1250 duo tournament with VC, Birth of new Druchii Leader.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morghurash
Slave on the Altar

1250 duo tournament with VC, Birth of new Druchii Leader.

Post by Morghurash »

Hallow fellow Druchii players,

Let’s introduce myself first,

I’m Maarten from the Netherlands 22 years old.
I used to play 5th and 6th edition had to quit playing and now I wanted to pick up again in 8th.

I just had started a DE army and wasn’t ready for battle yet but…
I going to do battle reports of all my DE battle’s but this tournament came as a surprise and hadn’t prepared my camera to make pictures of it and notes so this battle report will be my first and without pictures with vague memory.

But please give constructive criticism in your post so that I will do better next time :p

After other Warlords in my area got wind of the fact that I wanted to return.
On the day before Fantasy duo tournament (1250 points each) I got a message…
It seemed that a fellow Druchii player couldn’t make it to battle cause being at his mother’s birthday was mandatory, or he would have been skinned alive.

So on the eve of battle I decided that I would lead his force to battle with my Vampire count partner.
( funny smelly undead doesn’t scare Druchii at all )
I got a report from a scout to overview my forces, I was slightly under effect of some ale(Saturday night), so I don’t remember 100% what the force of evil were but it was something like this.

40 warriors full command.
14 Witch elves full command with banner of murder?
Hydra
CoK chariot
2x 10 RXB with shields
lvl 2 Sorc with darkmoonstar cloak…
And a master upgraded to Bsb with standard of slaughter and some mundane items…
It wouldn’t have been mine choice but it was the host that will see battle!
My VC partner who hadn’t played since 7th edition had an army something like this.
3x 20 ghouls
5 wolves
Black coach
Block of 20~zombies
Block of 20~skeletons
A vampire with ???( wasn’t so strong in any case)
A carn wraith ???
And a lvl 2 wizard with bound spell items + attacks near the caster for the unit or so.
This also didn’t seemed a very strong list to me.
Battle was near we both didn’t knew the rules our army lists weren’t fine-tuned this looked promising.
There were 8 teams in total, our alliance was called Team Rocket!

Battle 1. ( pitch battle )
In our first battle we were matched up against “mean an green”.
yes 2 OnG players this could go all kind of different ways.
There army consisted roughly of the following.

5 unit of Night gobbo’s with each 3 fanatics 2 of the horde with nets?
Pump wagon
4 chukka’s
Rocklobber
5 goblins on wolves ( don’t know there name )
Giant.
Mangler Squig
20 savage orcs
goblins bsb with a magic banner that you have to make difficult terrain test.
A lvl 4 shaman with a bound spell ring
And a unit of 9 squig riders with a goblin lord with some str 7 sword.

So my thoughts on this battle was, ow fun times loads of randomness and fanatics…

The terrain was mirrored we had both 2 hills and in the middle of the table on the middle left was a forest and on the middle right as well, with right in the middle some ruins ruled as difficult terrain.

Our deployment
On our hills went the rbx, undead in the center with the wolves and 1 unit ghouls on our left flank.
I deployed the rest of my army on the right flank out of the night goblins way most and against their giant chariot and savage orcs, with the hydra on the left.
My wizard and bsb went in the horde of spearmen.
Carn wraith and sorc went into the zombies, vampire went into the skeletons
There deployment was 3 units night goblins in the center with the 2 hordes.
1 unit of night goblins on the left 1 on the right, there shooting went spread on the 2 hills as well
There hard hitting units ( mangler squig, giant savage orcs and wolf riders) went on their right flank shaman went on the hill as well.
Squig riders and pump wagon on the left flank.
So our idea was kill there elites with mine and let the undead handle the mid and the fanatics.
My partner wanted also al his units in generals range, and I wanted my units in my bsb range.

We got first turn…

Turn 1 Team Rocket

We moved up slightly to get into shooting and magic range, I moved up my warriors abit more and angled the Witch elves so that they could counter charge in the flank, I want to do this with the chariot as well but they were to stupid twice to listen.

Magic phase, we had a shared dice pool and I gave him all but 1 dice ( not included the darkmoonstar dice)( I went lore of shadow and had miasma and pit of shades)
I casted power of darkness with the 2 dice and they let it through rolled pretty good and had 3 dice again, casted pit of shades and the used all but 1 dice to dispel, this was what we hoped for.
Now my undead partner started to raise units 8 inch away from night goblins and he managed to trigger 2 of the central units which we were happy about. 2 skeletons survived the mayhem!

Shooting phase we decided that we didn’t want the mangler squig to hit home so I shot it needed 6 and 5’s didn’t do a thing such a shame.

Turn 1 mean an green.

