Har Ganeth Invasion Army Blog

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Har Ganeth Invasion Army Blog

Post by Lord Drakon »

What about this deployment ?

Instead of denying moving out of the firing range in the middle, I create one at the flanks (always). This gives the two reapers at the flank much more protection against being overwhelmed, while it gives me more back up to overwhelm that flank myself. The RBT at the other side of deployment clears the dead zone behind the building for hiding.

Important is that I have to add musicians to all darkshards, I indeed came to learn how important fast reforms are. Cold One Knights can always be replaced as close to table edge to react instead of adding musician.

Most of the times infantry is deployed in the centre (which I can get with deployment of dark riders, warlocks, cold one knights and first unit of darkshards) while the fast flying stuff is at the flanks. If I can hold one flank I can direct all the shooting to the centre at turn 3 and 4 when infantry reach my half of the table.

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Next week I face Warriors of Chaos, any tips how to survive / handle them with this list ?
41spoons
Trainee Warrior

Post by 41spoons »

Really depends on the list since that can be a very varied army. Do you know the marks they will use or any particular units?
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

41spoons wrote:Really depends on the list since that can be a very varied army. Do you know the marks they will use or any particular units?

Nope, no idea, first time I will face Warriors of Chaos. It is the same player who fielded Skaven. The other way around, he knows my list (I guess they all know by now) so he can tailor his list. This is at a disadvantage ofcourse, the only advantage being that I know that his list will likely be tailored somehow. Maybe the community with experience against WoC or the army itself has some ideas what I am likely to face (as what they would from WoC perspective).

From what I have read or seen in previous battle reports, there is 1 thing I really fear: The Hellcannon. I can not ignore it as it will tear my army apart, but how to handle that threat ?
41spoons
Trainee Warrior

Post by 41spoons »

I probably can't be of too much help as WoC isn't an army I'm terrible familiar with. Your SoS should do well against Chaos Warriors in combat and would do even better with a razor banner for the armour penetration. Also, you're likely to see a chimera so flaming attacks are a must. Not sure what to do about a hell cannon. They are tough as nails.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

After every three battles I am going to reflect on all the units in the army.
Units can get a grade between 1 and 10 of how satisfied I was with them in the last three battles.

Triple game reflection 1

Armies faced:
- Skaven
- Lizardmen
- Vampire Counts

Characters

Supreme Sorceress
As general with +1 bonus of the Shrine she provided a leadership 10 bubble of 12". In all battles this had proven to be useful. In the first two battles her magic was ineffective, because preferance over the warlocks spells and not so effective lore choices. Her magic dispelling was in all games very effective, she died very easy in the first battle by enemy shooting, and is not yet tested with the 2+ ward save against magic and 3+ ward save against shooting with the cloak of twilight since the first battle. The choice of shadow as lore made her much more dangerous and effective. Dispell scroll was usefull in the first game, not that much in the second and not needed in the third. So far I like her to be in the Shrine of Slaughter unit, as she feels very protected against enemy flyers or fast units who could normally charge her in a darkshard unit.

7 out of 10

BSB on Manticore
As BSB with a 18" bubble he provided to be very usefull in the re-roll, especially for the cold one knights. As only flyer in the army, when used correctly in the deployment phase (only battle 1) he can be a game changer, used to defend the backfield and then as reserve. His terror and combat abilities were effective. Ruby Ring did nothing so far, but I will keep it until the next tirple game reflection. I liked the halberd. Charmed shield and Dragonbane Gem has not been used also. I did not used him so effective so far, so its grade is based on how effective he was when used well (against skaven).

7 out of 10

Core

Darkshards
I really liked them so far, they killed enough enemies, especially when combined with soulblight or withering. I failed to defend my backfield in the second and third game so they got overrun. In the first game, they were MVP. The lack of musicians caused problems in every game, so they have now been added. I did not used mindrazor on them, but with that possibility from now on they can be more dangerous than they were so far. I like them concentrated to maximise their impact with shooting. I will deploy them on flanks from now on.

9 out of 10

Dark Riders
I did not used them very effective in all my games so far, so have to improve playing with them. The extra 20 shots and mobility were very nice. I expect them to become really effective when I learn how to use them

7 out of 10

Special

Shades
Same story as Dark Riders, I did not know how to use them to their full potential so far. The ability to have a scouting unit was very nice to disrupt and for only 80 points they can be easily sacrificed. Their shooting was only effective combined with the dark riders, in combat against enemy skirmishers they were succesful.

7 out of 10

Cold One Knights
In all games they were effective, only by own mistakes in the choice of target or deployment they were not used to full potential. They protected a whole flank in battle 1 and 2. In game 3 they did some wounds against enemy horrors but got killed by Impact Hits.

9 out of 10

Reapers
In all games they proved their worth, but got easily overrun by enemy flyers. I think this was mainly because of mistakes in deployment of myself and lack of protection of manticore in game 2 and 3. I expect them to remain effective like in game 1, when they survive the battle.

8 out of 10

War Hydra
Very effective shooting attack, killing 20 plague monks and 20 ghouls in game 1 and 3. He got killed by Skaven slaves in the flank and a Stegadon, but the second game I made a lot of deployment and movement mistakes. Wounds done in the shooting face got easily recovered and I am very satisfied with him in the army. He was MVP in the game against Vampire Counts and I expect him to become MVP a lot of more times.

9 out of 10

Rare

Doomfire Warlocks
Simply amazing synergy with the rest of the army. Both their spells are dangerous to the enemy, most of the times doombolt get dispelled so soulblight combined with the rest of the army can kill. They have a good save, above average poisonened attacks and great mobility. I can't wait to use mindrazor on them for 10 poisonened strength 8 attacks. Best located at the same flank of the gunline.

10 out of 10

Sisters of Slaughter
They have not seen combat so far, and got killed once by enemy combined magic and shooting, while the other time got flanked by a sauraus unit of 20, but we stopped the game before combat. So far I am the least satisfied with their effectiveness, but I guess that is mostly because of my reservation with them. Next battles I will play much more aggresive with them to get them in combat asap. Supreme Sorceress is inside them, and I feel safe with them as bodyguard, but if combat fails, she will die. We have to get some more battle experience before I can see their worth. I gave them the Banner of Swiftness to making charges likely.

