of the night goblin units changed my mind, as I knew there were fanatics inside. This led to most of my army being bunched up on one side. My chameleons shot at the night goblins, luring them into popping their fanatics into the corner, which they did.

In the Orc turn 2 the War Boss declared a Waaagh! and this next picture shows the result, most of the units surging forwards and about to declared their actual charges. The squig hoppers had chased after the salamanders when they fled the charge last turn, before rallying and being charged again. This time I was too close to risk getting away so held, shame these guys can't stand and shoot. On the right my skink skirmishers had drawn out the other fanatics, and shot down a couple to ensure my Stegadon and Carnosaur did not get hit by one.

The Orc Shaman had this annoying spell, where a single model, even a character on a mount or in a unit, must pass an initiative test or take D6 Strength 10 hits (he was playing 7th edition O&G by the way). I was lucky the Saurus Oldblood was not targetted, as I later wasted two whole piles of dispel dice stopping the spell sniping him too. But the Skink Priest on the Engine was not so lucky, and Mork picked him up and squished him on turn 2...

By Orc turn 3 we had fought a few big rounds of combat across the board. My Salamanders were wiped out, as were my Chameleons, but in the centre my Saurus had held against the joint charge of the Orc Boys and Boar Boys and run down both, before being flanked by the giant. The Stegadon lost combat and broke, but when the Orcs pursued through the dangerous terrain that was the marsh they took heavy casualties. It rallied and they charged it again, denying my impact hits but suffering for their movement a second time. It soon thunder stomped most of the unit away. The Carnosaur charged the Shaman who fled and got away, seen fleeing below...

By the end of turn 3 we had to call it a draw as we had to leave, the Skrox unit wiped out by the Black Orcs even though the Kroxigor had killed most of the unit around the Warboss and Boss. The spear horde still stood in the centre, and if given the time would have turned to face and beaten the giant, as the Carnosaur and Stegadon finished off the Orc Boys before going into the last of the Black Orcs. Other than that, there were just a few units of goblins and the last of the squig hoppers bouncing around in the distant regions of the board.

Another good game, I will hopefully soon be going to a second club with a lot more fantasy players, and trying my hand against a wider variety of enemy armies!
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

Nice batrep. Neat pics and all. The saurus horde seems like a nasty unit to face.

What would you suggest against it? Avoidance?
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Nice report.

Do you have a close-up of that terrain piece in the middle of the Orc line?

Gatronauticon -- When I am facing Lizards, I find that the best way to deal with a big Saurus block is with magic. Purple Sun (and to a lesser extent Pit of Shades) will get the unit down to a manageable size. In combat, Mindrazor (and to a lesser extent Withering/Enfeebling foe) will allow multi-attack Dark Elf infantry (Corsairs, Witches, Black Guard) to win or at worst hold their own.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I can get one if you want when I have the time. It is actually something I picked up from work which is meant as an aquatics decoration in a fish tank or something. Some of the other scenery pictured in my reports is reptile / fish decorations too.