2400p local tournament

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kheel
Noble

2400p local tournament

Post by Kheel »

So, was talking with a few friends and we decided to make a small tournament. I don't know a lot of people playing warhammer, but we're usually four, me included.
So this time we would use some comp to balance the armies.
However, the idea was posted on the internet, and it turned out some other people wanted to join in.
Now we're 12 or 13, one is undecided.
The tournament is going to take place next week end, so naturally this week end we did play test our armies.

The comp is complicated and I would rather skip that entierly and just concentrate on the armies and the content of this tourney.

This is the list I will most likely go with and used in the test play.

So my list:
Supreme sorc general level 4 fire
Pendant of khaeleth
Hydra Teeth
Earthing rod
Pegasus

Sorceress level 2 metal
lifetaker
tome of furion

sorceress level 1 dark
ruby ring of ruin
dispel scroll
dark steed

death hag BSB
CoB

30 crossbows FC
14 crossbows
5 dark riders rbw
5 harpies
5 harpies
5 shades ahw
5 shades ahw
cold one chariot
5 witch elves
5 witch elves
14 executioners
hydra
2400p

Enemy list:
Skaven
Grey Seer
earthing rod reroll miscast result
talisman of 4+ ward

Warlord General
Warpstone armor 4+ armor save each save rebound st4 to attacker
Dawn Stone reroll failed armor saves
warlock augment weapon +1 A and S
Rat Ogre Bonebreaker

Plague Priest
Scrying Stone one use only 3+ ward
Fencers blades adhw pair WS10
Furnace

Chieftain BSB
Dragonhelm 6+ armor save 2+ ward vs flame
Shrieking blade bearer cause fear

30 clanrats FC hw shield
Weapon team warpfire thrower

20 nightrunners
Weapon team tunneler

40 slaves shields

40 slaves shields

35 plague monks FC plague banner one use reroll to hit and to wound

6 Rat ogres masterbred champion
3 pack masters

Hellpit abom

2399p

My army is designed to deal with most army types. A lot of magic, a lot of shooting and some close combat potential.
Lore of darkness is to deny enemy shooting and can also be used to pick off lonely targets. She will join with the dark riders, I have heard that they lose the fast cav rule if joined by a character that does not have the fast cav rule, and nowhere does it say that a dark steed for heroes have the fast cav special rule. May be house ruled and I'm quite convinced that it will be played as fast cav.
The level 2 metal goes with the big archer unit. Metal is a big buffer lore and I quite like everything that's in there.
The level 4, so only dark and fire was allowed by the comp to be taken as a dark elf lord mage, and fire has some buffs and this is going to rocket towards the rear of the enemy lines trying to stay close to war machines and shoot the hydra teeth at them. I think that hydra teeth is one of the best way to deal with war machines since it is played out as close combat attacks. Very key to killing them off.
The CoB will be a very key buffer as usual, and the witch elves and executioners will stay close to it and protect it. The idea with the small units of witch elves is multi purpose. They have to kill them down to the last one, and they can be good redirectors and also good fighters as they are. Executioners will be there to deal with heavy armored foes, if anything does not die to shooting and magic.

I hope to get the two buffer spells from metal and fire to get +1 to hit and also +1 to wound with shooting, will help a lot.
//Kheel

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

My spells:
Level 4 fire - fireball, flaming sword, piercing bolts, firestorm (pretty much what I wanted)
Level 2 metal - plague of rust, blades of aiban, glittering robe
Level 1 dark - chill wind

His magic:
grey seer level 4 - skitterleap, pestilent breath, vermintide, plague
plague priest level 1 - wither (I feared this spell, I always have great respect for the -1 toughness that stacks with itself if casted again permanent -1 T...)

We rolled the pitched battle scenario and then just deployed.

DARK ELF TURN 1
I took first turn and moved up with DR, hydra and chariot on the left flank. The shades in the left corner advanced towards the woods for a better position to shoot. Fire wizard moved behind the cob for better range to both shooting units. Both xcow units moved up to be in range to shoot. The rest stay as is.
Magic face was very uneventfull. Rolled something very low like 3 or 4. No spells got off anyway.
Shooting, shades shot from house on to the rat ogres and caused 1 wound.
Big unit of crossbows shot at the plague monks and killed 4. The smaller unit of xbows shot at the warp fire thrower, but failed to kill it. Think I got a wound but he has that +4 ward save and survived with it.

SKAVEN TURN 1
The tunnelers can not appear on turn 1.
No charges were declared. He moved up with everything. He was not in range with any spells he wanted to cast and passed te turn.

DARK ELF TURN 2
DR move in shooting range of rat ogres, chariot fail stupidity but was blocked by the hydra so just stood there being stupid. Hydra moved up within charge range of rat ogres.
Only one spell was cast in the shooting face, chill wind on rat ogres, landed a wound. One ogre is now very hurt and has only one wound left. Shades in forest open fire on the rat ogres but failed to inflict any wounds. Shades in house managed to deal 2 wounds on the rat ogres. Buth my xbow units shoot at the plague monks and kill a sum of 6 models.
I completely forgot about the DR unit, probably because they managed to damage the ogres with that there spell.

SKAVEN TURN 2
The tunnel team emerged, but died in a cave in. We laughed at the bizarr situation, was his best bet to deal with a lot of my stuff. I'm rather happy with this result. He then charged his HPA into my unit of 14 xbows, I stand and shoot. His rat ogres charge my shades inside the house and I stand and shoot. The HPA failed to reach me and I also failed to land any wounds. The rat ogres reached the house but one ogre fell thanks to my excellent shooting.
Magic was more interesting this time. He cast plague on my big unit of xbows, but I used my scroll. Then he cast wither on them and I failed to dispel.
In the close combat the rat ogres killed all but 1 shade. My superior WS saved me. (Shades very stronk)
//Kheel

Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

DARK ELF TURN 3
Chariot and hydra combo charge into the ogres. Harpies on the right side move to protect the xbows from the HPA charge to come. Harpies on the left side move into position to deny a charge from the slaves and plague monks onto my big crossbow unit.
Magic. Got 11 dices, and tried to cast upgraded fireball with 5 dice on the HPA with 3d6 str4. He used all his dice to dispel it. Then cast power of darkness with 1 dice, then got 4 as result. Cast blades of aiban on the big unit of xbows and flaming sword on the smaller unit of xbows.
Shot the HPA to death with the smaller unit of xbows and he did not get to roll on the "too horrible to die" chart because he died from flaming attacks.
Big unit of xbows shot at the furnace and killed it off. Good shooting thanks to good buffs. Shades in the forest then shot at the plague monks and killed 2.
Close combat - rolled 3 for impact hits from the chariot and landed 3 wounds from the 4 impact hits. Hydra killed another 4 wounds. After he failed to kill my hydra with his general and failed his LD roll he gave up.

Next match is against ogres later today. Seems like with both fire and metal buff on shooters, there's so much damage potential.

I feel that this army is quite strong, but what could be the worst match up for me? I don't know what I will face in this tournament, but overall I feel mighty with this force.
//Kheel