6 out of 10

Bloodwrack Shrine
The Srine combined with the Sisters had not seen combat so far, but I feel it as an amazing upgrade to the army. It +1 leadership bubble is not 6" but 12" because of the supreme sorceress inside the unit making most units leadership 10. Because of the Shrine she is very protected with only 10 sisters. The shooting attack did two wounds to a stegadon so far, but besides that no damage done so far. It add all things that lack to the sisters, which are terror (immune tp psycholoy), high strength impact hits, ranks, magic resistance, magical attacks and protection in second rank for characters, who can still hit the enemy. Cloak of Twilight therefore still give the lucky possibility to a killing blow, multiple wounds hit in every first round of combat from the Supreme Sorceress. I will never leave any battle without this unit anymore. But, it still has to prove its effectiveness.

7 out of 10
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Enjoying this Plog. Thanks for the write-ups :)

Lord Drakon wrote:Nope, no idea, first time I will face Warriors of Chaos. It is the same player who fielded Skaven. The other way around, he knows my list (I guess they all know by now) so he can tailor his list. This is at a disadvantage ofcourse, the only advantage being that I know that his list will likely be tailored somehow. Maybe the community with experience against WoC or the army itself has some ideas what I am likely to face (as what they would from WoC perspective).
?

With WoC, he has a range of army builds, all of which cause trouble in different ways. For example:

- Monster Mash: Lots of big killy things
- Chariot Spam: Fast and hard hitting
- MSU Warriors: Small but elite force led by Daemon Prince

If he is tailoring I would expect to see:

-> Chimera -- basically this will do to your Elves what your Hydra did to the Skaven ...except much harder to stop cos it flies!
-> Chariots -- Impact hits galore!
-> Hellcannon -- fragile Elves hate artillery :evil:
-> Trolls -- Regen MI ...with armour deleting puke!
-> Warded characters -- to roadblock you!
-> Skullcrushers -- to run over the top of you!

Hellebron and Witches would be a good choice vs Chaos. Witches to deal with monsters, Hellebron to deal with armour.

SoS/Shrine of Slaughter is one of the few DE infantry choices that stand a chance against Chariot Spam. 4++ ward and protection of the Shrine makes these the only one of our choices that has a decent possibility of absorbing a chariot multi-charge.

Against WoC:
L4 -- crucial, consider Metal lore.
Peg character -- v. useful for countering his fast characters and flying monsters.
Manti character -- useful, but avoid match up which can kill it (i.e. almost everything that's not a sorceror or a marauder or a dog!)
Darkshards -- next to useless, unless he takes marauders. Pepper monsters and dogs if you have to field them.
SoS -- Ideal for this match up but need help vs 1+AS.
Executioners -- Ideal for this match up due to can-opening potential and strength.
Witches -- Good for killing monsters and marauders.
Knights -- Use wisely. Remember he can't TS them.
Hydra -- K-Beast much preferable vs WoC.
RBT -- Very useful. Keep his DP and Superheavies honest.
Warlocks -- Golden as usual.
Dark Riders -- v. important for winning the movement phase. Don't be afraid to double flee and redirect.

Basically, you should have more troops than him, so use your Reapers and Magic to hurt him as he crosses the board, fast choices to get round the back to his Helcannon, avoid his hard hitters through redirecting if necessary, and multicharge anything you want to kill.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

A little harsh on the Sisters considering you haven't got them into combat :)

Shards I feel you are rating far too highly, but they are working for you at the moment so understand your joy with them.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful !
I promise the Shrine of Slaughter will see some combat the next battles.

Also I don't have to borrow my opponents material anymore !

I hope the darkshards will continue to wreak havoc. Some statistics about them so far:

Darkshards killed 65 enemy models, in 12 turns total (three battles). Only the War Hydra comes close so that amount of dead bodies with 40 killed enemy models. But ofcourse, in total the Darkshards are 380 points.

Body count (70 wounds total)
- 25 plague monks
- 5 giants rats including packmaster
- 5 clanrats
- 5 slaves
- 15 skink skirmishers
- 10 skeletons
- 2 wounds on stegadon
- 3 wounds on terrorgheist
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

New Unit !

The BSB Budget Dragon (Manticore)
After starting the threat about flame template tactica I looked back at the Black Dragon Egg. Normally I was not that impressed by its strength 2 (and never seemed to realize the no armour save extra). But as I currently have access to withering and soulblight every turn for the other shooting, this extra attack suddenly became interesting. I love dragons, but ofcourse in this small list there is no place for them as they cost 300 on their own. But with BDE, besides the flame attack, the character gets + 2 strength and + 2 tougness for 1 turn. This is like potion of strength, potion of tougness and ruby ring in one item, but then better.

I have to choose every battle between either combat or shooting with this item, but that is great as some enemies have unkillable characters or monsters, while other have unkillable hordes and busses.

Combat option
This gives me the wearer a lot more chance to actually kill an enemy lord or something strong. As the 2D6 flame attacks are done at his initiative, they delete any regen before the manticore strikes. The masters gets strength 7 (because of halberd) and tougness 5, a lot of elven lords can only wish for that statline in an important combat.

Shooting option
But it also gives a second flame attack to the army, much more dangerous against enemy heavy armoured knights. The usual tougness 3 knights in a bus of 10, will lose 3 or 4 on average without any magic. With soulblight they lose 5 or 6. Withering with - 2 or 3 is 7 or 8 enemey cold one knights killed. Against heavily armoured infantry, debuffed with soulblight (saurus, orcs, chaos warriors etc.) to tougness 3 kills 1/3 of the unit. Against enemy heavy infantry with tougness 3 (elves, humans, skaven etc.) it kills 1/2 of the unit.

The best thing is that in total the unit cost the same as a Black Dragon, one weapon skill, tougness, strength, attack and wound less but higher initiative and killing blow. It is also the BSB, so gives re-roll bubble of 18". I am looking forward to test this combination !
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

I've seen good results with the 7th BDE Manti-rider, albeit the S of the template was higher than 2.

