1400 pts VS skaven

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jvh792
Highborn

1400 pts VS skaven

Post by Jvh792 »

For week 2 of my league I set up a game against a skaven player.
Our point values increase based on if we win or lose. Lose and you get 200 points added to your list.
Win and you only get 100.
Tie and you get 150.

The skaven player was at 1450 and I was at 1400.

His list looked something like this:
1 Grey seer
1 Engineer with doom rocket
1 Warlord
1 Plague monk hero
30ish clan rats
25ish clan rats
25ish clan rats
30 plague monks
2 warp lightning cannons
3 jezzails
2 ratling guns

My list was: (more or less... I'm going off of memory)
28 spears SB, mu
29 spears SB, mu
20 Black guard SB, mu Banner of Murder
1 hydra
lvl 4 sorc + peg, pok - Lore of death
lvl 2 sorc + dispel scroll
5 harpies

I begin the battle against skaven as I always do, wonder how the heck I'm gunna get any point off the guy.
Deployment begins with him dropping clannies in the middle.
I throw out my harpy chaff on the left flank.
One two skip a few... He has his three unit of rats in the middle with his plague monks on my right flank. His jezzails are off to the left along with a warpfire cannon and his other cannon is on my far right.
He pops his BSB and grey seer in the middle clan rat unit. Target acquired.
My deployment is (from left to right), harpies, hydra, spears, spears with lvl 2, black guard. Peg sorc is behind the lines next to a unit of spears for a look out sir.

He gets turn 1:
Move: His engineer steps up to launch the rocket. Grey seer gets in range for some magic. Plague monks move up my left. The rest stay put getting ready to shoot.
Magic: Fluffs everything
Shooting: Puts two wounds on my hydra. I got a little lucky Doom rocket fluffs also killing 2 spears.
Combat: nothing

DE turn 1:
move: Everything marches up as far as possible. I put sorc in range of grey seer. Harpies go over to threaten the warp lightning and jezzails.
Magic: I get off fate of bjuna targeting his grey seer. Dispel scrolled. Nothing else happens.
Shooting: none
Combat: none

Skaven Turn 2:
Move: He charges my black guard. I look at him funny, hold and pray that he gets in. He does. The rest stays put.
Magic: He goes for dreaded thirteenth on my spear block right in front of him. I look at him funny again as he could have chosen any other unit and it would have been a better choice. 28 models and no characters. Plus its my super cheap core... Anyways, I didn't want it going off and figured I'd kill the grey seer unit next turn, so I dispel it with a scroll.
Shooting: Hydra dies and the sorc sees a lot of fire from ratling and cannons and jezzails. Only takes 1 wound thankfully.
Combat: My black guard cut down 2 full ranks of rats and he kills like 3? back? ANyways he needs a 9 to stay and gets a 10. He then runs 7 inches and pursue 10. Wow. That was huge as it freed me up to flank charge his clanrats which will break, and then I can pursue into his grey seer unit.

DE Turn 2:
Move: I am sick of being shot at, so I charge with just about everyone. Harpies into the warp cannon. They fail. Black guard into the flank of the clanrats, they make it. Spears without the sorc combo charge his grey seer clanrat unit along with my peg sorc to prevent them from fleeing the charge and getting me way out of place. Both units make it in. The lvl 2 sorc bunker move up to front charge the blackguard combat, or flank charge if they reform.
Magic: I go for mind razor on 7 dice. Get it. But he rolls 5 and gets 3 sixes... :( I then go for power of darkness with my on remaining dice on my lvl 4. I get it. I roll 4 extra power dice. HUGE! I debuff the clanrats with the grey seer with -1s and -1t. I also get off a -3 LD debuff against the same unit practically guaranteeing them to break and get caught by my peg sorc.
shooting: none
Combat: The black guard kill 10 clan rats. The rats kill 1 and run for their lives, but not far enough. The black guard run into a ratling gun. In the sorc combat, I use the sorc attack to probe the grey seer for magic items. He has a 4+ ward save so I sink all the attacks into the unit. I win handily and break him. He out runes both my guys. Crap. I pursue into the engineer and the ratling gun.

Skaven turn 3: His unit doesn't rally on LD4 and runs off the table. He shakes my hand.

Skaven get 175 on a hydra and concede the match.
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: 1400 pts VS skaven

Post by Calisson »

Compliments. This vermin just needs more pest control as yours.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}