Their movement there night goblins on their left flank failed there animosity and stood still, the rest passed there tests.
He declared a charge on the 2 skeletons.
5 of the fanatics went further to the middle of the table and all survived and it was a chaos.
The other 1 went back into a unit of 20 gobbos and killed 3 huuraaay!
The rest of their army moved straight forward, the squig riders and mangler squig rolled 14 and 15 for random movement and were up pretty far.
The squig riders were now threating our left flank and soon my rxb, mangler squig pretty much in the center of the field heading for the black coach/ vampire unit.

There magic phase either he failed all to cast something or we dispelled nothing happened.
There shooting the rock lobba misfired and could should normally next turn again he aimed for the skeletons, it seemed the were focused to let the undead crumble.
2 spear chuckas on the hydra 1 hitted 1 wounded but he regen cause that’s what hydras do.
The other 2 went on the black coach and managed to hit both and wounded with 1 and did 2 wounds the wards save was not ought to be.
Combat the 2 skeletons lost and he overrun.

Turn 2 Team Rocket

Chariot was stupid we didn’t had any charges ( hydra could stomp some goblins but didn’t feel charging through a couple of fanatics.
Movement dire wolves pulled the fanatics left side and well died.
We had to hold the advance on the left and moved the mid left a bit back due to the fanatics.
(we felt with magic and shooting we had the upper hand)
On the mid right and right flank we moved forward not too much cause the chariot failed 4 test on a row and couldn’t support…

Magic went same as previous turn got power of darkness managed to get 2 dice back only casted pit of shades they dispelled it but had 2 dice left this time.
We raised more skeletons and the failed to dispel it popping the other fanatics in the mid.
Only fanatics on the right flank left to come out…
My partner also healed 1 wound back on the coach, and tried to kill the mangler squig though it failed.

Shooting, everything on the mangler squig managed to bring it down to 1 wound which was going to be a pain.

Turn 2 mean an green.

They didn’t had any charges, nor any animosity problems.
Random movement in the middle 1 fanatic died 1 went into horde of goblins killed 2 and the other 7 moved all over the place and was going to be a pain..
The fanatics on the left all died which didn’t mattered since only there units were close.
Pump wagon stumbled forward, and now the pain happened.
There squig riders went with doubles 6’s and a 5 into the flank of my hydra which was 16 inch away to begin with didn’t expected that and they laughed evil as the revealed there str 7 sword in advance, I had no idea what they did but with the unit it would be loads of str 3 and 4 attacks I believe.
The mangler squig who rolled 15 went straight through the black coaches smashing it to bits and ended 2 inch b4 my rbx.
they moved up there left flank and were too scared to move in the middle and only moved 1 unit who was save to move in the mid right up ( with the bsb in it ) there right flank moved slightly up.
They felt they had the upper hand now and they were right we were in a tight spot.

Magic nothing happened again for them.
Shooting, with now the hydra in combat and black coach in combat the didn’t know what to shoot apparently cause they proceeded to shot on ghouls with 2 killing a few and on the spear men killing a few, rock lobba missed.

Combat with the hydra and squig riders with lord, beast masters killed 1.
With al his attacks on the hydra he managed to do 2 wounds.
With the breath I killed only 4 squig’s the 7 attacks finished the lord off the stomp pulverized 2 more squig’s. he lost the combat and I was amazed with the hydra seeing it in combat the first time 
He managed to hold stubborn or so can’t remember 100%.

Turn 3 Team rocket

Charges 1 unit ghouls through difficult terrain into the unit the horde goblins with the bsb.
They holded and used their magic banner so my partner had to do 2 difficult terrain tests.
I didn’t know why my partner did this but I entrusted him to have a plan, 12 1’s in 2 rolls killed 12/20 ghouls… with now only 8 ghouls in command this “plan backfired”
Charges 2 unit of ghouls in the squig riders ( don’t know why cause the hydra was fine I feel ) leaving the pump wagon and the unit of 20 night goblins threating our left flank once again.
Swift reform the rbx to face left flank with 1 unit.
Chariot wasn’t stupid moved forward to reinforce the right flank.
Other undead didn’t moved it was a stalemate mid until the fanatic storm has laid down.
( I really wish I had a pictures of this cause it looked crazy)

Magic only thing what happened here was that I miasmed the unit night goblins with the bsb T – 1
Disappointing magic phase.
Shooting 20 shots straight up the mangler squig finished him off finally..
Shooting 20 shots into the pump wagon killing it ( finally something worked )

Combat well finally finished off the squig riders ghouls overrun into the forest which happened to turn out to be the paddo stupidity forest which didn’t matter for undead, hydra reformed to face the middle (right before the forest as well).
The combat ghouls vs the night goblin horde didn’t end well killed a quite a few night goblins 2 ghouls died in combat 4 more died in crumbling.