It's definitely worth a shot :)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

After the last bloody battles, Drakon had to change something to his strategy. After leaving the Har Ganeth nobles in command, he took off with his Manticore for a lone adventure. He needed time to think, reinforcements were sent from the new city, but every veteran he lost, Malekith would gain an advantage. On his way he discovered an ruined city, still smoking after the the black dragon rage caused by an enemy Dark Elf general. While looking for any survivors, the enemy and his dragon suddenly emerged. He lost control over his manticore, which attacked the enemy mighty beast with berserk frenzy. Without much effort he himself killed the young dreadlord, to finish the hurted dragon with his halberd. While seeking his dead opponent for any gold, he found some of the holy black dragon eggs. Khaine blessings.

Back at his exepedtion force, he felt enlightened. Khaine has touched him. Shortly after, a large Skaven horde advanced. The skaven general of last battle had warned his big brother of Ikit Claw clan. After the first battle he discovered how low the morale was of these ratmen, and how easily squished by his manticore. This battle, he would take the initiative. He ordered the handmaiden of shards to go rampage, Khaine needed sacrifices.

So another battle tonight, I will face a different Skaven general than last time, but it feels comfortable to play against something I battles shortly before. The Warriors of Chaos have to wait for their doom a little bit longer (or mine haha)!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Lord Drakon his scouts were misinformed ! Instead of the hordes of skaven they expected, it seemed another raiding force intercepted his host before the ratmen ! A strong army of Warriors of Chaos led by a Deamon Prince advanced full speed towards them !

I faced Warriors of Chaos for the first time ! We could finish the whole game on time (finally!) and it ended with a draw!

Warriors of Chaos 600
- Fully kitted LVL 4 Nurgle Deamon Prince on Manticore

Dark Elves 804
- BSB master (Lord Drakon) on Manticore
- Dark Riders
- Darkshards
- Darkshards
- Reaper
- Reaper

The Shrine of Slaughter has seen combat.. and how !!
It killed his whole army all by itself, damn that unit is amazing :

- 22 warriors of chaos
- 1 Exalted BSB hero
- 1 LVL 2 hero
- 1 chariot
- 5 chaos knights

All with the - 1 CC mark of Nurgle.

With only 1 !!! casualty in return. The handmaiden of shards got killed by his much stronger BSB (7 got killed by enemy Hellcannon, 2 + Shrine by his demon prince magic in turn 5).
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Told you that you marked the SoS a little harshly ;)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Amboadine wrote:Told you that you marked the SoS a little harshly ;)

They got promoted haha

Sisters of Slaughter
10 out of 10

Bloodwrack Shrine
10 out of 10
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Can Daemon Princes ride Manticores?* !conf!

[+] SPOILER
No Slaanesh jokes please :badh:
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

PS. Note that the Deamon Prince is not a Deamon Prince but a Sorcerer Lord !

Deployment

He rolled high enough to deploy first and chose the northern part. He started with his Warriors, which I confronted with darkshards and shrine of slaughter. At the flank I put the dark riders warlocks to take out his hellcannon, but got blocked by his knights. Cold Ones and Hydra at the other flank. Reapers are equally divided on the hill, with focus on right flank. I was happy after deployment as his forced had to through the firing range, while the dark riders could block his knights.

I got
- Miasma
- Withering
- Pit of Shades
- Mindrazor

He got a lot of dangerous spells and combinations and was happy, so I feared for the worst.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1

Movement
He advances forward full speed. Knight block access to Hellcannon, warriors flanked by chariots and shrine take the centre.

Magic
He rolls 9 for winds of magic. He buffs his Deamon Prince with tougness, buffs his champions, I dispell all spells which could do any damage.

Shooting
His Hellcannon shoots but misses.

Dark Elves Turn 1

Movement
I retreat with the warlocks, dark riders block the knights with dubble flee. Opponent helped me with advice how to place them (as I just parked them in front of him). Hydra moves up a little bit for a flame attack in his warriors. Shades march towards the Hellcannon. The rest holds.

Magic
I roll 11 for winds of magic. I start with 3 dice on a soulblight, but fails to cast ! Supreme tries withering on Warriors of Chaos but got dispelled. I cast Pit of Shades on Warshrine, it scatters inside the building, hitting and wounding one knight. Unfortunately no tougness debuffs.

Shooting
I concentrate darkshards on warriors of chaos, who kill 1. RBT focus on right chariot, inflicting three wounds in total. Dark Riders and Shades don't inflict any damage.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2

Movement
His knights charge the first dark riders, who flee, he try to redirect in the other but fails. His Deamon Prince charges the Cold One Knights who hold. The rest of his army advances forwards for a massive turn 3 charge.

Magic
He rolls 8 for winds of magic. He buffs his Deamon prince again, buffs his champions again and I dispell the damage spells towards the Shrine of Slaughter.

Shooting
His Hellcannon aims at Shrine again, but it scatters towards the Darkshards, killing 5. Panic test is succesfull with LD 10.

Combat
His Deamon Prince and Manticore fluff their attacks, only killing 2 ! Cold One Knights do 1 wound in return on the Manticore, and hold.

Dark Elves Turn 2

Movement
So, finally an ideal time for the Shrine of Slaughter to prove its worth. Both the LVL 2 and Exalted BSB were heavily buffed, 21 warriors of chaos with mark of nurgle and fully kitted. I charge them into contact, together with the BSB Master (but I forget to eat the Black Dragon Egg). The Dark Riders block his knights again, Hydra is too far for the warriors and move a little, still far from the chariot. Warlocks remain were they are for a possible countercharge.

Magic
OK, pray for some high rolls and... I roll 5 for winds of magic, but channel 2 ! I first cast Miasma with two, which he try to dispell but with to few dice. - 3 weapon skill to the Warrior unit ! Then I realize he has his dispell scroll and think frig.. I roll the remained 5 dice on Mindrazor and ... two 6'es !! Yes ! Miscast let her lose 2 levels of magic and mindrazor + miasma.

Shooting
All the RBT, RXB, shade and dark riders shots (90 shots + 18 bolts) completely fluff and fail to do any damage.

