AGOM 1500 pts ( how to fall foul of rules knowledge )

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

gerryb56
Trainee Warrior

AGOM 1500 pts ( how to fall foul of rules knowledge )

Post by gerryb56 »

So this weekend I attended AGOM ( A Gathering of Might ) a 1500pt / 6 game tournament with no comp but a random pick of 6 of the BRB Scenarios chosen before each game. games are W/L/D with a more than double your opponents VP's giving you a crushing win.
( 3 / 2 1 0 pts ) per game

Battleline - page 144
Dawn Attack - page 145
Battle for the Pass - page 146
Blood and Glory - page 148
Meeting Engagement - page 149
The Blood Forest (The Watchtower) - page 150
River of Death - page 388
Surprise Encounter - page 389
The Dark Monoliths of Zhulgozar - page 390-391
Loot & Pillage - page 392-393

The List..............

Dreadlord.........HA / SDC / Coldone / Dawnstone / OTS / Giant Blade
Master............HA / SDC /Lance / Coldone / MR2 / Dragonhelm / BSB
Sorceress........Dark Steed / Scroll / Ruby Ring / lvl 2 Light

1 x 7 Dark Riders...... RXB / Shields / Mus / Std
1 x 10 Dark Riders...... RXB / Shields / Mus / Std

11 Coldone Knights..............FC / Flaming Banner
5 Warlocks

Let me say that AGOM is not only one of the best run and fun tournaments on the circuit but it's also one of my fave's ( twice yearly )
I's only 64 players and by the end of yesterday 47 of the players had already signed up for the next one.

Game 1 - Meeting engagement ( O+G )

Lvl Shamen
level 1 Shamen
2 x goblins on wolfs
BSB on foot

big gobbo unit with bow
big Savage Orc Bigun unit
2 x goblin chariots
2 x Doom Divers

So......... It didn't start well as the BSB / Sorceress / Warlocks failed to turn up at the start and he gets first turn.

Before my missing units turn up the bus gets hit by a Foot of Gork and a Doom Diver killing 6 Coldones.

I then spend the next 4 turns dancing around him, killing a DD both chariots and the 2 wolf riders whilst the bus gets gradually smaller
and he kill the bigger DR unit.

At this point it looks like a draw and I get the other DR unit round the back of his Savage Orc unit in good range to charge the last Doom Diver. He fails animosity on the savages and then rolls 6 and tells me he has to turn and charge the nearest unit, which he does and it wins him the game.

It was only chatting over lunch that I realised that he had to charge the nearest " visible " unit...... chatted to the judge after but he said it was to late to change the score and got a mumbled apology from my opponent !!!