On a side not this WHOLE tournament I forgot hatred :$:$:$ no1 reminded me or so…. After this we will not speak again of it cause well in the next 2 games I’m only paired up vs HE…

Turn 3 mean an green.

No animosity tests were failed this turn. Fleeing night goblins rallied
the wolf riders charged my chariot but didn’t make it, ( stand and shoot killed 1 but I’m not sure this was a legal move but they said I could)
In the middle 3 or so fanatics died but I think in total 4 remain on the board killing a few more goblins but making way in the middle.
The night goblins in the left turned to face the ghouls in the forest.
The rest of the army moved forward pretty much. With the giant in reserve? Or maybe they forgot him I can’t tell, they’re not so good as players and their army list is annoying at most.

Magic phase The lvl 4 got something finally off, some orc only spell but he wasn’t in range…
Shooting they killed a few more ghouls.. missed on the warriors rock lobba managed to kill a fanatic.
Combat the ghouls died.

Turn 4 Team rocket.

Charges in the middle, my hydra with the ghouls on a unit goblins, zombies on the bsb horde unit, skeletons on the other horde unit( through 1 fanatic and sitting on it and killing it taking 8 skeletons with it)
They holded with everything but the unit charged by the hydra failed there test and fled.
Now I happened to charge the with a wheel intentionally to go around the forest but since they fled away from me behind the forest, I failed to catch up with them but I had to go in a straight line to the charge unit which putted me in the forest instead of the wheel around? Together with the ghouls it became a crowded forest.
Other movement the other unit ghouls in the forest moved out in front of the unit of 20 night goblins.
I didn’t want to charge on the right side cause of the fanatics, my teammate assured me he would win in the middle with 3 undead heroes vs 1 goblin hero I trusted this would end well…
I moved the unit warriors a bit back, so that I wouldn’t get charged with everything next turn, wheeled the witch elves into a better position, quick reformed the rbx to face the enemy, on the right side.

Magic we rolled fairly high this turn and got 2 channels so we were confident something was about to happened due to the winds of chaos.
My partner claimed he didn’t need any help of sorts in the combat cause he had a plan.
I went first into casting cause he needed me to draw out some dispel dice, I started with power of darkness and got it and got +1 dice of it, miasmad his savage orcs t-1 and casted pit of shades on it casted it and he throwed 4 dice at it rolling something along the lines of 2-3-2-1 and he came up 1 short with his lvl 4 so fairly unlucky for him pit of shades managed only to kill 3 due to him rolling 4 out of the 7 as sixes for their wards save, which leveled his previously bad throws out.
Now without dispel dice left the undead would stir quite some troubles , he raised loads of undead in 2 units at once back created a new unit to fight next turn and used his bound spell to get + 1 attacks on ever model in 6 or 8 inch range of the caster being the skeleton and zombie units things seemed pretty good for us now I would say.

Shooting the chariot managed to kill 1 wolf rider causing panic test which they failed and run and never rallied further in this game.

20 shots on the t-1 savage orcs 5 wounds caused but he saved 3 on a 6+ again…meh!
The other rbx didn’t had much targets and started to shoot on the left unit of night goblins killing a few in the hope that ghouls will have the upper hand next turn when there fight starts.

Now as our team didn’t know 8th edition rules and our opponent weren’t very ow yeah rules I know the pretty good the game lasted kind of long, and with the press of some ale’s I had to go to the toilet, so I missed exactly what happened in the mid combat’s but when I came back I found my partner frustrated and annoyed.
So the zombie unit with cairn wraith and lvl 2 sorcerer got netted tho the managed to kill only a few goblins and the bsb, most of the zombies died and at the end of crumbling only the sorc and carn wraith remained…
In the other combat between the vampire with skeletons and the horde of goblins the goblin leader challenged and skeleton champion accepted( the also got netted ).
Same story some goblins died more skeletons died lost combat crumbled and only the vampire unit champion banner and musician remained.
Things started to look very grim indeed.

Turn 4 mean and green.

Charges unit on the left goblin in the ghouls, other unit goblins who just rallied into the flank of the vampire unit (needed a 11 to make it got 12 ), and at this point I think my undead partner went very bleak. We were far behind.
Last fanatics died
He putted is savage orcs in front of mine warriors but the unit of night goblins just a bit off to the side of the savage orcs so he could unless hiss fanatics with the giant now next to those facing the flank of my unit, but right in front of my chariot.