Combat
The Impact Hits of the Shrine already kill 6. He challenges with his Exalted, which I take with the handmaiden of shards, which fluff her attacks and got killed. Sisters kill another 4, Shrine another 2. BSB Manticore kill another 4. Thunderstomp sees another 2 dead. Totally devastated by the incoming damage of the small Shrine of Slaughter, his warriors fail to do any wound against the sisters and do 1 wound to the Shrine. They flee, and the BSB Manticore catches them ! BAM. I don't know how many points that unit was, but it seemed like a lot. Shrine of Slaughter reforms to charge the chariot or shrine next turn. His Deamon and Manticore fluff attacks again and the Cold One Knights are still standing.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3

Movement
Still a little bit shaken from losing his big unit of warriors so easy his knights charge my dark riders, who flee, and he sees an opportunity to wheel around the other one into the warlocks who holds. His chariot also makes it into the warlocks. The other chariot charges the Hydra. His shrine has nothing to charge.

Magic
For winds of magic he rolls a 4. Nothing happens.

Shooting
His hellcannon aims again at the Shrine and, hits ! killing 7.

Combat
The warlocks are killed without inflicting any succesfull wounds and he overruns into both reapers. His Deamon Prince finally finished off the Cold Ones. His chariot puts a small dent in the Hydra, but is roasted in return.

Dark Elves Turn 3

Movement
Shrine of Slaughter charges into the flank of the chariot. BSB Manticore and Shades charge his Hellcannon, but BSB fails his charge range. Dark Riders charge his shrine, while the Hydra flees from the Deamon Prince. Darkshards reform to shoot and the other dark riders move up towards the Hellcannon.

Magic
Nothing happens, LVL 4 is now a LVL 2 and now warlocks anymore.

Shooting
No targets, RXB and Reaper fail to do any damage to the Deamon Prince.

Combat
Shrine impact hits fail to kill enemy chariot, who kills the Reaper which its own Impact Hits. Sisters kill the chariot, and the unit overruns into the Knights. Now I don't have the handmaiden of shards anymore, the Supreme Sorceress is in the front rank ! So I fear for her live charging into the knights, but still do it. His champion has to challenge, so I can refuse with the Supreme who is now back in second rank again, nice ! Shrine of Slaughter kill 3 knights, while he only puts 3 wounds on the Shrine leaving it on 1 wound. I win combat, he fails leadership and.. got caught ! Hellcannon easily kills the shades, and dark riders inflict 1 wounds, while he inflict 2. I win combat but he holds.

After this turn the opponent is somehow frustrated by the enormous killing power of the Shrine of Slaughter, which killed 2/3 of his army just on their own in only 2 turns.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4

Movement
He has only three units left. His Deamon Prince charge a unit of Darkshards, who stand and shoot.

Magic
He rolls low on winds of magic, can not remember what happenend

Shooting
Hellcannon misfire and eats a dwarf

Combat
Deamon Prince kill 5 darkshards, break them and catches them. His shrine inflict some wounds on the dark riders, I inflict 1 back and combat is even.

Dark Elves turn 4

Movement
BSB Manticore charges his Hellcannon, Hydra charges his Shrine. Dark Riders and Darkshards turn to shoot his Deamon Prince. Shrine reforms.

Magic
Nothing happened again

Shooting
Combined fire on Deamon Prince has no effect because of its buffed tougness of 7

Combat
BSB inflict some wounds on Hellcannon. His shrine kills off the last dark riders and his zombies put a wound on Hydra. Combat is even again.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5

Movement
His Deamon Prince goes for the big juicy points and flies towards the Shrine.

Magic
He rolls 12 for winds of magic and got a lot of nasty tougness spells on the Shrine, killing all of it eventually. Bye bye 700 points. He struggles a lot to kill the Supreme with 2+ ward save, but forces me to do tougness tests on 1 for about 7 times and eventually kills her.

Shooting
No shooting

Combat
Hellcannon and Manticore fight without victor again. His shrine puts a wound on Hydra, who puts another one back.

Dark Elves Turn 5

Movement
Darkshards and Dark Riders aims at Deamon Prince.

Magic
No magic

Shooting
Combined shooting puts 3 wounds on his Manticore

Combat
I kill off the Hellcannon. Shrine and Hydra combat is even again.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6

Movement
Last turn ! He tries the trick again now at my BSB manticore.

Magic
He rolls 10 for winds of magic and I fear the worst. I dispell his toughness lowering spell and he gets to kill the Manticore.

Shooting
-

Combat
His Shrine puts 1 wound on the Hydra, who does nothing in return. Hydra breaks, panicking the Dark Riders. Hydra got caught.

Dark Elves Turn 6

Movement
I rally the Dark Riders, all aims at the nearly dead Shrine. BSB remains chilling with the knowledge he will survive the battle again.

Magic
-

Shooting
Combined shooting kills of his Shrine
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

Your reports are very nice to look at. I used Battle Chronicler for a while myself, so I appreciate the amount of time you invest into making these diagrams!

I think your RBT deployment in the WoC game is really good. Spread out on the backline with more than 6" between them while maintaining fire lanes is always a good position for them. Your Shade deployment leaves something to be desired IMO. In the game against VC, they are positioned perfectly, on your opponent's open flank. There is only one problem, they have nothing worthwhile to shoot at, save maybe the Fell Bats. If you had placed them on the other flank, nearer your own deployment zone, you could have shot at the Dire Wolves, Varghulf and Terrorgheist with them, and really made a dent. In the game against WoC, you have nothing to shoot at again, which isn't to uncommon against WoC. It is hard to say from the pictures, but I think he could have cornered you with no possibility for escape if he had turned his Knights around T1. Maybe if you held them farther back, they could be useful as a late game redirector instead.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Dark reaper wrote:Your reports are very nice to look at. I used Battle Chronicler for a while myself, so I appreciate the amount of time you invest into making these diagrams!

I think your RBT deployment in the WoC game is really good. Spread out on the backline with more than 6" between them while maintaining fire lanes is always a good position for them. Your Shade deployment leaves something to be desired IMO. In the game against VC, they are positioned perfectly, on your opponent's open flank. There is only one problem, they have nothing worthwhile to shoot at, save maybe the Fell Bats. If you had placed them on the other flank, nearer your own deployment zone, you could have shot at the Dire Wolves, Varghulf and Terrorgheist with them, and really made a dent. In the game against WoC, you have nothing to shoot at again, which isn't to uncommon against WoC. It is hard to say from the pictures, but I think he could have cornered you with no possibility for escape if he had turned his Knights around T1. Maybe if you held them farther back, they could be useful as a late game redirector instead.

First of all, I had mistaken the Sorcerer Lord for a Deamon Prince (so much less combat and incoming shooting oriented).

Thanks, the RBT deployment also felt better than before, it was that all the shooting completely failed this game, but they stayed alive and therefore had the chance to become game changers by killing his sorcerer lord (and maintaining 400 points). If the enemy had made the choice to finish off the Reapers instead the last 3 sisters with Shrine and Supreme I had won big. What I also really liked was the countercharge of the shrine to save the Reapers. Normally a unit of warlocks, cold one knights or BSB Manticore should be able to do this, sacrificing a unit of darkshards instead of the warlocks.

In the game against WoC I saw no extra use for them with the already present RXB fire of the darkshards, but also knew the Hellcannon is not afraid for something like shades. With the small hope he would re-direct his knights towards the shades I placed them there. Up to this fourth game the Shades died horribly and fast without doing some damage or redirecting, I think same like the RBT deplpyment I am going to read back your reports to see how you use your shades.

If I manage to keep the backfield, shrine of slaughter and BSB alive I should win most games. Now the enemies slowly learn how dangerous the Shrine of Slaughter is, I still have the option to field them seperately. When I face this opponent again who will for sure focus fire on the Shrine I will put it in the warlocks or dark riders (as it also has swiftride). As I am preparing for the tournament, and most enemies will totally underestimate the Shrine of Slaughter I think it will continue wreak havoc.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Next battle I will face Orcs and Goblins for the first time, any general advice ?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Look out for their artillery. You want to get something into their backfield ASAP.

IF Night Goblin THEN Fantatic. Draw them out with chaff.

Their main troops (Orcs) are resistant to small arms, hard to stop (T4) and can hit hard. Avoid grinding; aim to break on turn 1.

Poison and Flame useful special abilities to have on your side.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So today I faced Orcs and Goblins for the first time ! I played against another new player so we both had to check & ask for the the rules a lot of times and had a lot of fun the whole game. He fielded a very cool night goblin army, everything painted !

He had
Grom the anti-elf character
LVL 4 Goblin
LVL 2 Orc
2 x Goblin Boss
100 Night Goblins (including netters and fanatics)
50 Big Uns
4 x 5 goblin spider riders
2 x 30 goblin archers
2 x Rock Lobba

So a pretty soft list compared the armies I faced before, this is mainly because of him fielding what he finsihed painting. He is now working at his squigs, much more orcs and trolls as the Goblin urge to flee from everything starts to frustrate him a little haha. His special character could hurt a lot on the charge and negated fear to elfs. But, I could handle everything. Plan was to take out his Grom on the chariot with BSB Manticore, 100 Night Goblins with Shrine of Slaughter and delay the orc Big Uns for a final massive charge (+ dwellers below combined with soulblight).

Deployment

I brought Life magic with the Supreme Sorceress, and got the following spells

- Flesh to Stone
- Throne of Vines
- Regrowth
- Dwellers Below

I don't know the name of the enemy spells, but his LVL 2 got the Foot of Gork.

So my main idea with deployment was to open one of his flanks for my dark riders and scouts. I deployed Darkshards first at the right flank, which he opposed with the Spider Riders. Dark Riders, Cold One Knights and Warlocks in the middle, Hydra on far right flank. Dark Riders at the flank, Shrine opposing Goblin unit. I felt very confident after deployment. I vanguard one Dark Riders towards Night Goblin to attract the Fanatics, while other advances towards the Rock Lobber.

He rolls a 1 to start while I roll a 3 with the -1, nice ! Dark Elves start first.

Dark Elves Turn 1

Movement
The first thing I do is sending one of the dark riders in front of his big night goblin unit to extract the expected Fanatics. The first two come 1 or 2" short, but the last one hits. He kills 4 dark riders outright, ouch ! But he passed his leadership test. Funny thing here was that for the first time I did not care about those casualties, as the option of regrowth is a very strong and nice one (one of the abilities I like so much from Vampire Counts). The darkshards move up to shoot fanatics and next turn goblin spiders. Both Hydra and Warlocks move up a little, in case the spiders advance to fast. I moved up the left flank dark riders for a next turn charge on the Rock Lobba, placing Shades in between with the archers as missile screen. This was a mistake, as I was thinking that the enemy would shoot instead of charging. Directly after those movements I realised he could charge with his Goblin Boss, ranks and banner while Shades had no AHW.

Magic
I roll 5 for winds of magic, enemy got 3 dice. I casted Throne of Vines with 3 dice, he tried to dispell but failed ! After that improved Flesh to Stone on the Shrine of Slaughter, making the Shrine tougness 10 ! and Sisters + Supreme tougness 7. Even with almost no power dice, very effective magic phase. I really like the low casting values for the LVL 4, and next time I am thinking about also takning signature instead of Dwellers (3 spells with only 2 dice).

Shooting
I focused fire on the goblin archers, hoping to panic them. Shades killed 5, Dark Riders 1, only needing two more ! One of the Reapers tried to panic them, but only inflicted one wound. Very close, and with some luck his (only leadership 7) archers had fled. Darkshards kill two fanatics, I tried the same panic trick with the Spiders, but he passed both his leadership tests. It felt as a strong shooting phase.

Combat
No combat

Orcs and Goblins Turn 1

Movement
His left flank archers fail anomosity, squabble and therefore charge the shades. His fanatic moves towards his own line, preventing chariot from moving and he considers the damage of Fanatic to dangerous to advance with the Night Goblins. Orcs advance, and he want to place one of the spiders in between archers and hydra, but I point out that I then can easily charge it and overrun into the archers. He hides one of the spiders behind the hill, and put the others beside it (but in line of sight of darkshards). His archers hold.