Magic he noticed that he only had useless spells by now and should have taken his signature spell, he try’s his bound spell we dispel it.
Shooting a couple warriors died again rock lobba scattered just away from my chariot almost into his giant risky shots.

Combat, the ghouls on the left flank vs the night goblins fail there fear test ( first failed fear test very brave goblins) and the night goblins drop like fly’s lose and killed a couple of ghouls in return, but fled ghouls couldn’t catch them 1 inch behind them.
In the center the vampire dies due to combat resolution and carn wraith and sorcerer as well.

The goblins and orcs seemed very happy and did a dirty dance and pulled up there pants, this looked very gross, don’t want to disrespect opponents who are winning but don’t show that again, what has been seen can’t be unseen.

All the undead player at this point had was a unit of ghouls halfway out of the forest facing the rear of the units goblins who had flanked the vampire’s unit and the 11 remaining ghouls chasing the goblins.
He wasn’t pleased at all.

Turn 5 Team rocket.

At this point I know I had to do something we were behind and I couldn’t let them fully surround me.
so I decided my plan was charge with the chariot into the knight goblins draw out the fanatics in the hope he wouldn’t throw the in the direction of the warriors but into the chariot and sacrificing the chariot in the process . and then charge with my warriors there savage orcs and witch elves obliterate them and run forwards kill there shoot line and lvl 4 and hopefully turn the tides.
But I failed 2 stupidity checks again…

I thought about it for 5 mins BUT I had to do something so I charged with the remainder of the plan and decided to sac the unit warriors instead.
he holded I made the charges
We also charged with the hydra and ghouls out of the forest into the rear of 20 goblins.
The ghouls run down the night goblins in the left. Goblins made there terror test. Everything holded
So I got 5d6 of hits on my warriors cause I stood in 1 or 2 fanatics afterwards as well killing them as well. I lost like 20 warriors which I feel was above average but they were not afraid!

Magic nothing happened.
Shooting 40 shots into the remainders of former bsb goblin horde.
I killed 9 or so causing panic they failed with their bsb gone and the run for it to never rally again! That worked well.

Combat the hydra and ghouls tore apart 20 goblins and run into the flank of the last horde goblin unit!
Without the use of hatred I tore apart there savage orcs as well with loads of Witch elves my master and spear attacks I got loads of attacks back from the last 4 orcs killing 1 witch elves in the process .
They break I run them down with my spear man but my witch elves only move up 3 inch only forward…
this caused the unit of night goblins next to the savage orcs also to run and never rally again.
So the Druchii finally made work of those pesky goblins.

Turn 5 mean an green.

New fanatics died, no successfully rallies or animosity problems.
Giant charged into the rear off my witch elves (very very close case).
With only the giant left the lvl 4, 4 chuckas rock lobba and about 30 night goblins engaged in combat this looked better for us now then a few turns ago.
Yet my undead partner still looked like he just clawed his way back from the grave.

Magic bound spell got through killed loads of the ghouls on the left flank bringing them below 50%
Shooting 4 chucka shots onto the chariot in attempt to get free points but it survived with 1 wound left. Rock lobba finished of the below 50% ghouls, I don’t know why but I think they were scared for the lvl 4 wizard and 2 spear chucka’s not realizing we only had 1 turn left so unless we managed to throw a 18 on 2 d 6 we could never have make it but I guess that’s just the average player of our local community perhaps.

Combat in the middle against the last horde of goblins the goblins managed to kill a few ghouls but got hit pretty hard and lost the combat only being able to hold on 1 they failed and the hydra run them down.
The giant got down to 1 wound left and was able to react, I just didn’t feel like hating today >.>
The giant pick up and eated a Witch elves stop the 2nd one then he yell and brawled and I lost the combat with the -2, lost my roll but managed to get it in the reroll Bsb.

I mentioned this before but we were pressed on time and we couldn’t finish it the last turn so we didn’t start it ( which is a shame ).

Victory points were given as the following 100 vp for general 100 vp for every enemy banner full points for destroyed or fleeing units half points for units below 50%.

We managed something along the line off this;
-2 banners -1 general – giant half points - 5x night goblins and fanatics –wolf riders – pump wagon – squig riders – mangler squig –savage orcs – bsb hero.
They managed something like this;
-1 banner -1 general -1100? points from vc army, half points of my hydra warrior and chariot.

Resulted in a minor victory for us, Druchii had some heavy goblins slaying to do!

Thoughts? Comments? Mistakes in rulings we made? Please let me know?
Il be posting 2nd battle soon ;)
Last edited by Morghurash on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wake up and ... Smell the Ashes...
Morghurash
Slave on the Altar

Post by Morghurash »

Reserverd.
Morghurash
Slave on the Altar

Post by Morghurash »

reserved.