Magic
He rolls 4 for winds of magic, but I channel 2 and can easily dispell his augment.

Shooting
His Rock Lobba shoots at the War Hydra, hits ! but the rock bounces on the head with a roll of 1 to wound. His other Lobba aims at the Warlocks but it scatters. His archers are in combat or out of range (18")

Combat
I inflict 2 wounds, he inflicts 3, and I lose combat with 4. Shades flee, Dark Riders fail panic test and flee off the table.

Dark Elves Turn 2

Movement
Shades fail to rally, but only run 3" so remains on the table. Warlocks advance to the left flank to replace the dark riders but in charge arch of orc. Herald doesn't take the spider bait and also moves up between the units to threaten the Rock Lobba in a next turn charge (with regrowth in mind). Hydra advances forward full speed, same with BSB Manticore to roll up his total flank next turn. Rest of the army moves up 5"

Magic
I roll 6 for winds of magic, and with Throne of Vines still on, I cast 2 dice on Flesh to Stone on Shrine unit again, which he dispells. Other 4 dice on boosted regrowth on the Dark Riders, and him with only 2 dice left let me cast it. I heal 3 wounds, so one Dark Riders comes back to life. Again, in the previous lores low winds of magic resulted into weak magic phases, but with the very effective and cheap spells of Life (also adding 1 lost wound) every phase is nice.

Shooting
Darkshards kill the lone spider bait, other two units inflict 2 or 3 wounds on the other spiders unit, but they all hold. Reapers concentrate fire on the Grom on Chariot. First two misses, but last one hits. After randomizing, he hits the character, who has only 3 wounds, if only.. He fails his 5+ ward save, and I roll an ... 6 !! Killing his general and therefore let all the goblin fear elves again (+ everybody low leadership again). Very effective shooting phase !

Combat
No combat

Orcs and Goblins Turn 2

Movement
His orcs charge the warlocks, who flee as I don't want to lose soulblight for a possible dwellers combination on them in a good magic phase. Fanatic moves in my direction again. His archers fail animosity and charge the Hydra, his big unit of 100 Night Goblins also fail animosity and stand still (but also no magic from his LVL 4!). Spiders move up for charge but already knowing they will be peppered with shots. His orcs advance towards my lines same with BSB chariot.

Magic
He rolls 7 for winds of magic, he dispelled Throne of Vines and got a magic missile on the Cold One Knights with irresistable force, wounding 7, but with strength 3, only 1 fails his armour save. Miscast puts a wound on the LVL 4 and LVL 2.

Shooting
Then the Rock Lobba aims for the BSB Manticore, hits ! randomized the Manticore, rolls a 2 to wound, and 5 on multipe wounds, killing it outright, lucky shot ! BSB was still alive and I was winning, so didn't care so much. With Life if he had done 1 - 4 wounds, I could heal him up again, I really like this lore. His left archers shoot at the Shade, but only manage to kill 1 of the 2. His other Rock Lobba aims at the two Dark Riders, but scatters.

Combat
Archers fail fear test, and fail to put any wounds on the Hydra. Hydra fluffs his attacks, only wounding 1. As he charged, has a rank and standard I use fiery breath, which inflicted two more wounds, resulting in a draw, pfew !

Dark Elves Turn 3

Movement
Dark Riders fail their charge into the Rock Lobba. Shades and Warlocks rally. Shrine advances for a next turn charge on the Night Goblins and within 12" of the orcs for Dwellers, Cold Ones moves maximup to protect the flank and possible charge on the Orcs, who needed a 10 to reach the Cold Ones, Warlocks move up to charge his chariot or future rear or flank charge on night goblins. BSB move into Darkshards.

Magic
I needed a high roll this turn, his LVL 4 still squabling. If I could put a soulblight and a dwellers on his orcs, this battle was over :D But I rolled a 2 instead, casting Throne of Vines again.

Shooting
Darkshards kill the last Fanatic, then other Darkshards kill one the Spiders, and last Darkshards kill right unit of Spiders, resulting into a failed panic test of the last unit of Spiders who ran close to the table edge. Reapers concentrate fire on the chariot from dead general (but still BSB on it) and the first one kills it ! 100 Night Goblins take a panic test and.. FAILS.. running of the table. Hahaha we both had to laugh so hard, they had not moved or done anything the whole battle and just runned off the table without any casualties. Two other reapers aim at Rock Lobba, inflicting two wounds in total.

Combat
Hydra makes short work of the Archers and runs towards the Rock Lobba.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 3

Movement
Orcs charge Cold One Knights but fail to reach distance resulting in a failed charge. His spiders fail rally test and flee off the table. His goblin archers succeed to do a swift reform to shoot the dark riders.

Magic
He casts Foot of Gork on the warlocks, but it scatters !
Shooting
Both Rock Lobba's aim at War Hydra (who is in reality outside 12" of the right Rock Lobba) but both scatter 2", and the strength 3 hit inflict no wounds. His goblin archers shoot at the Dark Riders, hitting with 6, wounding 2, but I save one armour save ! Herald is back on his own again, but again passes his panic test.

Shooting
Both Rock Lobba's aim at War Hydra (who is in reality outside 12" of the right Rock Lobba) but both scatter 2", and the strength 3 hit inflict no wounds. His goblin archers shoot at the Dark Riders, hitting with 6, wounding 2, but I save one armour save ! Herald is back on his own again, but again passes his panic test.

Combat
No Combat

Dark Elves Turn 4

Movement
Hydra charges the Rock Lobba, Herald charges the other. Shrine of Slaughter swift reform to be charged by Orcs next turn, Cold One Knights and Warlocks take positions for countercharge. Darkshards also swift reform and move up to the orcs. Last Shades runs away from his archers.

Magic
Hoping of Dwellers and Soulbight again, I roll 2 for winds of magic. I cast Flesh to Stone (+4 tougness) on Shrine of Slaughter.

Shooting
Reapers and Darkshard concentrate fire on Orcs, but fluff a little killing 5.

Combat
Hydra makes short work of Rock Lobba. Herald fails to inflict a wound, Orc Bully also fails, the Goblins inflict one wound but is saved, and the horse also fails to inflict a wound. I win combat because of the charge, he breaks and I pusrue him off the table.

At this point the local store had to close because of time, as we were slow with checking rules and chatting a lot.

I only lost 1 unit of Dark Riders, while he had lost his whole army exept the Big Un unit and Goblin Archers. With killing his general and the rest of his army, I managed to get 1770 victory points, he 105. A massacre ! My first 20 - 0 :D It was a soft list, and enemy general same experience level as me but still I am very happy with it.

MVP : Dark Rider Herald
Altough he did not killed anyone, he extracted the fanatics in first turn, which blocked the movement of 100 Night Goblins and his Grom on chariot. He hold heroicly after his unit got killed, twice, and eventually caught the far Rock Lobba, and saving the last Shade by forcing enemy goblin archer to fire on him. He also passed two crucial armour saves in shooting and combat.

Also the Reapers forces so much panic tests on the enemy, killing his general, bsb + chariot and forcing the 100 Night Goblins to flee.

After battle thoughts
I really liked Life magic, as I rolled very low for all winds of magic, and still had very good magic results (+4 tougness, crucial regrowth and throne of vines which remained in play several times). By making the Shrine of Slaughter +4 tougness the enemy did not even considered to shoot the unit, and if manticore had survived, I could have healed some wounds back before final combat with the orcs. Shooting won me the game, and even with four unit of chaff, three combined unit of darkshards is just to much to reach with 60 bolts.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice write for what looked like a fun battle. Oh the pain of running a goblin army, I feel for you opponent slightly :)

Life is a great lore and fairly forgiving to use, a good choice. Deployment also looked far better, you are definitely learning fast. Myself I might have vanguarded two units to the left flank rather than just the DR's, possibly the second unit or the Warlocks, just to shore it up a little, as the right and centre were fairly strong anyway. This then would have allowed a counter charge and perhaps the option to hold against the charging archers rather than fleeing and panicking.

All in all though a great win and congratulations on your first 20-0 :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Nice play & thanks for the write up.

Shrine of Slaughter and Life looks a good combo, but haven't got round to trying it out yet. However, I'm happy to live vicariously through you :mrgreen:
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So another battle against Skaven ! It was a bloody and nice one. It resulted in a draw in my favour, but at when we had to stop the game at the end of turn 4 my darkshards and hydra were fleeing and it looked not that good for me. Hope you enjoy the rapport and feedback is welcome. His list was the following

Lord Skrolk
Deathmaster Snikch
2 x Warlock Engineer:
2 x 20 plague monks
2 x 50 clanrat, both with weapon team (mortar, thrower)
2 x 5 gutter runners
Warp Lightning Cannon
3 Stormfiends (gatling, windlauncher, grinderfist)

Deployment

He started with the deployment of the clanrats in the middle, after I deployed the darkshards in the corner, he placed the other clanrat and stormfiends at the other flank and I decided to go rambo with the Shrine of Slaughter to not be the 'boring' guy. His right flank was open for my scouts and dark riders.

I found that I see forest really as obstacles instead of useful at the moment, how do you think I could have used the terrain to my advantage instead of a disadvantage ?

Magic
I got
- Flesh to Stone
- Throne of Vines
- Regrowth
- Dwellers (swapped for Regen, big mistake !)

Dark Elves Turn 1

Movement
The Shrine of Slaughter moves up for a next turn charge, but also very brave in his very deadly shooting range. I was not that afraid as I was planning to heavily buff the unit with Life spells. Shades and Dark Riders move up to for the enemy cannon and to shoot his gutter runners. Other Dark Riders do the same with the other gutter runners threatening the far Reapers. Warlocks also move up in case the dark riders or shades fail. Darkshards march forwards and hydra and cold one knights advances a little. BSB moves up behind forest to be in enemy backfield next turn, while providing BSB bubble for most units + Shrine fo Slaughter. Good movement phase.

Magic
I roll 10 for winds of magic, channel 1 to 11. I cast Throne of Vines with Irrestistible Force, Flesh to Stone and Regen on Sister of Slaughter while he dispell Doombolt against the Plague Monks. Shrine of Slaughter has very high tougness and regen 4+, so all was going according to plan, to charge his Stormfiends next turn. Good magic phase.

Shooting
Shades kill 3 gutter runners, he fails his panic test and he flees into the forest. Dark Riders try to kill them off but shoot at trees instead. Other Dark Riders miss, but the Herald alone kills two gutter runners at the left flank. Left RBT fail to inflict any wounds to the gutter, but the right RBT kills off a weapon team. Good shooting phase.

Combat
No combat

Skaven Turn 1

Movement
He reveals his assassin hero in the left gutter runners and charges, I kill one with stand and shoot. His right plague monks move to charge my dark riders and shades. Clanrats in the centre advance while his Stormfiends move to the hill to shoot the Shrine of Slaughter.

Magic
I don't remember winds of magic, he gets a light warpning at the Shrine but fails to wound any sister with tougness 7 and 4+ regeneration.

Shooting
His stormfiend mortar shoots and wounds on 4+, so buffed tougness and regen does not mean anything. I fail lookout sir, and she gets a wounds, Shrine gets a wounds and 4 sisters die (ouch!). Ratling fails to do any wounds because of buffed tougness and regen. His cannon inflict 1 wound on the right flank RBT

Combat
I kill off his other two gutter runners, but he kills 3 dark riders. He wins combat and I flee off the board, he pursues close to the first RBT.

Dark Elves Turn 2

Movement
Shrine of Slaughter charges his Stormfiends, needing a 8, and I roll a 7 ! Aaargh. Failed charge. BSB Manticore moves up to save the Shrine by providing rear charge of the Stormfiends. Dark Riders and Shades outmanouvres his Plague Monks a closer to his cannon. Darkshards move up a little, I make a mistake with warlocks to retreat for soulbight, while could have stayed in in enemy backfield. Hydra and Cold One Knights move up little for next turn charge if enemy advances.

Magic
I roll 7 for winds of magic. Hmm. Throne of Vines was still on, but Shrine was weak as hell again. I roll 3 on Flesh to Stone which he dispells with his dice, and then a Regrowth with the other dice which he scrolls. Ouch, now the Shrine was dead for sure if the enemy chose to not direct fire towards the Manticore. Even though it could have worked if I made the charge, it is just too many points and risk to play Rambo with the Shrine as I did now.

Shooting
No good targets for shooting, left RBT shoot at his stormfiends, inflicting two wounds. Right reapers turns towards the assassin hero, and kills it ! Other RXB fire kill some rats but nothing interesting.

Combat
No combat

Skaven Turn 2

Movement
No charges of the enemy, he shuffles back with his clanrat (smart !), move stormfiends to shoot at the BSB Manticore (with CoT) and plague monks defends the cannon (remember my game against lizzies ?) while other plague monks move up to the right flank.

Magic
I can't remember.

Shooting
His warpflame weapon team kills 4 sisters. His stormfiends inflict 1 wound on the BSB master and 3 on the Manticore. He really make a big mistake by taking the bait and not shoot the Shrine of Slaughter with his stormfiends this turn. Gutter runners kill a warlock. His cannon shoots at RBt again but misfires blowing up!

Combat
No combat

Dark Elves Turn 3

Movement
Sisters of Slaughter charge his stormfiends again, needing 9, but roll a 8.. aargh ! BSB Manticore charges his clanrat who hold on Leadership 10 as I did not dare to charge the stormfiends who could stand and shoot and maybe kill the wounded manticore or master. Dark Riders and Shades move past charge arc of Plague monks to bait the enemy stormfiends away from the Shrine of Slaughter. Hydra move but can only hit 5.

Magic
I succeed to cast soulblight on enemy clanrats in the centre and regrowth bring back 4 sisters of slaughter into combat strength. Life attribute heals up the Supreme.

Shooting
Darkshards shoot on the centre clanrats with soulblight killing around 10 rats. Left RBT kill off the weapon team, but only just with 1 hit resulting into 1 wound. Other shooting is not effective.

Combat
BSB get challenged by enemy champion, which he kills direct. He wins combat but enemy is steadfast on leadership 10 and holds. Could I have done Thunderstomp ?

Skaven Turn 3

Movement
Gutter runners charges the darkshards in the flank, who hold. His Stormfiends charge the dark riders, who flee just in front of enemy plague peaers with champion. He then redirect into Shades who also flee but manage to stay on the table. His plague bearers then charge the fleeing dark riders and catch them. His far right plague monks advance while the clanrat in center retreats again.

Magic
I cant remember

Shooting
No shooting

Combat
Combat between darkshards and gutter runners is even, he challenges with his engineer which I also kill, but he wins combat with 1 and I pass my break test.

Dark Elves Turn 4

Movement
Shrine of Slaughter charges clanrats in combat, needing a 5, and rolls a 3 !! Very frustrating to fail three charges with the main combat unit. Hydra move to breath fire, Cold Ones for counter charge and warlocks for soulblight.

Magic
I cast Flesh to Stone on shrine of slaughter and Soulblight on clanrats in the centre.

Shooting
Hydra kill 14 clanrats, forcing a panic test but he holds. Darkshards kill another 8 while the reaper kills around 2 plague monks. Left RBT sneakily kills a first Stormfiend, but he succeeds his panic test.

Combat
BSB wins combat but enemy holds on steadfast. Darkshards kill of the gutter runners.

Skaven Turn 4

Movement
He charges the hydra in the flank with Skrolk and Plague monks. He also charges darkshards with plague monks and I chose to flee.

Magic
He kills around 5 darkshards with a magic missile who flees, also forcing panic test on last darkshards who also start to flee. Plague on fleeing darkshards kill some more.

Shooting
Stormfiends shoot at Shrine but fail to inflict any damage with Flesh to Stone and scattered poison thinggy.

Combat
He fluff his attacks, Hydra nearly kill his general but eventually lose combat by 4 and turn to flee. But the Hydra escapes and we call the game because of time.

230 victory points in my favour, resulting in a draw, but 560 points fleeing at the end of the battle

After battle thoughts
Oke so this was an very interesting battle where I got the possibility to win big, but almost resulted in a loss. So what went wrong ?

I took a lot of risk by placing the Shrine of Slaughter opposite his Stormfiends + warpfire thrower as I already experienced how dangerous a good Skaven shooting phase for them can be. It paid out because of the expected good magic phase, but magic is trickle and could have costed me a lot of points, general and LVL 4. They survived it because of Life Magic and I was a little unlucky with the charge rolls, but I find that dices can never be blamed for losing a battle. Also placing the Shrine blocked access to that flank for his whole army.

The mistakes made where at the centre and right flank as I could easily outmanouvre and combo charge his infantry blocks. All his infantry blocks where only strength 3, so a combo charge of knights and hydra + rear charge of warlocks could have taken any of them. A trend that I see in several battle that I don't send the warlocks to the backfield as I do with the dark riders, this is a mistake. If I had not retreated the warlocks (for no actual reason) they could have provided rear charges or even a doombolt on the Stormfiends. He outplayed me with the clanrats in the centre by advancing and after that retreating as I responded defensive and did not pushed fast enough. Altough I made a great move with the BSB Manticore as that saved me the game (total annihilation of the Shrine of Slaughter) but made a mistake by charging his big horde without support while already wounded by stormfiend fire. With the Manticore eventually getting killed, bsb would lose combat, break and therefore die. I could have moved darkshard in the forest to take over his whole right flank.

Lesson learned :
- when I can outmanouvre my enemy and he can afford to play defensive because of terrain, I should play much more aggresive.
- although Shrine of Slaughter combined with Life magic is capable of going solo, it is wiser to leave access to one flank and concentrate on the other and the centre. Shrine best deployment is in the centre most of the times
- warlocks should be in enemy backfield
- bsb on manticore should charge units he can kill or break on the charge, hordes can be taken by shrine of slaughter, hydra and cold one knights much better than him
- I sacrificed dark riders at the left flank, but could also kept it alive because and shoot the enemy gutter runners to death with the reapers.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.